The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Best Parts Site (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2055)

iced_out_svx 11-24-2001 08:14 AM

The Best Parts Site

I was informed about a site online that has every part for every car imaginable. And get this, even the SVX. www.car-part.com This site post all parts from yards around the nation or state by state. It lists most prices and all contact numbers, including stock numbers, so if they say they don't have it tell them to look up the number you have. You can bargain with the prices too. I found an engine for 1700$ and talked the guy down to wholesale with free shipping. Check it out. ICE

Seraph 11-24-2001 10:06 AM

I have been there before and I was not really too happy with the site. But I am glad it worked for you.

The reason why the cops are attracted to your car is because you drive it like you stole it :D

Lwin

CGLathrop 11-24-2001 05:53 PM

Whats in a name

"I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time" - Vin Diesel

Oh... Right... Like thats his real name....

alex_umn 11-25-2001 01:20 AM

According to http://us.imdb.com/Name?Diesel,+Vin this person's original name is Mark Vincent.

Poseur. I tells ya, if I were to rename myself, it would be to Max Power. Sorry, Simpsons reference, and a bad one at that!

iced_out_svx 11-25-2001 11:32 AM

Tickets, Warrants, Jail Time

"The reason why the cops are attracted to your car is because you drive it like you stole it"

Lwin, Can you tell me a better way? LOL

Aredubjay 11-25-2001 12:53 PM

Re: Tickets, Warrants, Jail Time

Quote:

Originally posted by iced_out_svx
"The reason why the cops are attracted to your car is because you drive it like you stole it"

Lwin, Can you tell me a better way? LOL

Maybe Lwin can't, but I can: "Drive it like it's rented." :D

CGLathrop 11-25-2001 04:36 PM

How About...

Driving it like you want it to last forever...

Or at least a sleeper. Then when some yoohoo in a Ford focus, or Honda, or Nissan with a coffee can muffler thinks his car is the $hit.. you can show him that it is just a pile of $hit..

Seraph 11-25-2001 09:19 PM

Re: Re: Tickets, Warrants, Jail Time

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

Maybe Lwin can't, but I can: "Drive it like it's rented." :D

You don't want to go there -- I mean the rental part...
:D
Lwin

0260N4 11-25-2001 10:23 PM

I would hope that no one here drives their SVX's like a rental car, I would like to see them last for awhile yet. If I drove mine like I drove my last rental car (which was a 01 Mitsu Eclipse Sypder convertible BTW) then I would need a new tranny every few months....

1994SubaruSVX 11-27-2001 12:58 PM

last rental car......

mercury grand marquis.......aka......land yacht. this is one big a$$ car! :eek:

Aredubjay 11-27-2001 01:32 PM

Re: last rental car......

Quote:

Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
mercury grand marquis.......aka......land yacht. this is one big a$$ car! :eek:
Yeppers, that's a big 'un. I took my driver's test in my Grandpa's 71 Mercury MX Brougham. I flunked. I learned to drive in a Beetle. Needless to say, I backed over a curb trying to parallel park. I passed the second time (barely). I borrowed my Mom's friend's Beetle. The reason I say I "barely" passed, was because it had one of those "new fangled" "automatic stick shifts." Talk about confusion. I kept stomping the floorboard where the clutch should be. It kind of "unnerved" the State Trooper who was giving me the test. :D

calmone 11-27-2001 03:53 PM

thanks for the site, i just ordered a cd player for my 92 for $75 plus shipping.

Aredubjay 11-27-2001 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by calmone
thanks for the site, i just ordered a cd player for my 92 for $75 plus shipping.
Congratulations and welcome to the Network. Were you aware you lived in the same city as one of our more active (and obnoxious :) ) members? Ron Mummert. You guys should have a micro meet. Again, welcome.

Ron Mummert 11-27-2001 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

Congratulations and welcome to the Network. Were you aware you lived in the same city as one of our more active (and obnoxious :) ) members? Ron Mummert. You guys should have a micro meet. Again, welcome.

Beggin' yer freakin' #*!!%! pardon, aredub, but who you callin' obnoxious? That's terms for slander, & you'll notice our new club member is also a member of THE bar. (No, not LarryIII's bah). I shall be discussing my case at our first micro-meet for character defamation against you, and future generations of aredub progeny.
Have a nice day!
Ron.

Aredubjay 11-27-2001 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ron Mummert

Beggin' yer freakin' #*!!%! pardon, aredub, but who you callin' obnoxious? That's terms for slander, & you'll notice our new club member is also a member of THE bar. (No, not LarryIII's bah). I shall be discussing my case at our first micro-meet for character defamation against you, and future generations of aredub progeny.
Have a nice day!
Ron.

Your ornery. I rest my case. :D