The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Rear valence treatment (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2727)

Brian Steel 02-09-2002 10:37 PM

Rear valence treatment

Been thinking about upgrading the rear valence, so I Photoshop modified the rear of my Teal 92. I was thinking a filler panel would cover the swoop inward back there.

http://www.smallcar.com/svx/rearval.jpg

Zeppelin 02-10-2002 05:20 PM

I like it!! One thing though, I'd leave the exhaust holes alone so that different tips could be used.. Just a thought :)

Mr. Pockets 02-11-2002 06:54 AM

Re: Rear valence treatment

Quote:

Originally posted by Brian Steel
Been thinking about upgrading the rear valence, so I Photoshop modified the rear of my Teal 92. I was thinking a filler panel would cover the swoop inward back there.

http://www.smallcar.com/svx/rearval.jpg

Why you call that an 'upgrade' is beyond me. I'll submit that not everybody is going to have the same adverse reaction that I do, but it is purely aesthetic in nature. As aesthetics is a subjective matter, I don't see how you can call it an 'upgrade.'

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go and 'upgrade' some mountains I drew last week. :P

Green1995SVX 02-11-2002 12:03 PM

I think i like that... Hav't decided yet... I guess I'll have to see a finished product before i make up my mind.

-Mike

Zeppelin 02-11-2002 12:07 PM

I think it would definitely look better solid, and not with the holes all over it..

Green1995SVX 02-11-2002 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Zeppelin
I think it would definitely look better solid, and not with the holes all over it..
I think I would like 2 Long holes in which you could put mesh of some kind.

-Mike

Brian Steel 02-11-2002 02:25 PM

Re: Re: Rear valence treatment

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
Why you call that an 'upgrade' is beyond me. I'll submit that not everybody is going to have the same adverse reaction that I do, but it is purely aesthetic in nature. As aesthetics is a subjective matter, I don't see how you can call it an 'upgrade.'
Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go and 'upgrade' some mountains I drew last week. :P

I officially retract the word "upgrade". I probably really meant update, but since that word is subjective, I'll say "change". I noticed you didn't say you didn't like it, but maybe that is implied in "adverse reaction".

Green1995SVX 02-11-2002 02:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is kinda what I'm talking about with the 2 long openings. This bumper is on my buddy's 3-series and I absolutely LOVE it

-Mike

Aredubjay 02-11-2002 02:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I like this bumper. It's on my wife's husband's SVX. Looks like it was made for it. :D

Randy i (aka: "Stock Boy" :D )

Green1995SVX 02-11-2002 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay
I like this bumper. It's on my wife's husband's SVX. Looks like it was made for it. :D

Randy i (aka: "Stock Boy" :D )

:rolleyes:

-Mike

PS - I still DO like the stock one better... It works wonderfly on the SVX...the whole back of the car is stunning... Heck, the whole car is (having an ALL STOCK moment)

Aredubjay 02-11-2002 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX

:rolleyes:

-Mike

PS - I still DO like the stock one better... It works wonderfly on the SVX...the whole back of the car is stunning... Heck, the whole car is (having an ALL STOCK moment)

Thanks to Steve Wasion for that photo. One doesn't usually admire a car from that angle, but, it's just proof that the SVX can be admired from ANY angle.

I MISS MY CAR!!! WAHHHHH!! WAAHHHHH! *SNUB, SNUB* WAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Green1995SVX 02-11-2002 03:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Thanks to Steve Wasion for that photo. One doesn't usually admire a car from that angle, but, it's just proof that the SVX can be admired from ANY angle.

I MISS MY CAR!!! WAHHHHH!! WAAHHHHH! *SNUB, SNUB* WAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

It is, in fact, the best angle. <hands aredub a tissue>

-Mike

Aredubjay 02-11-2002 03:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX

It is, in fact, the best angle. <hands aredub a tissue>

-Mike

Thanks, Mike *sniff, sniff, SCHNOOORT*. I dunno, though. This one's hard to beat.

Mr. Pockets 02-11-2002 03:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Thanks, Mike *sniff, sniff, SCHNOOORT*. I dunno, though. This one's hard to beat.

Oooh, Randy. I'm sorry. I am so so so so sorry. I saw your car in front of that farm backdrop and...and...I just couldn't help myself.

I'm SOOOO sorry I only had two minutes and didn't do a good job, but I have to go home and I HAD to do this.

I hope we can still be friends.

Aredubjay 02-11-2002 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

Oooh, Randy. I'm sorry. I am so so so so sorry. I saw your car in front of that farm backdrop and...and...I just couldn't help myself.

I'm SOOOO sorry I only had two minutes and didn't do a good job, but I have to go home and I HAD to do this.

I hope we can still be friends.

Maybe I can get a job as a Gateway Computer delivery person. :rolleyes:

Yes, we're still friends, Nick. Only because I know that we totally freakin' warped people have to stick together. Otherwise, we have no friends. :D