The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Just got a SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1530)

ravi 09-22-2001 12:16 AM

Just got a SVX

HEY HEY HEY EVERYBODY!!! MY NAME IS RAVI . You all must have never seen my name up here. That's becuase I just got a SVX few weeks before. I found this Paper on my Car's window which gave me the address of this site. I am wondering who left this. I am just curious to know. The name on this card is John Hoffman. Does anybody know him?? well, I am gonna have more question about my car, so I will keep posting my questions here. It's nice to join this site. :cool: :)

Seraph 09-22-2001 12:33 AM

Hi Ravi
Welcome to the site. We all know who John is. I do anyways -- although I have not meet with him in real life. I have exchanged a couple of e-mails.

We are all SVX loving community here and please feel free to post anything. We will try to answer your questions as much as we can (to the best of our knowledge)

Lwin

CGLathrop 09-22-2001 02:17 PM

If my memory is working...

If I can remember correctly.. Didnt john make the first batch of SVX club stickers??

Ron Mummert 09-22-2001 08:21 PM

Re: If my memory is working...

Quote:

Originally posted by CGLathrop
If I can remember correctly.. Didnt john make the first batch of SVX club stickers??
To CGL, yes, he did. I still have mine. To Ravi: John & I are attending the "Snowshoe II" meet in Canaan Valley, WV. Can you join us? I think there are still some reserved rooms available. Check out all the info on the forum, & welcome aboard. Ron.

Aredubjay 09-23-2001 01:11 AM

Ravi, welcome to the SVX WORLD Network. We're very happy to have you here. John Hoffman is a great friend and a regular here. You'll find him under the "handle" Svxcess. We're all here to help each other, so feel free to use the combined knowledge and wit (well, maybe I'm half right about the wit) of this wonderful conglomeration of people. Again, WELCOME!

joeaux 09-23-2001 12:03 PM

Welcome Ravi. You'll find everything you need for your SVX here. The people are the best. The help is always available and the talk, well, it's normally about the cars, but sometimes we get weird. It's normal. Enjoy the automobile. They are STILL one of the best cars going for the money.
-joe-

Aredubjay 09-23-2001 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by joeaux
Welcome Ravi. You'll find everything you need for your SVX here. The people are the best. The help is always available and the talk, well, it's normally about the cars, but sometimes we get weird. It's normal. Enjoy the automobile. They are STILL one of the best cars going for the money.
-joe-

Joe, good to see you "in the hunt" again. We've missed you 'round here. I'm guessing you've been busy, but, don't stay away so long. :)

LarryIII 09-24-2001 05:18 AM

Ravi,

Welcome to the SVX family. We are about as disfunctional as any. I am probably the weirdest.
Take a minute to go to my personal locker and check out the info on the 10th Anniv. SVX Meet. It will be held next summer in Indiana.
If you are interested in joining us, please contact me.

Larry III

'97 burgundy LSi

ravi 09-24-2001 11:24 AM

hi again

hey everybody, it's very nice of all of you to give me attention like that. I am now glad to join this site. I have some problem with my browser, that's why I couldn't reply before. I have like 4 or 5 questions. I will post them when I will get a chance. I just wanted to say hi for now.
see you all around.
ravi.

oneothefewproud 09-27-2001 03:18 PM

HEY HEY HEY EVERYBODY!!! MY NAME IS RAVI

Ravi,

Welcome to the best site on the web. This place and people have helped me greatly. Please feel free to look and touch.

Ooops not supposed to say that. Sorry Randy. I know keep it clean. I ment to say click. hahahaha

Welcome aboard.

ciao
Wayne

ravi 10-04-2001 08:40 PM

back here again

hey guys, I am back again. I have been busy in my studies cause I am full time student.
I just some some questions for you guys.
Q1. What size of speakers go on SVX ??
Q2. About how much does it take to get the windows tinted?
Q3. My head lights are dirty from inside. How can I clean them so they will look new?? I tried to take the light out, but I couldn't figure out how can I do that? can somebody help??

I have seen 5 svx in MD yet. I saw one yesterday while driving to CCBC essex, as you get off of exit 32B from I-695. it was near a taco bell. The color of SVX was blue, was that any of you guys ? I have seen two svx with just one owner. I saw it at snowball center at larkbrown center in columbia, MD. He has one 95 green SVX and a 92 Burgendy SVX. DO you know who is that ? I go to CCBC catonsville. One of the faculty members bring a white SVX, I have seen SVX world NEt sticker on his/her car too, do you knwo who is that?? I saw one other day at CCBC essex in the parking lot, I don't know who was that?

How can I get a sticker of SVX WROLD NET ?? does anyone got one ?

To Ron: You were talking previously about Canaan Valley meet. what forum should I go on to get the info for it??

I also started a new forum under "The Subaru SVX "NETWORK" > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Northeast Region." Why don't everybody who lives in MD or near MD, go to the forum and add your name to it, this way we will have names of everybody from MD.

see you guys around,
ravi.

Aredubjay 10-04-2001 08:54 PM

Re: back here again

Quote:

Originally posted by ravi
hey guys, I am back again. I have been busy in my studies cause I am full time student.
I just some some questions for you guys.
Q1. What size of speakers go on SVX ??
Q2. About how much does it take to get the windows tinted?
Q3. My head lights are dirty from inside. How can I clean them so they will look new?? I tried to take the light out, but I couldn't figure out how can I do that? can somebody help??

I have seen 5 svx in MD yet. I saw one yesterday while driving to CCBC essex, as you get off of exit 32B from I-695. it was near a taco bell. The color of SVX was blue, was that any of you guys ? I have seen two svx with just one owner. I saw it at snowball center at larkbrown center in columbia, MD. He has one 95 green SVX and a 92 Burgendy SVX. DO you know who is that ? I go to CCBC catonsville. One of the faculty members bring a white SVX, I have seen SVX world NEt sticker on his/her car too, do you knwo who is that?? I saw one other day at CCBC essex in the parking lot, I don't know who was that?

How can I get a sticker of SVX WROLD NET ?? does anyone got one ?

To Ron: You were talking previously about Canaan Valley meet. what forum should I go on to get the info for it??

I also started a new forum under "The Subaru SVX "NETWORK" > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Northeast Region." Why don't everybody who lives in MD or near MD, go to the forum and add your name to it, this way we will have names of everybody from MD.

see you guys around,
ravi.

Ravi,
You're full of questions. :D

First of all, the faculty member is a regular here at the net and an enthusiast. It's John Hoffman (svxcess) Look him up and maybe you can convoy down to the Canaan Valley meet. There are lots of Maryland members. Svxit is from Maryland as is Ron Mummert.

Stickers are available at www.subarusvx.com.

Speakers are 6x9 rears and 6.5 fronts.

I've heard anywhere from 250 - 500 dollars for a tinting. It varies by geography.

Sorry, there's no way to clean the lenses from the "inside" without breaking them. The Novus plastic cleaning products do a great job on the outside.

Hope to see you at Canaan valley. You can find info under the "Snowshoe II Planning Thread" Thread.

Ron Mummert 10-04-2001 09:04 PM

Hi Ravi - For the Canaan Valley meet go to the Upcoming Meets forum and browse through the "Snowshoe II" thread. There are still rooms available, I think. The white SVX with the World Network sticker might be John Hoffman (SVXcess). If you see a black '92 around the Columbia area, it might be me. I've seen at least a dozen SVX's around here. Welcome back, Ron.

ravi 10-04-2001 09:12 PM

Hey Aredubjay, thanx for answering the questions.

Ron, Now I know that John is one of the faculy member of same college I go to, so I guess I can see him anytime. I work in Columbia, so I might see you up there sometime. What street you live at, I am pretty good at finding streets in columbia becuase I diliver up there. You will usually see me in my 92' Burgundy SVX either in catonsville, woodlawn or essex area.
It was yesterday, 10/03/2001, around 12:30pm, I was near exit 31b from I-695. I saw a Blue SVX up there. I waived at him too. I went in to taco bell that time. who is that person, anybody know??
well, see ya guys later, I got a chemistry exam tomorrow and I gotta study for it ( stooin for an A);) .
see you guys around.
ravi.

Ron Mummert 10-04-2001 09:44 PM

Ravi - I live in the Columbia Hills section of Ellicott City. (Spring Valley Road). The batmobile is hidden in the bat cave (garage) when I'm at home. I work close to the Arundel Mills Mall off Rt. 100. Ron.