The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stereo Connector (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48463)

doug maire 01-02-2009 02:13 PM

Stereo Connector

Does anyone have the connector for the stock radio on a 1996 SVX LSI.
It includes the CD Player that is mounted below it.
My son had replaced the original radio with an after market but I would like to replace it with the original radio. Problem is he cut the wires off right at the back of the connector so theres no way to splice them back together.

ensteele 01-02-2009 03:06 PM

Re: Stereo Connector

Yes, there is someone here who sells them. It is a great product. The members name is SVXdc. Do a search and you will find the thread where he explains how to order and the products that he sells. :) Good luck.

bheinen74 01-02-2009 03:27 PM

or just find a kid on here who wants to put in a aftermarket, and tell him to cut off the original connectors with 4 inches wire and send it to you.

SVXdc 01-02-2009 04:28 PM

Except the "kid" will have to reach inside the dash opening to solder or crimp to the remaining portion of the car's wires.

It's better not to cut off the factory harness. Using one of my harnesses makes the job much easer — you can do all the soldering or crimping on your workbench, and you'll be able to easily switch back to stock or another aftermarket radio in the future.

IceBlade 01-02-2009 05:18 PM

When I did mine I left the connector on. I just stripped the wires behind the connector - took off about 1/16 inch - connected the aftermarket stereo and wrapped it up nicely. If I ever wanted to go back to stock all I'd have to do is take off the electrical tape, remove the aftermarket head unit, and plug the stock one back in.

doug maire 01-02-2009 06:38 PM

Thanks to all for your response. I will opt for the new replacement harness from svxdc.

ensteele 01-03-2009 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceBlade (Post 580275)
When I did mine I left the connector on. I just stripped the wires behind the connector - took off about 1/16 inch - connected the aftermarket stereo and wrapped it up nicely. If I ever wanted to go back to stock all I'd have to do is take off the electrical tape, remove the aftermarket head unit, and plug the stock one back in.

When I did mine, I plugged in the new harness and put the stereo into the slot. If I ever want to sell the car, I will unplug it and plug in the OEM unit and it will be like nothing happend at all. :D :D :D

I would go with a unit from SVXdc. :)

JaySVX 01-04-2009 12:36 AM

I installed an aftermarket system in my car. While the harness would be ideal, I cut mine and still had next to zero room to pack the piles of wires in behind the new radio. It's not always an option.