The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I am lookig for a windshield. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27718)

Kiteless 08-05-2005 02:58 AM

I am lookig for a windshield.

Hey anyone out there got a windshield? My windshield has a huge crack in it. I did some calling around and the only place that had a windshield quotes me $1440. It was actually kind of funny. I called the place and the guy was like, oh there must be something wrong. I need to double check this. He came back and said he was sorry but it would cost almost $1500 dollars. I am going to start calling junk yards, worst case, at least I found a place that has one and I know how much I am going to need to save up if I want one. But I was hoping someone here may have one for sale. I have a 1994 SVX L. Thanks folks.

- Jason
S.F. Bay Area, CA

pavanbabut 08-05-2005 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiteless
Hey anyone out there got a windshield? My windshield has a huge crack in it. I did some calling around and the only place that had a windshield quotes me $1440. It was actually kind of funny. I called the place and the guy was like, oh there must be something wrong. I need to double check this. He came back and said he was sorry but it would cost almost $1500 dollars. I am going to start calling junk yards, worst case, at least I found a place that has one and I know how much I am going to need to save up if I want one. But I was hoping someone here may have one for sale. I have a 1994 SVX L. Thanks folks.

- Jason
S.F. Bay Area, CA

Try at subaruparts.com there u can get for even less including shipping ($916+$110)
Diagram

But u can always check on For sale forum where u can find someone or the other parting out their SVXes. If you can find someone like this u can get it for around $500 - $600.

Best of luck on your search...

-Pavan.

AFBeefcake 08-05-2005 06:27 AM

I think there is one on ebay right now.

msvx95 08-05-2005 09:54 AM

Yes, I saw one with 3 bidders on Ebay this morning..........good luck

lhopp77 08-05-2005 10:04 AM

Pickup

Unfortunately the ebay is "pickup" only--no shipping. Talk to your local Subaru dealer and see if they will cut you a deal. If you could pick it up instead of paying shipping it might not be a bad deal. I tell my dealer that I am Lee's Foreign Auto Repair and they give me wholesale prices which even beat 1stSubaruParts most of the time. :D

Lee

nordique14 08-05-2005 10:28 AM

Dude, you may be in luck. The SJ pick'n'pull junkyard has a 92 LS-L. It has been pretty cleanly picked over (partially by me), but as of a few weeks ago, the windshield was on there in one piece. Very dirty, but no cracks. You have to get it off yourself, but you will save a bundle. If you need a hand, let me know. I live pretty close by and can help.

-Matt

Kiteless 08-05-2005 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordique14
Dude, you may be in luck. The SJ pick'n'pull junkyard has a 92 LS-L. It has been pretty cleanly picked over (partially by me), but as of a few weeks ago, the windshield was on there in one piece. Very dirty, but no cracks. You have to get it off yourself, but you will save a bundle. If you need a hand, let me know. I live pretty close by and can help.

-Matt

Hey thanks for all your feedback guys, I will check out the one on eBay.

Matt I have sent you a PM, I sure could use a hand. How much do you think they will want for that Windshield if it is still there?

- Jason

nordique14 08-05-2005 02:38 PM

Bad news. I went to the junkyard at lunch and the SVX was gone. What was left has been turned into a cube. Very sad.

pavanbabut 08-05-2005 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordique14
Bad news. I went to the junkyard at lunch and the SVX was gone. What was left has been turned into a cube. Very sad.

CUBE CUBE... it makes me feel very very sad... :confused: :confused: :confused: :mad: :mad:

-Pavan.

fait_svx 08-05-2005 02:43 PM

I used to have 2 cracks going in opposite directions lol. I lent my sister in law borrow the car one day and she gets in a fender bender, luckily she was alright. And, luckily I had full coverage. So, I just told the insurance company that the accident caused the cracks, and voila, new windshield, free.

Kiteless 08-05-2005 03:53 PM

Arg, damn. Well scratch that one off the list. Hmm, I am going to call the Sub dealer and see what they can do for me.

Yeah I have been thinking about "claiming" the windshield on my car, but I just would not feel good about it. That and it is insurance fraude.

Thanks for all your input thus far.

- Jason

fait_svx 08-05-2005 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiteless

Yeah I have been thinking about "claiming" the windshield on my car, but I just would not feel good about it. That and it is insurance fraude.

- Jason

It wasnt "deliberately" done though. It just happened by chance. It was snowing the day she got into the accident. On top of that, she had never driven an awd car in the snow before, she didnt realize that an awd car needs the same if not more room to come to a complete stop.

oab_au 08-06-2005 05:29 AM

Windscreens.

There are two different colour tints in windscreens, blue and bronze. I think the dark paint colours were bronze, and the light colours, were blue.

Harvey. ;)