The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hatchback SVXs, just for LlaJay2k (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6118)

$VX 09-25-2002 01:51 PM

Hatchback SVXs, just for LlaJay2k

I got an email the other day, and I replied to it. So far I have someone who has a 92 SVX LSi with 244 hp (stock) and it isn't the hatchback, an option that (according to him) was available in 1992.

Here goes:
"Hey I found you guys on a SVX want list. I live in Whitewater, Wis. and am looking to sell my car. It has 128,000 miles on it but if you really know SVX's you know they run forever. They interior is Spotless,
the leather is in near perfect condition, all
electronics are operable, It is not the Hatchback, its the LSI model..244 hp. The Exterior is in good condition with a few minor cosmetic blems. If your
interested let me know Im looking to sell ASAP, I need the money for school. Email me back and we can set something up. Im asking 4,700, but price can be negotiated. Let me know."

My response:
"I really do know SVXs, and as far as I knew none of them were hatchbacks and all of them had 230hp, not 244."

Lljay's reponse:
"ya the 92 LS were hatbacks my friend had one and the 92 LSI is 244 after 92 they cut back to 230. Is this something your interested in or no. If not thats cool
just let me know."

My response:
"You are wrong. ALL Subaru SVXs produced in the states have the exact same engine. Don't believe me? Go here:
http://www.cars101.com/subaru_svx.html
What you may be referring to is that 1992-93 SVXs did not have a speed limiter, so their theretic top speed is 155, while 94-97 SVXs had a speed governer.

And there was never a SVX hatchback. "

LlJay's response:
"Well dude I dont know what to tell you, My buddy used to have a SVX and the first thing he said when he saw mine was "this isnt a hatchback is it" because thats
what he had. As far as the the HP I was wrong I was meaning it didnt have a govoner, and yes it does 155+."

My response:
" Well, you're wrong. There was never an SVX hatchback produced. From the original concept drawings to the pre-production clay model, to the 1989 SVX showcar, there was NEVER an SVX hatchback."

LlJay's response:
"Ok "ROB" I didnt email you to discuss this kind of bull****. Yes there was a hatchback and my car will do 150+. I have 2 people that will attest to my claims on both subjects. If you are interested let me
know if not then I dont care to talk to you about how fast you think MY care will go or if there the 92 LS was available in a hatchback."

$VX 09-25-2002 01:53 PM

My response:
"Well you are discussing bull****. There was NEVER an SVX hatchback. If you'd like to continue your arguement I have started a topic JUST FOR YOU at the Subaru SVX world network forum:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...&threadid=6118

Please feel free to stop by and tell everyone about the SVX hatchback and your 155mph+ SVX."

Let's see if he comes.

- Ca$h

Porter 09-25-2002 02:08 PM

He may be referring to the XT....

The earlier Alcyone XT and later Alcyone SVX are technically the same model.

But he's still full of crap. :D

Seraph 09-25-2002 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by $VX
My response:
"Well you are discussing bull****. There was NEVER an SVX hatchback. If you'd like to continue your arguement I have started a topic JUST FOR YOU at the Subaru SVX world network forum:

Please feel free to stop by and tell everyone about the SVX hatchback and your 155mph+ SVX."

Let's see if he comes.

- Ca$h

Rob

He is a member here. He already posted his SVX on the forsale section a while back (even before you joined the network if I recall -- I could be wrong though). While you are correcting wrongs, the first thing I'd point out is that there are NO such SVXes are 92/93 LSi. That trim level was not invented till 1994. All 92/3 were LS or LS-L and the latter being the touring option with 6 speakers and a CD player. I know you discovered all that. You might want to point that out to your buddie. :D

I do have a question though. If you know that the guy is wrong, why do you start a (PC term) discussion with him and bring him here to discuss it further? I know you love to discuss a lot. We all seen it at one point or another. My suggestion is that if the person is going to be ignorant, just let him be. It's his lost.

Porter is correct in saying some of what he said. Both XT (XT-6) and the SVX were labeled under Alcyone. They were initially introduced and sold (in JDM) as Alcyone XT and Alcyone SVX. So the guy might be confused about that.

:D

Lwin

$VX 09-25-2002 02:28 PM

Yeah, I already knew that, since mines an LSL. :)

And why did I bring him here? Because I cannot LET people be ignorant if I have the chance to show them the truth. Human compassion? I don't know. But it just BUGS me to see people that THINK they know what they're talking about. I know for a fact that no matter what this guy would not believe me no matter HOW I worded it, so I brought it here so that every member could tell him so. Kinda like people with TYPE R Integras. Yeah well, if it has 4 lugnuts, its a FAKE, and I hate when people are uninformed and misled, like this LLJAY guy is doing.

- Ca$h

Seraph 09-25-2002 02:32 PM

<<And why did I bring him here? Because I cannot LET people be ignorant if I have the chance to show them the truth.>>
Check out the E-Bay ads for the SVXes and dealerships that sells SVXes. You'd be surprised what they BS.

<<But it just BUGS me to see people that THINK they know what they're talking about. >>
:D No comment

<<Kinda like people with TYPE R Integras. Yeah well, if it has 4 lugnuts, its a FAKE>>
You do know that there are a couple of type-R cars running in the US. Just like the Blitzen. I have actually seen one in the US. Owned by one of the guys at the Japanese consulate here in Chicago. Sweet ride.

Lwin

$VX 09-25-2002 02:36 PM

Yeah, but not very many. Easiest way to tell is the lugnuts. If it has 5, its a real type R. That and look for the red stitching in the leather.

- Ca$h

sfsvx 09-25-2002 02:54 PM

It's one thing to be right, it's another to be righteous. :)

$VX 09-25-2002 03:05 PM

heh. You just reminded me of Bill & Ted. :D

- Ca$h

immortal_suby 09-25-2002 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by $VX
My response:

Let's see if he comes.

- Ca$h

----<<<<KERRRRRRR---PLONK>>>----
Swooosh
AGAIN (3rd strike I might add)
bye-bye

Ahh - no more silly stirring of the hornets nest. I can already feel the calm coming over me.

My boss has several quotes written on his wall, one of which is: "Never argue with an idiot - they will only waste your time and bring you down to their level, and they will always win."

Beav 09-25-2002 05:08 PM

Ditto

svxeno 09-25-2002 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Beav
Ditto
uh huh...Yup...;)

Randy ii

ensteele 09-25-2002 10:52 PM

Yep - it bugs me too when someone thinks that they know it all and you can't tell them anything. ;) What can ya do? :)

LarryIII 09-26-2002 04:45 AM

Erle, er Erl, er Ewl, oh Earl,

I didn't think I bugged you that much. You see, I know it all, especially spilling, er speeling, oh spelling.

Also I'm from 'Da City', so you can't teach me a thing. :D :D :D

Larry iii, er Larry 3, oh Larry III
Must be my multiple personality disorder.

:D :cool: :p

huck369 09-26-2002 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Porter
He may be referring to the XT....

The earlier Alcyone XT and later Alcyone SVX are technically the same model.

But he's still full of crap. :D

None of the XT's were ever a hatchback either.