The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hello (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=689)

black-svx 06-25-2001 04:26 PM

Hello

Hello, just wanted to get my name out here, I am new to the site. I have had my SVX for a few months now and plan on keeping it a long time, my last car exploded shortly after I parked it one day (95 Mark VIII LSC) so now I am the proud owner of the SVX, I've always liked these cars and am glad the price has come down to something reasonable for a 23 year old still in school. I got mine a new coat of black paint, replaced the stock wheels (dented) with aftermarkets of the same size, and got new exaust tips (originals were painted black). I have recently driven a new 911 and must say that I was NOT disapointed to return to my car. . I thought perhaps the SVX would feel large and ungainly after my day with the 911 but it held its own nicely, definately an UNDERATED car! So that is my story, I will try to get in on threads I can relate to, and look forward to learning all there is about these cars.

Seraph 06-25-2001 04:45 PM

Hello and nice to meet you. Nice to hear for another fellow svxer. Good luck with your car. Enjoy the SVX. And do not get into too much trouble with it.

Lwin

Aredubjay 06-25-2001 05:31 PM

Mat,
Welcome. You've just joined some of the nuttiest, yet most serious car owners in the world. It's a nice "blend." We love our cars, but, we also love to BS. However, we've tried to make places for everyone -- the BSers, the non-BSers, the "lurkers" y'know . . . We're happy to have you aboard. One note, though. You NEVER learn *everything* about these cars. That's the fun of it. Again, welcome.

KEVINL 06-25-2001 06:46 PM

Welcome to the Board :)

svxistentialist 06-25-2001 07:08 PM

Matt Black

You are very welcome Mat.

Nice to have some young blood on the forum. Some of these old geezers would wear you down with their constant search for power and puns and pink engines. Join in! Even the Moderator is non-confrontational.

Or I'll rephrase that last one......

Joe:D

Jamsvx 06-25-2001 07:21 PM

I'd like to say hi and welcome too.

You'll find people from the 4 corners of the globe here and a wealth of information that is simply unobtainable anywhere else.

Oh, and you had a Mark VIII....wow....here I have seen them for $110,000 Australian dollars!!

Regards

James

aka Jamsvx

Ron Mummert 06-25-2001 09:16 PM

Umm...Go back to that "exploded" part again. You got acquaintances in that Italian club thing? Just curious. Don't use my name. Thanks, Larryiii.

black-svx 06-26-2001 10:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Larry, I never thought about that possibility! I have made some enemies in the past. . hmmm. .

Well hopefully it was just electrical, probly my Superchip or something, who knows, it was a good car, I got a great price on it (in American Dollars) and insurance gave me more than I thought it was worth after the fact. I have some pictures I'll stick on here, it was pretty insane.

I also want to thank everyone for the warm welcome here, thanks to all. I also noticed there was another Mat here who spells his name sans the second T like myself. I think I am in good company, enjoy the pics!

black-svx 06-26-2001 10:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
!

Seraph 06-26-2001 11:06 AM

Horror!!!!
I mean the pics.

eddycat2000 06-26-2001 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by black-svx
I also want to thank everyone for the warm welcome here, thanks to all. I also noticed there was another Mat here who spells his name sans the second T like myself. I think I am in good company, enjoy the pics!
Yep, he's a nice guy too! I think his first name is door, or floor or something like that:D . You don't have to worry about making enemies here, but if'n you have a copy of R&T you might want to consider carefully what you put in a message.:D

You also might want to ask our grand high exalted poobah to explain how our All Wheel Steering works. (He has a copy of road and track and will surely share it's contents with you).

Oh, and by the way, I'm Eddycat and I have a large spoon that likes to stir things up alot! :D

wasions 06-26-2001 11:39 AM

Hokey Smokes!

Superchip, or Super Meteorite!:eek:

Steve

1994SubaruSVX 06-26-2001 12:03 PM

thank god those were not pics of a

SVX. that would have been painful. welcome to the board Mat. you should go to personal lockers and check out everyone's pics. it is a good way to get to know some of the people here.

Aredubjay 06-26-2001 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraphim
Horror!!!!
I mean the pics.

Oh, hell. That's nothin'. That's what my SVX looks like after a few bean burritos and a six pack o' beer. Once they've "worn off," the car returns to normal. :D

But seriously, glad no one was hurt. That's pretty scary.

SVXphile 06-26-2001 02:46 PM

'ploded

Wow...I guess all meltdowns are not nuclear!

Welcome aboard Mat, I also have an SVX of the ebony variety. By the way, don't let them scare you off....my humor is painful, but rarely lethal! (except to Aredub) :D
Don (one of the old geezers)