The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   horsepower goals... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45689)

beppomarx 07-31-2008 04:25 PM

horsepower goals...

just wondering what some of the higher horsepower figures this 3.3 is putting out, both N/A and F/I. links would be cool, but just lemme know what some of what your cars are making, or other SVX's that you know of that are mid/highly tuned. i'm thinking this motor should be able to make around 350 N/A and maybe 550 in turbo trim. anyone here around those numbers?

sicksubie 07-31-2008 04:31 PM

Re: horsepower goals...

Ahhhhhh......No one is even close to those numbers at the wheels. Sorry

beppomarx 07-31-2008 04:50 PM

thats fine, i just wanted some ideas. i was figuring at the crank based on basic displacement/bore/stroke figures. regardless of what hasn/t been done, show me what has. has anyone boosted this car? what is considered the 'limit' N/A on a stock longblock? i want to see what has already been done thats all :)

solarsvx 07-31-2008 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beppomarx (Post 558465)
just wondering what some of the higher horsepower figures this 3.3 is putting out, both N/A and F/I. links would be cool, but just lemme know what some of what your cars are making, or other SVX's that you know of that are mid/highly tuned. i'm thinking this motor should be able to make around 350 N/A and maybe 550 in turbo trim. anyone here around those numbers?

even with 350 hp we still have a slow 13 second car.

if you want a fast car by something else,

i have said this many many times over the years, you have a better chance of winning the lottery then seeing a 11 second svx or some 500+ hp beast

ther are some reasonable fast svx's on the board but nothing that most new cars cant beat

ensteele 07-31-2008 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solarsvx (Post 558468)
even with 350 hp we still have a slow 13 second car.

if you want a fast car by something else,

i have said this many many times over the years, you have a better chance of winning the lottery then seeing a 11 second svx or some 500+ hp beast

ther are some reasonable fast svx's on the board but nothing that most new cars cant beat

That's right. This is a Grand Touring Car, not a dragster. :o

svxfiles 07-31-2008 05:23 PM

As soon as I install my Altezas I'm up to 350 crank!:p

OK, at 9psi and 3305 plus driver I should be at high 13s, and about 100mph

benebob 07-31-2008 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solarsvx (Post 558468)

Oh I think our racer could do a high 11. Provided we didn't do a Jesse 1/2 way down the 1/4.
:D

Mensaf 07-31-2008 06:08 PM

EG33 Motor in an S14 with an FC transmission. Do it.

svxfiles 07-31-2008 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omar (Post 558481)
EG33 Motor in an S14 with an FC transmission. Do it.

What?!????

Mensaf 07-31-2008 07:10 PM

Just something I've wanted to do, but I don't have the spare green. If I end up keeping my 240Z, I might do it to that car. EG33 motor, mated to an RX-7 Transmission (kits are readily availible for this) would make an interesting setup. I always thought it'd match the S14 chassis well.

svxfiles 07-31-2008 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benebob (Post 558475)
Oh I think our racer could do a high 11. Provided we didn't do a Jesse 1/2 way down the 1/4.
:D

Sure, 2750#s, and that FANTASTIC exhaust /header system BEFORE Ben gets in, ,
11 seconds is expected!:cool::D

Is this thing on?

subeman90 07-31-2008 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxfiles (Post 558494)
Sure, 2750#s, and that FANTASTIC exhaust /header system BEFORE Ben gets in, ,
11 seconds is expected!:cool::D

Is this thing on?

should have Dave run the car though...you know he IS the better DRIVER :D

It's Just Eric 07-31-2008 10:57 PM

believe me...it isnt that none of this can be done....it's nobody has deep enough pockets to make the custom 1 off parts needed to get some serious power out of the eg33 (At least not in an svx) and none of the larger manufacturers are willing to make an extreamly small productiion run of part being they wont make money back from r&d

LetItSnow 08-01-2008 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by It's Just Eric (Post 558509)
...none of the larger manufacturers are willing to make an extreamly small productiion run of part being they wont make money back from r&d

Why not? Subaru was dumb enough to do it! :lol:

srsly... kidding.

beppomarx 08-01-2008 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by It's Just Eric (Post 558509)
believe me...it isnt that none of this can be done....it's nobody has deep enough pockets to make the custom 1 off parts needed to get some serious power out of the eg33 (At least not in an svx) and none of the larger manufacturers are willing to make an extreamly small productiion run of part being they wont make money back from r&d

I am aware of that, i started originally tuning hyundais almost 10 years ago when they werent even popular. and the svx isnt even in production anymore so why would any company make the effort? I plan on making my svx a fully redone show car and for the most part the whole thing will be custom. I was just interested in what IS available and what HAS been done motor/driveline wise. I hear the forester 5speed tranny bolts in quite nicely, was wondering if anyone has tested it to around 500 horsepower. if not then well i guess we will find out in due time.