The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Check Engine Light of DEATH (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45102)

svxcess95 06-11-2008 01:18 PM

Check Engine Light of DEATH

Man, I can't believe this. I've had a check engine light on for about a year and a half. I've taken it through the full gambit of mechanics and Subaru dealers and NO ONE can tell me what is causing the light to come on and go off. I definitly notice a change in driveability as well when it's on. I'm about ready to go to Subaru of America and start knocking on doors :ninja: (I work across the street from their offices). I don't suppose there are any better places I should be taking it to get this diagnosed (dealers that specialized in servicing SVX's or anythign like that)?

SVXRide 06-11-2008 01:48 PM

follow the how to for pulling codes and read them yourself. The light is set up to only illuminate when the ECU throws a code.
-Bill

RSVX 06-11-2008 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess95 (Post 551588)
Man, I can't believe this. I've had a check engine light on for about a year and a half. I've taken it through the full gambit of mechanics and Subaru dealers and NO ONE can tell me what is causing the light to come on and go off. I definitly notice a change in driveability as well when it's on. I'm about ready to go to Subaru of America and start knocking on doors :ninja: (I work across the street from their offices). I don't suppose there are any better places I should be taking it to get this diagnosed (dealers that specialized in servicing SVX's or anythign like that)?

TomsSVX and svxpert are both (members here) in your area and highly reccomended.

svxcess95 06-12-2008 07:20 AM

Thanks!

:)Thank yo very much; I'll try shooting them a message!

YourConfused 06-12-2008 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXRide (Post 551591)
follow the how to for pulling codes and read them yourself. The light is set up to only illuminate when the ECU throws a code.
-Bill

And let us know what code you get, as allot of us can provide info and tips. Good luck with it.

Hondasucks 06-13-2008 01:06 AM

Re: Check Engine Light of DEATH

1 Attachment(s)
You can also try putting it in D-Check mode (plug the green connectors together) and drive the car around, it basically is a self-test mode, and when it detects a fault it will start flashing the code with the check engine light.

The connectors I'm speaking of are under the dash on the driver's side. There are two sets of connectors, and if they've never been used they will be taped up to the harness, but in most cases they will be hanging. One set are green T shaped connectors, and they are used for "D-Check" mode, the other set is two small square black connectors, they are used for "U-Check" mode which basically just reads codes. Attached you'll find an explanation of the connectors, where they are located, and a list of trouble codes. I don't know what year your SVX is, I assumed it is a 95 since your handle has "95" in it lol.

svxcess95 06-13-2008 06:39 AM

Re: Check Engine Light of DEATH

Thanks Honda! I'll try it this weekend and if I get a code, I'll post it when I found out.

Thanks again for all your help guys!