The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Southwest SVX's unite! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10528)

ChronicSVX 05-04-2003 08:56 PM

Southwest SVX's unite!

Does anyone know of any SVX/subaru meets coming up?
Im here in New Mexico and Ive seen like maybe 5 other SVX's out here. I'd like to organize a meet down here in NM, there's a drag strip in Albuquerque and lots of great roads to haul ass on. If anyone is interested or knows of an upcoming event post a message on the forum and let me know!

MNYPNNY 05-05-2003 11:04 AM

Trying to organize a large regional meet for summer 2004.......

SVX10 05-05-2003 11:41 AM

WTF??

Where were you 3 years ago when i was dying for meets, Mr. Albuquerque? Hehehe. I'm from Sandia Park, but I was always in Burque. I forgot that they re-opened the drag strip. MAN...if I weren't in MI, I'd be there. I haven't seen many NM people on this board...just one from Santa Fe. Hope you can get something together.

ChronicSVX 05-05-2003 09:25 PM

southwest svx

well three years ago I owned an Eagle Talon esi and was getting wasted by turbo'd talons. I could try to organize something but first I must make out maps of all the good roads here first.
I'll keep posting new threads just to get the Idea out.
BTW, I gassed up(premium!) at my local 7-11 right across from another SVX doing the same thing

Motorsport-SVX 05-05-2003 09:41 PM

tucson calling

just let me know where and when, Ill try to be there !!

ChronicSVX 05-05-2003 09:52 PM

Allright at least some people are responding! I'll start on something. Just to give you guys something to work with, I would plan for this event to be around september or october right after the usually hot and dry summer dies down! and for events I was thinking a day at the drag strip and a day in some rural back country for some road racing and maybe some rally stages.

Motorsport-SVX 05-05-2003 10:01 PM

cool.

Quote:

Originally posted by ChronicSVX
Allright at least some people are responding! I'll start on something. Just to give you guys something to work with, I would plan for this event to be around september or october right after the usually hot and dry summer dies down! and for events I was thinking a day at the drag strip and a day in some rural back country for some road racing and maybe some rally stages.
Im not much for the dragstrip on these cars to be honest
since we arent shattering any records or anything....
Late in the summer is cool idea, for me Oct is a good month
at least its in the low 100s ...haha.
A cool road trip to the Grand Canyon may be fun or a lake trip in Phx would be cool. Alot of people around here go to the White Mountains to cool off in Aug, great mountain roads to test
the car with :) :) :)

SVX10 05-06-2003 05:29 AM

Take the drive up to Sandia Peak...test out some transmissions. That's one of the coolest spots I've ever been to. I go about 3 times a year, and I never get sick of the amazing view.