The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   is the trunk lid height adjustable? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33543)

r85rx7 06-05-2006 03:32 PM

is the trunk lid height adjustable?

I'm looking to buy an svx and i went and looked at one today. while i was doing a walk around checking it out i noticed that the driver side of the hatch was not flush, it was higher than the passanger side. so basically is somthing bent or can it be adjusted?

Earthworm 06-05-2006 03:46 PM

I would assume you are referring to the trunk lid. I too would like to know an answer to this because mine is the opposite. (The passenger side sticks up a bit at the frontmost part)

r85rx7 06-05-2006 04:28 PM

yea its the trunk lid.

craftylandshark 06-06-2006 02:54 AM

i don't know if this is common or not, but on mine, the rear wiper arm tends to sag below where it should sit a bit while the trunk is open. i've almost closed the tip of it (which is on the drivers' side) in the trunk two or three times. if it was ever closed on the wiper arm, i guess that could conceivably stress the hinge enough to leave that side of the trunk lid slightly higher...? :confused:

rvnmaniac 06-06-2006 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftylandshark
i don't know if this is common or not, but on mine, the rear wiper arm tends to sag below where it should sit a bit while the trunk is open. i've almost closed the tip of it (which is on the drivers' side) in the trunk two or three times. if it was ever closed on the wiper arm, i guess that could conceivably stress the hinge enough to leave that side of the trunk lid slightly higher...? :confused:

At least your rear wiper works. That's one thing on my vehicle i haven't taken care of yet, everything else is working fine (KNOCK ON WOOD). Purchased a rear wiper motor but was told that wasn't the problem. Next will be the rear wiper relay to see if that'll do it.....

Suby Fan 06-06-2006 12:11 PM

yes it is adjustable all body parts are.... just takes a little hammering... there could be bolts that you can loosen and slide around but im not sure eather way i would take it to a body shop they shouldnt charge to much for this one

dcarrb 06-06-2006 01:50 PM

If I were checking-out an SVX and noticed misaligned body panels I'd sure look closely to rule-out collision damage. In the case of the trunk, at the least it's a safe bet somebody tried to slam the lid on an oversized load.

dcb

Stevebsy 06-06-2006 10:44 PM

The trunklid is fiberglass/SMC. It does not bend permanently.

Though trying to shut it on a oversize load could tweak the hinges and/or latch.

Get a couple of body shims and you'll have it all good in no time.

r85rx7 06-07-2006 04:18 AM

thanks for the help guys