The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Does the SVX roll easily? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15777)

NapaBavarian 01-19-2004 05:12 PM

Does the SVX roll easily?

I always figured the answer would be no, however I've found 3 examples in the last 2 weeks where an svx had been rolled...

Mr. Pockets 01-19-2004 05:24 PM

I don't think it rolls easily, no. I think you have to do something phenomenally stupid or be really unlucky to actually roll one. It is a very wide, low car.

oab_au 01-19-2004 05:39 PM

Tippey over.

It does happen with an AWD car that sticks to the road at both ends, till it tips. WRXs do it more, don't just tip, they leap up and over. :D

Harvey.;)

GreenMarine 01-19-2004 06:43 PM

I've been able to push mine quite a distance without any help from anyone... Just make sure the Tranny's in N

:D:D:D:cool:

marlettpat 01-19-2004 07:15 PM

Quote:
GreenMarineSVX I've been able to push mine quite a distance without any help from anyone... Just make sure the Tranny's in N

wow, thats gotta be the dumbest thing i ever heard :D lol

NikFu S. 01-19-2004 07:20 PM

ive felt pretty close to rolling. maybe its just alaskan roads but the svx does not feel stable at all around corners over 30. even gradual sloping ones.
ok well, i was doing 90 :D but still.

MYgreen92 01-19-2004 07:21 PM

that was great!!! anyways, 3600 lbs, extremely low and wide = stable...unless your in a powerslide and the side of the car falls in a ditch...then i bet its pretty easy to do

Andy 01-19-2004 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MYgreen92
that was great!!! anyways, 3600 lbs, extremely low and wide = stable...unless your in a powerslide and the side of the car falls in a ditch...then i bet its pretty easy to do
Ouch. ......anyway, it wasn't his fault, that ditch just jumped out in front of him. :D :D

Sorry Harry

Noir 01-19-2004 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Andy

Ouch. ......anyway, it wasn't his fault, that ditch just jumped out in front of him. :D :D

Sorry Harry

yeah it was really weird....i remember it clearly now.

damn modded wrx's and their autocrossing drivers.....

i stuck to those two wrx's for about an hour before the slide got me. recovered from the slide, but unfortunately the turn was coming up right after i recovered and woosh, back-end kicked out while trying to turn the car and i did 2 360's and 1 180 eventually the tire touched dirt and pulled the car over. if you saw the pictures, you would see where the tire folded in where it gripped the dirt.

but it was hella fun though :D

oh yeah, it is kinda hard to flip the svx. :D i just like doing things the hard way.

another example. i use a pc.

NapaBavarian 01-19-2004 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
I've been able to push mine quite a distance without any help from anyone... Just make sure the Tranny's in N

:D:D:D:cool:

I had to push my car, not an SVX, up a slight hill once to roll start it! Didnt that suc:mad:

Alycone 01-20-2004 07:02 AM

Mine feels a lot more stable since getting my rear suspension fixed, and will probably feel even better when I get around to buying new tires.

deruvian 01-20-2004 06:44 PM

I dunno... Mine rolled pretty easily!

Mind you, I wasn't in danger of a head-on collision, the guy didn't show up from around a corner, I didn't swerve out of the way, and I definitely didn't hit an embankment and a tree...

So, I guess they are kinda hard to roll.

Really...

I promise.

:( :( :(

Noir 01-21-2004 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by deruvian
I dunno... Mine rolled pretty easily!

Mind you, I wasn't in danger of a head-on collision, the guy didn't show up from around a corner, I didn't swerve out of the way, and I definitely didn't hit an embankment and a tree...

So, I guess they are kinda hard to roll.

Really...

I promise.

:( :( :(

<Harry comes in and gives Deruvian a HI-FIVE.>

word to your mother, brother! they call me flipper, what do they call you? :D

CigarJohnny 01-21-2004 05:39 AM

RE: Does the SVX roll easily?

A guy I lifted with (micro-meets 3 times a week!) managed to roll his being a dumb bass drunken idiot one evening. Tried to take a back road "S" turn at triple digits when the ditch on the outside of the curve said "to hell with you, a-hole!" and sent his SVX on a hell ride that included a triple kartwheel with a twist (according to police). Does the SVX roll easily? No! Does the SVX protect it's cargo if it should happen? Hell YES! He opened the door and walked out of the car with nothing more than a gash on his ankle and some bruised ribs. That beautiful car gave it's life to save his "second DUI offense"-ive dumb ass.

And, once, my SVX ran out of gas on the highway. I put it in neutral and coasted about a 1/4 mile and halfway up the exit to the gas station.

So to answer your question, no and yes. :D

-Johnny

GreenMarine 01-21-2004 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by MYgreen92
That's what happened to Harry (Noir)... I think...