The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Filet Mignon (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2004)

Mr. Pockets 11-16-2001 03:41 PM

Filet Mignon

This would have fit nicely into the 'I love my car...' thread, but that one has turned into a headlight discussion, and I doubt anyone is paying attention to it any more...

...and I do so crave your attention. :)

This morning my wife and I were on our way in to the office. She has the day off and her car was here at the office because I wasn't feeling well so she came to pick me up last night. How sweet, huh? :)

I mentioned that I wanted to try to find new front rotors for my car because they're warped and we have this road trip ahead of us. She said she didn't notice anything wrong with the brakes yesterday when she drove it (she had to drive a couple superiors around during paresnt-teacher conferences, so she wanted to use my car). I explained that the rotors cause tha car to shake during stops sometimes like her Explorer used to. Again, she said she didn't notice it.

'Your car drives so nicely compared to mine, I wouldn't notice if anything was wrong.'

'Your car drives fine - it's just loud,' I replied.

'Oh, I love my car,' my wife said, 'but it doesn't really compare. My Legacy is like a peanut butter sandwich and yours is like a filet mignon.'

Have a good weekend, everybody.

1994SubaruSVX 11-16-2001 03:49 PM

that wife of yours is pretty quick.....

on her feet. if the legacy is a peanut butter sandwich that should make my wife's gti a pimento cheese. :D

nice story pockets.....have a good weekend too. :)

Mr. Pockets 11-16-2001 03:54 PM

Re: that wife of yours is pretty quick.....

Quote:

Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
on her feet. if the legacy is a peanut butter sandwich that should make my wife's gti a pimento cheese. :D

nice story pockets.....have a good weekend too. :)

Well, she made sure to explain that by peanut butter sandwich, she meant the nicest peanut butter sandwish you can make.

'...you know, with Jif - not the low-fat stuff - and Smucker's Jelly and really nice bread...'

1994SubaruSVX 11-16-2001 04:05 PM

you know i am a little hungry....

that sandwich sounded a little tasty! :)

Ron Mummert 11-16-2001 08:06 PM

Well then... I hope to see all of you SVXers at the next meat.
Ron.

Aredubjay 11-16-2001 11:42 PM

Nick, that's beeeuuuutiful! Tell Amber she gets a Gold Star. :D

(Yes, Jif is the best, Skippy ain't bad [I'm a smooth myself], but, I gotta have nothing less than Welches Concord Grape Jelly :) )

cocacola08 11-19-2001 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ron Mummert
I hope to see all of you SVXers at the next meat.
Ron.

Sorry Ron that one gets an OB

SVXphile 11-19-2001 09:30 PM

OB

<I hope to see all of you SVXers at the next meat>

OB indeed! That is a bit much Ron, especially for those of us with tender eyes....
:rolleyes: Don

Aredubjay 11-19-2001 09:40 PM

Re: OB

Quote:

Originally posted by SVXphile
<I hope to see all of you SVXers at the next meat>

OB indeed! That is a bit much Ron, especially for those of us with tender eyes....
:rolleyes: Don

Dee dee dee dee dee dee dee dee dee the loins sleep tonight.

Uh weh ma weh uh weh ma weh uh weh ma weh . . . :D

SVXphile 11-19-2001 09:45 PM

< the loins sleep tonight>

A Token response, if I've ever heard one! :D Don

Ron Mummert 11-20-2001 07:18 AM

Uh-oh! Loins, propositions etc. We're getting close to one of the greatest puns of all time. I'm sure Don knows it. Fortunately, I won't repeat it here, lest I run the risk of crashing the network.
I veal use restraint this time.
Ron.

Aredubjay 11-20-2001 10:30 AM

As the confused gourmand said:

"Loins and tubers and beers -- OH MY!!!!" :D:D:D

LarryIII 11-20-2001 10:38 AM

I hate to lamb-baste anyone, but it sounds like all you grizzled old guys are just chewing the fat.

------- or ------------

I have to beef about all the posts on this tread. They seem to steer in only one vein and that's just too tough for my taste.

------------- or--------------

I thought that there was something fishy here, but all these posts are really prime. They seem to be a cut above.

Larry III ;)

Aredubjay 11-20-2001 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryIII
I hate to lamb-baste anyone, but it sounds like all you grizzled old guys are just chewing the fat.

------- or ------------

I have to beef about all the posts on this tread. They seem to steer in only one vein and that's just too tough for my taste.

------------- or--------------

I thought that there was something fishy here, but all these posts are really prime. They seem to be a cut above.

Larry III ;)

Larry, when it comes to words, you're a regular Venison Van Gough.

LarryIII 11-20-2001 01:21 PM

Mr. Wordsmith,

Deer me; those words slid so easel-y off your tongue.

Larry III