The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   We need "[img]" code turned on in Sig's :) (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20265)

GreenMarine 07-28-2004 07:41 AM

We need "[img]" code turned on in Sig's :)

Hey Admin's(or Mods), What is needed to get the [IMG] ability activated in our signatures???

Chiketkd 07-28-2004 08:11 AM

That would be pretty cool to have. However, it's always annoying when people use gi-normous pics... ;)

-Chike

ensteele 07-28-2004 10:54 AM

If it was turned on, it may have to be kept to a certain size, and that would mean another Rule !!!!:rolleyes:

NikFu S. 07-28-2004 11:04 AM

Instead of making a rule, just use the software to limit the size people can use, like for the avatars.

Guard-TL- 07-28-2004 11:13 AM

please http://www.thescene.com.au/forum/html/emoticons/wub.gif

GreenMarine 07-28-2004 11:26 AM

Hey that would be cool.. .I just have that little thing in my sig that I want to be ab image instead of a Link... Ya know?? It isn't big at all... that would be a great idea to limit the size... Can the Dialup users turn it off if they want to in thier "User CP"??... I think it would make the board really colorful too :):)

Maybe we could have a poll about this to see howmany people would like to see this as apart of the network... :rolleyes: :)

But the Poll should be started by one of the Mods, who can intern take the results to one of the Admins and we can go from there... :)

ensteele 07-28-2004 12:25 PM

I was just being sarcastic - who'd a thunk? :D

RSVX 07-28-2004 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
Can the Dialup users turn it off if they want to in thier "User CP"??...
yes they can

they can turn avatars off too!

GreenMarine 07-28-2004 04:24 PM

Cool!!! Well I sure think that we should activate the [IMG] ability!!! :D:D:D Common, lets get some mods and Admin's thinking about this... Come up with a size limit and then set the limit at that... Then post an "All forums notice" telling the guys with dialup how to disable it if they want :):):D Would that be alright??

immortal_suby 07-28-2004 08:46 PM

We had them turned on about 4 months ago for about a week and it got ugly real fast. I don't care since I'm on cable, but I'd have been pretty upset about it if I was on dialup and it couldn' t be turned off.

If you could set it up so only images not linked to a locker here could be linked and dialup users could turn it off it would be fine - it wouldn't hurt the site bandwidth if only remote hosts were used for the sig images.

Linking large images to lockers here hurts us all. This site does not have the best bandwidth as it is.

Shadow248 07-28-2004 10:52 PM

My home forum allows pics in sigs...the limit is 400x150 I think. You can turn it off if you want, but I don't find it all that annoying. It really doesn't take that much longer to load the pages, and i'm on a 56k line that thinks it's a 33.6k line. I can see how linking to lockers would be a huge problem though. Well perhaps just make it known that you can't do that. Only problem is, most of the pics all the members would want in their sigs are probably in their lockers. HAHA.

Alycone 07-28-2004 11:04 PM

I like avatars but I don't like image sigs. Dunno why. :confused:

Seraph 07-28-2004 11:53 PM

We did it once. It got annoying very quick and who's paying for added bandwidth?

GreenMarine 07-29-2004 07:00 AM

Hmmm, :rolleyes:.... Well I wonder how we could solve the little issue.... We could warn people in advance. Is there a way to lock out images from the lockers here on this site? I know there would be only a few people that would actually use the feature, but we'd need to let them know that there would be no linking to images in thier lockers. There's ways to get around that... They could go to yahoo or something and store the photos there that they want to put in their signature... I must not have been around when the Sig images were turned on... :rolleyes:... I sure don't remember them being on...