The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Good Sam get's 'taken' again! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=36888)

subi-crosser 01-09-2007 11:40 PM

Good Sam get's 'taken' again!

About 11 years ago, a woman and her grandchildren were passing through the area and the rusted to death Buick she was driving died... I found them sitting in a parking lot of a gas station that was about to close.
I hauled the trio to my humble abode and had the Buick hauled to the planet MRAF, so we could try to save it.

It turned out to be a terminal affliction.

I had an old Ford station wagon that I had been dumping money into, trying to make a car, so I 'fronted' it to her, on the promise that she would send me $100. per month. She DID, so I figured that ALL people were honest and tried it AGAIN!
A girl was running on hard times and HER Buick died. I Knew her husband for 30 years, her dad for 20 years, so I 'Fronted' her a Dodge van.. Guess what?? She STIFFED me for $700.!!!
That was 2 years ago, and I swore that I would NEVER do that again.

WELLL.... A neighbor needed a car for his daughter and I had about 50, so I asked him what he was looking for....
He said that he had about $1,000. saved and the thousand dollar cars he saw were sad.

I, FORGETTING the lesson I had learned 2 years ago, offered a 95 Subaru Legacy AWD, Maryland inspected, for $1,600. he produced a 'good' check for $500. down, a $450 check for the paperwork and inspection papers, looked me in the eye, shook my hand and promised the balance in 'monthly payments.
He told me, ( when I asked him how the car was doing), that it had a problem with the gas filler tube and he had to have it replaced. I told him that I would give him $100. off the balance owed for the inconvienience....

That is the only 'payment' that I have recieved in over 4 months!!

If anyone else want's anything I have on CREDIT, Go to Hellin Wait, She's my NEW credit manager!

I will cut it up, crush it, part it out, whatever!!! there are only 5 people in the WORLD that will EVER get anything from me on a 'promise', because they are the only 5 people that are GOOD on their word!

Horror stories, anyone?? Tell us about the people YOU trusted that 'stiffed' you.

Landshark 01-09-2007 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subi-crosser

Horror stories, anyone?? Tell us about the people YOU trusted that 'stiffed' you.

i won't go into that here.

however, i would like to buy a car from you, Jerry. i will gladly pay you Tuesday. ;)

ensteele 01-09-2007 11:51 PM

I have had the same experience from time to time. It is hard to be trusting when you get stiffed by several people - especially when they call you a friend. :( :o

Trevor 01-10-2007 12:09 AM

[QUOTE=

Horror stories, anyone?? Tell us about the people YOU trusted that 'stiffed' you.[/QUOTE

A month or so ago I was sitting at some traffic lights, in a very special Subaru which I have passed on to my son. I have been storing it and drive it regularly, so that it remains in good nick. It is a 1971 1300 c.c. sports sedan that I purchased new to race in a production series which I won.

You can imagine my feeling when there was a woomph and the car rocked forward in a shunt from the rear. I got out mad, but found a very distressed young woman in tears in the car behind. My soft side took over. She had third party insurance but the excess was $500, so had to pay the first $500 in any claim.

After checking the damage, bent bumper and stove in rear panel, I told her that if I stripped things down I could probably get things fixed for less than $500. She gave me her name and address and I told her I would get back to her. Naturally I also took her car registration number.

When I got home I found, damn it, that the left tail light was also broken so I phoned and told her of this bad news. ( I did not think this story would involve so much finger larbor :( still interested ? :confused: ) To try to cut a long story short ----.

After doing the best I could the total bill exceeded $500 and again I phoned with the bad news. She thanked me for my efforts and said she would call in in a couple of days with a cheque. She was good to her word and paid in folding stuff. I was chuffed. :D

I will have to leave the nasty experiences to someone else. :p

subi-crosser 01-10-2007 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark
i won't go into that here.

however, i would like to buy a car from you, Jerry. i will gladly pay you Tuesday. ;)

Why NOT go into it here?? this IS the 'STIFFED' thread!

Sorry, I CRUSHED all the inventory.

Crazy_pilot 01-10-2007 12:27 AM

Quote:

Well I have a story, but it doesn't involve cars and I don't feel to much like going over it now.

Doncha wish that we could pile all of those people into one big box and send'em all straight to Hades....

subi-crosser 01-10-2007 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot
Well I have a story, but it doesn't involve cars and I don't feel to much like going over it now.

Doncha wish that we could pile all of those people into one big box and send'em all straight to Hades....

I have been known to build campfires that could 'consume' many things. the last time I lit one off, Harry thought the schoolbus was on fire, because the flames were 35 ft into the air. ( he couldn't see the base of the fire)

One night, I lit off 3 brush piles that were 15' across at the base and piled 20' high. It was raining and you could walk over all of my 7 acres and about 200 state owned acres without a flashlight.

Manarius 01-10-2007 10:18 PM

I can't say I've been taken for as much as you have, but I do my fair share of favors and give people a lot of stuff for which I get no appreciation.

GOT2HAVESVX 01-14-2007 06:39 PM

Quote:

About 11 years ago, a woman and her grandchildren were passing through the area and the rusted to death Buick she was driving died... I found them sitting in a parking lot of a gas station that was about to close.
I hauled the trio to my humble abode and had the Buick hauled to the planet MRAF, so we could try to save it.

It turned out to be a terminal affliction.

I had an old Ford station wagon that I had been dumping money into, trying to make a car, so I 'fronted' it to her, on the promise that she would send me $100. per month. She DID, so I figured that ALL people were honest and tried it AGAIN!
A girl was running on hard times and HER Buick died. I Knew her husband for 30 years, her dad for 20 years, so I 'Fronted' her a Dodge van.. Guess what?? She STIFFED me for $700.!!!
That was 2 years ago, and I swore that I would NEVER do that again.

WELLL.... A neighbor needed a car for his daughter and I had about 50, so I asked him what he was looking for....
He said that he had about $1,000. saved and the thousand dollar cars he saw were sad.

I, FORGETTING the lesson I had learned 2 years ago, offered a 95 Subaru Legacy AWD, Maryland inspected, for $1,600. he produced a 'good' check for $500. down, a $450 check for the paperwork and inspection papers, looked me in the eye, shook my hand and promised the balance in 'monthly payments.
He told me, ( when I asked him how the car was doing), that it had a problem with the gas filler tube and he had to have it replaced. I told him that I would give him $100. off the balance owed for the inconvienience....

That is the only 'payment' that I have recieved in over 4 months!!

If anyone else want's anything I have on CREDIT, Go to Hellin Wait, She's my NEW credit manager!

I will cut it up, crush it, part it out, whatever!!! there are only 5 people in the WORLD that will EVER get anything from me on a 'promise', because they are the only 5 people that are GOOD on their word!

This MAY sound stuppid BUT call Judge Judy! Or any of the other court TV shows. You get a free trip to wherever, then they pay whatever the verdict was! Boy I could go on and on about tis crap happening to me....

NikFu S. 01-14-2007 08:15 PM

Roommate stiffed me $900 over the cource of a few months before I ejected him.

I once loaned a coworker $200 for something to do with his car, never got it back.

Electrophil 01-14-2007 09:31 PM

Never got stiffed, cause I never sold anyone a car like that.:)

Getting ripped off hurts though. :(