The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Wish me luck (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2829)

Aredubjay 02-19-2002 10:33 AM

Wish me luck

I'm driving over to the tranny shop as soon as I submit this message. Wish me luck.

Mr. Pockets 02-19-2002 11:08 AM

Why bother? You already left and won't see it until you come back, at which point you will no longer be needing said luck.

Here, since you're insistent on asking for luck at the very second that you're leaving, good luck NEXT time you visit the shop.

Aredubjay 02-19-2002 11:55 AM

Re: Wish me luck

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay
I'm driving over to the tranny shop as soon as I submit this message. Wish me luck.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

mohrds 02-19-2002 12:17 PM

So what happened at the shop?

Doug

Mr. Pockets 02-19-2002 12:37 PM

Re: Re: Wish me luck

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

That doesn't look good. What's the story, Randy?

Aredubjay 02-19-2002 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mohrds
So what happened at the shop?

Doug

TECH: "Dropping resistor and TPS checked out okay, we're back to a solenoid problem. We've ordered a new solenoid pack it should get here today. We might have it back together this afternoon. That should fix the problem.

THOUGHT, TO MYSELF: I thought you checked the solenoids when you had the Valve Body out.

TECH (CONTINUEING): "I sure wish we'd checked those when the valve body was out."

THOUGHT, TO MYSELF: I was sure you told me that you had and that they were alright. Why wouldn't you check them out while the valve body was out?

TECH (ON A ROLL): "We just figured they were okay, because we used the solenoid pack we'd ordered for your last rebuild, so we knew that they were new."

ME: "Those solenoids had to be rewired to fit the Legacy tranny, which was our first clue that something wasn't right. Were they rewired to SVX spec after you took them out?"

TECH (THINKING -- AND THE LOOK OF "I'M NOT SURE" ON HIS FACE) "Yeah. Wasn't it the other way around -- didn't we get in a Legacy Pack and re-wire for the SVX?"

ME: "No, Dave (the owner) made it a point of telling me he'd specifically ordered the SVX Pack."

TECH: "Oh yeah. That's right."

ME: "So, I don't guess there's any adjustment you'll be able to get on the solenoid pack."

TECH: "No, they're only warranted for 90 Days. Not much warranty on electrical parts."

ME (BITING MY LIP -- TRYING TO REMAIN CALM -- AS I TURNED TO LEAVE): "Thank you (without expression), Call me when it's done."

By the time I got to my rental car, I was seething. First of all, why am I getting no codes from the Power light? I know it works. It was working when I unplugged the resitor. Why, as SOP, did they not check the solenoids, which, I mentioned when I dropped it off? Will I have my car back this afternoon? I highly doubt it. Will the new solenoid pack cure the problem. I highly doubt it. Am I going to have an anurism? Highly likely.

Mr. Pockets 02-19-2002 12:58 PM

Man...I'm sorry you're having such a rough time of it...

Aredubjay 02-19-2002 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
Man...I'm sorry you're having such a rough time of it...
Not nearly a$ $orry a$ I am. But, thank you for the sentiments.

svxter 02-19-2002 01:34 PM

Oh, this is a time when you need some sympatico buds to take you out for some serious attitude adjustment. Sure wish we were handy. Guess long distance empathy is the best we can do at the moment.:(

Seraph 02-19-2002 01:38 PM

Randy, want me to go check out the white 94 LSi in Aurora? Just in case. Sorry to hear about your problems. And sometimes, it happens to the best of us.

Lwin

Aredubjay 02-19-2002 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by svxter
Oh, this is a time when you need some sympatico buds to take you out for some serious attitude adjustment. Sure wish we were handy. Guess long distance empathy is the best we can do at the moment.:(
That's all you guys need is to have to physically listen to me crying in my beer (or, in my case, Kentucky Bourbon). I mean, I do enough pissin' and moanin' via the written word.

It would be nice, though. Thanks for the thought.

Aredubjay 02-19-2002 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraphim
Randy, want me to go check out the white 94 LSi in Aurora? Just in case. Sorry to hear about your problems. And sometimes, it happens to the best of us.

Lwin

Lwin, thanks for the offer. If you've got the time, it may be fun (for you) to check it out. Even if I turn out not to be interested, I know you're looking for another one. This might be the one. Pearlies, after all, are the most striking. :D

If you do check it out, let me know what you find, but don't go to the trouble just for my sake.

Thanks again.

mohrds 02-19-2002 01:55 PM

<<That's all you guys need is to have to physically listen to me crying in my beer (or, in my case, Kentucky Bourbon).>>

Question: Does Kentucky Bourbon taste better or worse with tears in it?

Just trying to lighten it up for y'all.

Doug

Aredubjay 02-19-2002 04:03 PM

I'm going home now. No word from the shop. I'll be driving the rented Stratus. This has been torture. Sheer torture.:(