The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Flying off tomorrow to pick up a RED 97 LSi w/20K mi! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14541)

arondale 11-19-2003 10:11 PM

Flying off tomorrow to pick up a RED 97 LSi w/20K mi!

Well folks, I'm flying off to Oregon tomorrow with my dad to pick up a red 97 LSi. I am still in shock that I found an SVX with less than 20,000 miles.

I am bringing a 35mm, a digital camera, a miniDV, and a Meade GO TO Refractor to stare at the stars at night. Oh yes, and lets not forget the iPod. :)

I'll be driving down the Oregon coast, onward to Idaho, Utah, Colorado/Arizona corners, New Mexico...essentially through the Rockies and Grand Canyon... then traveling directly east to Georgia.

I will be sure to take plenty of pics and video to document everything for an upcoming website: www.badsvx.com. I'll be sure to take several pics in different lighting conditions in high res. with different vistas in the background for next years Calendar. :)

Porter, I'll be sure to swing by the shop so you can check it out! It will be after Thanksgiving.

Talk to you guys soon.

Arondale

SVXRide 11-19-2003 10:13 PM

Hey, how in the world did this one evade the ever-widening "Earl Net"???:D
-Bill
p.s. be careful out there on the drive cross country

shelfy 11-19-2003 10:22 PM

arondale:

too bad you're not coming through the denver area. your 97 could meet my 97 with only 9500 miles!

Breck SVX 11-19-2003 10:39 PM

If you break down by Boulder, let me know. I'll steal your car when you're not looking and part it out to this board, nobody will ever catch on....

-Alex

T.McCaw 11-20-2003 01:22 AM

Have you been told today?

Glad it went to some here. Keep us posted.

Tom

Ps you are going to let your dad have a turn aren't you?

CigarJohnny 11-20-2003 04:36 AM

Lucky, lucky you!

I am envious :D Might I ask how much you paid for this rare find? If so, how much???

Your drive home with it sounds like a dream come true. Best of luck with the car. :)

LarryIII 11-20-2003 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Breck SVX
If you break down by Boulder, let me know. I'll steal your car when you're not looking and part it out to this board, nobody will ever catch on....

-Alex

Alex,

For the last year, we have been working on an Amgen project which is being built in Boulder. Alot of our company's people are out there. I'm hoping to get a trip out there myself. I will PM you when I do. Maybe we can meet up and discuss SVX things.

LarryIII 11-20-2003 04:43 AM

Arondale,

Congratulations on your good fortune. Happy Motoring.
Welcome to the '97 SVX Club.

JLittell 11-20-2003 09:41 AM

Earl you in disguise??:D

Mr. Pockets 11-20-2003 10:49 AM

That sounds like just a fabulous way to enjoy a new SVX. I know that when I bought mine, all I wanted to do with it was just drive and drive... :D

Have a great trip. :)

Pearlywhites1992 11-20-2003 12:19 PM

Tom

Wow, Nanaimo eh?
Please tell me you ride mountain bikes; and that I'm welcome
to stay with you next year while you show me the killer trails
outside your door......

Tim:D

Mr. Pockets 11-20-2003 12:22 PM

Re: Tom

Quote:

Originally posted by Pearlywhites1992
Wow, Nanaimo eh?
Please tell me you ride mountain bikes; and that I'm welcome
to stay with you next year while you show me the killer trails
outside your door......

Tim:D

Tim, I just moved to possibly the worst mountain biking state. Illinois is so friggin' flat!!! UGH!

GreenMarine 11-20-2003 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by shelfy
arondale:

too bad you're not coming through the denver area. your 97 could meet my 97 with only 9500 miles!

What the hell is this??? I didn't know that we had a member with a car under 10,000 miles on it!!!! Why the hell don't you post more often man???

mark10t 11-20-2003 12:31 PM

Wow! Reminds me of when I bought my '94- off a 4 year lease w/ only 27,000 miles and pristine condition.

Now I've got 126,000 miles- at least it rides like new- I just installed new struts (OEM) at all corners. With my winter tires newly swapped, I'm already for the white stuff they're predicting this weekend.

I'm envious-

Enjoy!!

-Mark

shelfy 11-20-2003 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX

What the hell is this??? I didn't know that we had a member with a car under 10,000 miles on it!!!! Why the hell don't you post more often man???

i purchased the 92 claret in may 2002, but did not discover this site until oct 2002. i remained inactive until jlittell e-mailed me about the colorado meet last august. and until last month, i really haven't participated in the witty banter that goes on here.

as for my low number of posts, i can attribute that to being very fortunate with the svx. i haven't had any major problems with either one. i've learned a lot from other members, but i'm not very mechanically inclined so i doubt i'd be of any help to anyone.

however, i love the opportunity to bring up the fact that i am lucky to have an svx with so few miles. just hope that others can appreciate my good fortune and not be too jealous. :)