The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Best SVX quote I've heard in a longtime (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20495)

benebob 08-07-2004 02:51 PM

Best SVX quote I've heard in a longtime

Went to pull a windshield today for Greenmarine (he got a stellar deal for a measly $60):D :D :D and also to an auto auction at the yard which had a 92 Pearlie with 161k on the clock. It was in nice shape body wise (had bad paint on the rear lid where it is black but it was dent free). Needed a new exhaust as it seemed to leak from everywhere, interior was solid but a bit dirty. Anyway, I kind of hung around to see who else was interested and a guy with 2 kids were gooing over it. The kid goes "Dad it looks like a probe only cooler":D :D :D .

The car sold for a fairly high $2000. Considering what it needed I probably would've paid $1200 at most for it w/o being able to drive it to see if it had all the gears but then again I'm waiting for that sub $1000 SVX to fall into my lap to build myself a monster SVX racer .

I just hope that kid didn't get it with the probe comment.:D

NikFu S. 08-07-2004 02:53 PM

One time a kid shouted to his friends while I passed, "Ooh that's my car!"
That was awesome.

ensteele 08-07-2004 03:30 PM

Someone called my pearlie a probe the other day - just about -- well, I walked the other way. :)

SVX-FF 08-07-2004 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ensteele
Someone called my pearlie a probe the other day - just about -- well, I walked the other way. :)
That funny, I had a friend call it a Probe once... only once!:D
I firmly schooled him as to the beautiful nature of the Subaru SVX. A Ford Probe:mad: why are people so stupid. If you do not know, do not open mouth and insert foot.

Steve

Namaah 08-07-2004 08:30 PM

I has a female firend of mine mistake it for a 240sx...

Chiketkd 08-07-2004 09:08 PM

Re: Best SVX quote I've heard in a longtime

:D :D :D

-Chike
Quote:

Originally posted by benebob
I just hope that kid didn't get it with the probe comment.:D

DeadlyDuck 08-08-2004 02:46 AM

I'm sorry, but you need to remember back to the first time you saw one. I know the first time I saw one It definately reminded me of an eclipse with the tail lights going all the way across the rear end.

PatrickB 08-08-2004 09:51 AM

its funny though the probe/mx6 isn't to far from being a cheaper less cool version of what the svx is. a Grand touring car. also share similar tech like 24v quad cam and high reving 6 cylinders. just a thought. i would put compare them to hard the svx is much much much more car but kinda built with the same goals for a different budget. i own a mx6 v6 5sd and a svx 5spd. the mx6 handles a little better. but my suspesion is 100k old on the svx. where the mx6 has tokico 5 way adjustables and a strut bar. just rambling there. but i don't really think they look much alike.

Matthewmongan 08-08-2004 12:12 PM

im sory people but that happens to me far to oftin. and the worst part is that i hate the probe. and i see theis muscle bound idiots driveing them like its a buick grand national. dont they know that the probe is a womans car (ladies no ofence but the buttons are designed for someone with long fingernails) . its called a probe what kind of man would drive something named after an instrument used in a colonoscopy. its the most unmasculin car i can think of. i dont know i just needed to vent on the whole probe thing.

the only man who should drive a probe is a proctologist. or a gastroincronologist. any doctor that is lower digestive tract specific. you get the point.

i HATE PROBES. now im mad. im going to go smoke a cig ill be back.