The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Front side marker/indicator light?? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54629)

Alex-svx 05-21-2010 08:28 AM

Front side marker/indicator light??

Maybe i have been ask before. But i have see some svx here have ligth in the front signalligth. And i have try to get a buldholder for a 21/5w bulds.

But is this the only way to get this to ligth and flash when you set on the signalswith:confused:

kwren 05-22-2010 08:47 PM

Re: ligth in the frontsignal ligth??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex-svx (Post 647824)
Maybe i have been ask before. But i have see some svx here have ligth in the front signalligth. And i have try to get a buldholder for a 21/5w bulds.

But is this the only way to get this to ligth and flash when you set on the signalswith:confused:

:confused: ??

Trevor 05-23-2010 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwren (Post 647933)
:confused: ??

Keith,

English is not Alex first language. I have spent a great deal of time corresponding with him and he has made concerted and very successful efforts to improve his English. His abilities exceed both yours and mine in respect of language.

Kia ora Alex,

When you indicate left or right turn, do not any front lights flash, together with those at the rear? Does your car have side flashing lights like my SVX, which came from Japan?

I have US and japanese manuals, but none show twin (2) filament bulbs (21/5W) for the signal lights, and only show separate single filament bulbs for each indicator light. There are so many different arrangements for different countries, therefore your query is easily understood. We will sort it out for you.;)

I see that after much work, expense, worry and heart ache you now have a manual transmission installed. You deserve special compliments for your perseverance. Many others would have given up on the SVX.

Special good wishes, Trevor.

Alex-svx 05-23-2010 04:15 AM

Kio ora Trevor.

And yes my English is not perfeck hehe.. :D
The svx is running again i have get it Home. :) I just have to fix the clutch to work like it should. If the car not was a svx then i have sold it. But i like the svx and thik its a cool car to take care of. ;) So then i just keep on it. (and it also verry hard to find one in Norway.)

I have find i pictures of what i mean. (i use on form Nevin hope that is ok?)
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...wah/svxy02.jpg

Here you see the front signl ligth is lightning. And i think these are cool. And i just wounder how you can make this. :) my car is take in from Germany and these dont have the mark light in the back. Just emty when you look inside it.

Alex-svx 05-23-2010 04:19 AM

I have been told some other that thay have just a other buld holder in the foront signalligth on a Nissan primera like you have in the Brake/dirve ligth.
Like a 21/5W bulds. And coneck the 5/w to the park ligth and use the 21W on the signal ligth when you are using it.

svxcess 05-23-2010 07:17 AM

This is what I think he is saying.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex-svx (Post 647824)
I have see some svx here have light in the front signal light. And I have try to get a bulb holder for a 21/5w bulbs.
But is this the only way to get this to light and flash when you use the signals?

He wants to have light in his front turn signal assembly with the headlights on, and have them flash when signalling, the way we do in the U.S.

His front turn signal assembies are used for just that. The single filament bulbs only come on when he is using the turn signals. He has no "running lights" or parking lights in this assembly. This is common in many European countries. ,, See THIS POST

During normal driving with his headlights on, his corner lights are not illuminated. When the turn signals are used, the bulb goes on and off only. BRIGHT-OFF-BRIGHT-OFF

Alex would like the same system that we have in the U.S., using the two-filament bulbs. He wants to have the front corner lights illuminated when the headlights are on and flash brighter when the turn signals are used. BRIGHT-DIM-BRIGHT-DIM

His car should have some sort of parking light system (in the UK it is a small 5W bulb inside the headlights) I would think he could use our two-filament socket assembly and bulbs and plug it into his harness.

His current connector may have only two wires (one wire from the turn signal circuit and the second one to ground).

Ours have 3 wires (one wire to 12V from the ignition, one wire to the turn signal circuit and one wire to ground. Maybe he could just connect the wire 12V wire to any convenient ignition-controlled source, or tap into the headlight circuit.

Alex-svx 05-25-2010 12:17 PM

Yes svxcess. you know what i mean.
So it a diffret wiring on the US models? So then i maybe have to get a diffret buld holder to get this work then?

SURTEESS 05-25-2010 12:49 PM

Yes you are right -

the USA have a double fillament bulb (and a connector with 3 contacts) - the ones here in New Zealand only have a connector with only 2 contacts.

I have just fitted USA type on my SVX - but have swapped over the plastic connector back to NZ type (this also ment buying an orange single fillament bulb).

Will post photos later in the week for all to see.

SURTEESS 05-25-2010 07:30 PM

Also noticed the rear marker light - we don't get here in NZ, it is just a reflector (but once again I will have a set of these on my car) - once the piece of wiring with connector arrives from USA.

SoCal LS-L 05-25-2010 07:43 PM

Alex your car looks awesome.

Me thinks ill go with black rims on mine too eventually.

SURTEESS 05-25-2010 11:51 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Picture 1 - Original USA type with dual fillament orange bulb & 3 wire connector

Picture 2 - shows the reverse of plastic bulb holder + 3 wire connector

Picture 3 - Original NZ type with single fillament clear bulb & 2 wire connector

Picture 4 - shows the reverse of plastic bulb holder + 2 wire connector

Picture 5 - show NZ on Left & USA on Right (other ends are the same)

SURTEESS 05-25-2010 11:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Picture 6 - shows the USA lens, which has NO interior orange plastic filter - therefore a single filament orange bulb was bought to fit NZ plastic bulb holder.

Picture 7 - shows both variations of the lens arrangements.

Hope this clears up any misunderstanding about variations.

In a couple of weeks time I will be fitting the rear side markers (with lamps - USA type), and replacing my NZ side reflectors, will post more photos to show others.

Maybe both should go into the RARE & UNUSUAL SECTION ?.

SURTEESS 05-26-2010 12:05 AM

Can someone CORRECT the spelling in the title

- otherwise the search facility will not work for anyone in the future....

thanks....

SURTEESS 05-26-2010 03:21 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone CORRECT the spelling in the title

thanks....

SURTEESS 05-26-2010 03:22 PM

Re: Front side marker/indicator light??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CORRECTED the spelling in the title

thanks....

BUT STILL NEED THE ORIGINAL THREAD TO BE CHANGED FOR OTHER PEOPLE.......