The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   SVX Parts For Sale (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   SVX leather interior (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33630)

Jason Moore 06-11-2006 11:22 AM

SVX leather interior

I have the full leather interior from a 1992 SVX (grey) in good shape (small cracks and scuffs on side of drivers seat. if anyone is interested send me an offer. or call 828-667-9904

momzsvx 06-13-2006 09:40 PM

Your Seat!

How hard was it for you to get your drivers seat out of your car? I am interested on taking the seats from my 1992-my 1994 SVX. I am have never done anything like this before. It sounds easy, but at the labor of a blonde woman can make this thing go wrong in a blink. :p

Earthworm 06-14-2006 10:20 AM

When removing the power seats it's best to move the seat forward/backward to the limits for easiest access to the 5 bolts.

Once the bolts are out tilt the seat backward to unclip the power connectors. Just lift the seat out after that.

momzsvx 06-14-2006 12:05 PM

Hey thanks for helping an old gal out!

Okay, now may I ask how hard is it to replace the carpet as well as what is the difficult status on switching out the back seat:confused: ? Has anyone modified the interior such as implement another leather look on the doors arm rest and so forth? I am desiring a died ostrich leather look to cover up the fake suede look as I have three kids and think the leather would be more resilient to what the kids may put it through:o .

I have finally own my dream car after so long and wish to make it look new and maintain it. I just do not know what I doing with this car except admire the fact that I have one. ;)

I am so thankful for this website. I have been on yahoo and that seems to be going down hill these days.

Earthworm 06-14-2006 12:41 PM

The rear seat bottom pops right out. The seat back I'm not sure about but can't be that hard.

As for the carpet I doubt it's that hard once the seats are out. You will have to remove the center console though (howto in the SVXipedia on http://svx-iw.com)

momzsvx 06-14-2006 08:15 PM

Thanks David

You are a big help, I do not know what I would do without this site and members like you, Thanks!

msvx95 06-15-2006 04:35 AM

Where again is Bellville? Is it on near I-71? I travel up to Columbus every other week...I've taken my drivers and passenger's seat out...I could help you if you like. My power driver's seat was heavy....passenger seat not too bad, but to bend and maneuver it could be a PITA.

momzsvx 06-15-2006 01:02 PM

Matt I visited your locker - great locker

:D You drive from Cleveland to Columbus every other week? Yes, Bellville has an exit off of I-71. I live in between exit 97 and 95. The real horse power out here is the horses that the Amish use. My husband and I will be picking up an SVX in Illinois this Sat, and I get to drive it back. The driver’s seat is in much better shape in my $300.00 SVX. A few other things need to be swapped around as well. Hey thanks for the offer I will keep you in mind. You may have been the car my husband says he had seen on I-71 a few weeks ago as he works in Columbus and called me after one had past. ;-)

ensteele 06-15-2006 09:38 PM

Welcome to the site. :)

msvx95 06-16-2006 04:57 AM

:) Thanks for the compliment...Yeah I don't see too many driving around here to columbus....But that was probably me...lol
Give me a hollar if you'd like to meet up sometime...I'll def. be up there 3 weeks from now on the weekend...not sure about this weekend though.

momzsvx 06-20-2006 04:58 AM

Matt

I showed my husband your car and he said that was the one. I have returned from Illinois with my 1994 SVX. It runs so nice, but it needs major body work done on it. There is a lot of rust on the car and I need to get new tires for it soon. My husband took it to good year yesterday and had an alignment done on the car. On my drive back I had a tire that would smoke up on me. Hey if you see a pearl white one on the road saying MOMZSVX ya, know who it is. I may allow my husband drive it to work once and a while.

Meeting up will be neat, July 8th we are going to a Cleveland Indians game at 7:00pm with my friends. I go to Lodi as well for a shopping spree.

huck369 06-20-2006 05:24 AM

The carpet is a pain to replace, the center console has to come out, along with the seats, kick panels and door sills, and seat belts, probably not someting you want to do if you don't do much work on cars

msvx95 06-20-2006 09:57 AM

July 8 sounds like a plan....I should be home that weekend. I only live 10 mins from Jacobs Field. We should have a mini mini meet...lol

msvx95 06-20-2006 09:59 AM

I'm pretty good at burning the carpet with a dremel tool..lol
Let me tell you that the fibers of the carpet get everywhere and in your nose and it's terrible.....Yeah I had to fit a seat problem long time ago :D

momzsvx 06-21-2006 06:36 AM

Matt

You are funny, Well I may not worry too much about the carpet. July 8th would be cool, however I am not sure if we are driving our conversion van or if my friends are driving thier truck. Both are not so hot on gas. I am not familiar with that area even though I have been there when Jacobs Field was new as I was a teenager then. ;-). On your way to Columbus give me a heads up and you can see the car and us.:D :D :D