The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Upcoming Meets (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Maryland SVX meet? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39142)

SVXyGirl 05-29-2007 04:20 PM

Maryland SVX meet?

I'm just throwing the idea out there. What do you guys think about a Maryland SVX meet? Maybe sometime later this summer. It would be a cookout and maybe some crabs...but not crabby people:p . Also, I wouldn't mind seeing how many people would be interested in coming.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

SVXBart 05-29-2007 09:38 PM

!!!

Ok, I'm In!!!

Hocrest 05-29-2007 09:48 PM

Maryland isn't too far...

Let us know.

Budfreak 05-29-2007 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXyGirl
I'm just throwing the idea out there. What do you guys think about a Maryland SVX meet? Maybe sometime later this summer. It would be a cookout and maybe some crabs...but not crabby people:p . Also, I wouldn't mind seeing how many people would be interested in coming.

Thanks!

You gaurantee me all the crab I can eat and I will do all in my power to be there.:D

It's Just Eric 05-29-2007 10:40 PM

I could probly make it out. It'd be a bit of a drive...but I could probly stay the night before at my mom's house...it'd be nice of me to visit her anyhow:o
Edit:woah...nevermind visiting my mom...kindof on the wrong side of the state...

subi-crosser 05-29-2007 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by It's Just Eric
I could probly make it out. It'd be a bit of a drive...but I could probly stay the night before at my mom's house...it'd be nice of me to visit her anyhow:o
Edit:woah...nevermind visiting my mom...kindof on the wrong side of the state...

Errr, Fredrick is in the middle of the state. but isn't that big of a state anyway. I hear that the drag strip in Hagerstown is still running. Last year, He told me that if we have a 'group' of about 25 cars, we could use the track after compitition ends for the day.It would cost about $30. per car. ( he would leave the timing lites on too.)

I just sent an e-mail to the track owner to try to get a price nailed down.. www.masondixondragway.com

You know, we MIGHT just be able to answer the 'on going question', "" WHO has the fastest SVX???"" maybe even "who has the fastest SUBARU???" Well, at least, "who has the fastest Subi in a STRAIGHT LINE".

I wonder if they have 'cones'(?) I might get yelled at for 'shaving' them!

My brother lives within 'ear-shot' of the track.

subi-crosser 05-30-2007 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXyGirl

Thanks!

You can handle the setting up a place for the 'cook-out'. I'll try to book the track.

I would run the 'grill' for the cookout, though! (I can provide references)

I actually have a 'holster' for the spices, apron, chef's hat and all necessary tools to apply flame to the meat. (I carry a small grill in the back of the Outback for 'emergencies').

LarryIII 05-30-2007 04:38 AM

We will probably come. I'll have to bring some burgers because ZI've delveloped a food allergy to crabs and can't eat them anymore.(darn, I used to love to go to Baltime for crabs). We'll also bring pies (cannoli don't go with crabs).

Ley us know the date, time, & channel. :)

TomsSVX 05-30-2007 09:18 AM

im in... just give me fair notice

Tom

svxfiles 05-30-2007 09:30 AM

Di and I are in.:)
In Cumberland this weekend is an Autocross.
Its Friday night, Saturday and again on Sunday.:)
Dragracing at Mason Dixon would be a hoot, But I want my SC back first:o SO THAT I CAN SMOKE YOUNG TOM!:D

svxfiles 05-30-2007 09:31 AM

Hi Young Tom.:p

TomsSVX 05-30-2007 09:48 AM

hiya buddy... if it is later in the season... I may not be racing at all... I just got off the phone w/ my machine shop so my engine will be getting some work next week

Tom

bugman1964 05-30-2007 10:53 AM

id be down if i own an svx by that point

svxfiles 05-30-2007 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bugman1964
id be down if i own an svx by that point

Owning an SVX is not a requirement!
Heck, you could probably buy one while you are there.:D :rolleyes:

bugman1964 05-30-2007 12:32 PM

i would show up im my gc rs but it would be more fun in a SVX.
I must say I for one am lookign forward to cumberland this weekend.Had new springs and tires installed since the last one.:D