The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   OT- Close Shave (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11626)

LarryIII 06-27-2003 04:48 AM

OT- Close Shave

Before I start the main post I want to ask a question. If someone puts a post in this forum and labels it 'OT'; should it be about the SVX?

Last night I went and did it. I got all the hair shaved off my head.
Now I look like 'Kojak'. More accurately, I look like the guy in the old 50's sci-fi movie. "The Amazing Colosal Man."

I was wondering if I should change my screen name to Mr. Clean.

You guys can discuss Neons until dooms day but my head has a certain glow to it not that it's 'au naturel'.
Now I look like this: :rolleyes:

:D :D :D :D

Larry III (Formerly Larry iii, maybe Mr. Clean in the future)

CigarJohnny 06-27-2003 07:10 AM

Quote:

Now I look like this :rolleyes:
LOL!

Good for you, Larry! Admitting you are folically challenged by going all the way is so much better than a comb over or one of those stupid looking bald-guy ponytails. :) Now that I am getting more and more blessed with forehead realestate I have taken to keeping my head roughly 1/8 inch long. I am this close <holds up his hand with his thumb and fore finger 1/8 inch apart> from shaving it all together. Perhaps the next time we get together I will join you in your shining glory. :D

Green1995SVX 06-27-2003 07:32 AM

This brings me to something i've been meaning to ask. How young is too young to get gray hair? I'm 21 and am getting a considerable amount of gray hair scattered throughout the rest. Is this a sign of what's to come?? :(

Mike

ensteele 06-27-2003 07:59 AM

Mike

If you have gray now, you must not be too young, otherwise you would not have any. :rolleyes: It may be what's to come, but I have seen people who have gray scattered through out their hair their whole life. :)

Green1995SVX 06-27-2003 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ensteele
Mike

If you have gray now, you must not be too young, otherwise you would not have any.

Funny guy... funny guy... ;)

Mike

BluebyU 06-27-2003 08:44 AM

Don't feel bad green.....i've got grays popping in too and I'll be 28 in August......

Alcyone SVX LSL 06-27-2003 01:05 PM

It is ok Mike i get a couple hear and there currently lol....i am looking forward to the day it all falls out though LOL

Uncamitzi 06-27-2003 02:27 PM

Gee I'm sorry..

I personally think that I have earned my gray hair... I started in college (freshman year in the dorm) going gray.. and now can say that it's mostly that (lack of) color... I think I've gotten a gray hair for every thing I've ever learned after High school. I only got a few more and I can consider myself " learned.":rolleyes:

ensteele 06-27-2003 04:15 PM

Gray is not a problem that I have. I have finally decided to put PINK as hair color on my drivers license. :D Oh, and my eye color? Yep, bloodshot! :rolleyes:

NomadTW 06-27-2003 06:01 PM

i have quite the receding hairline

i'm only 21

i probably won't be grey till i'm like 40+

but i won't have much hair left then to be gray

Landshark 06-27-2003 06:10 PM

welcome to the "No Hair Club", Larry!

i used to have hair almost down to my waist. now i'm at the opposite extreme - all shaved up. it sucks in the winter, but its nice and cool in the summer. :)

ensteele 06-27-2003 06:42 PM

One advantage with that kind of hair style is you can tell when it starts raining sooner than most other people. I mutter under my breath - "It's gonna rain" and sure enough, it is raining very soon. People ask - how can you tell. I don't tell them the real reason.

(it helps to run with a crowd of people who are a little slow) :D

lhopp77 06-27-2003 08:46 PM

Biggest Disadvantage

To me the biggest disadvantage of not have much hair is when working under a car. HURTS LIKE HELL WHEN YOU BUMP YOUR HEAD!!! :rolleyes:

Lee

SVXx4

wasions 06-28-2003 07:41 PM

Uh. Larry. Little known secret. Curly was the bald guy. Larry's head looked sorta like steel wool.

So can I call you Curly? :D

I'm not bald, probably won't be, but I got my first grey hair the day I got married (at 23). I am now, officially, totally, grey - sorta like steel wool. Call me Larry. :D

Earthworm 08-09-2003 05:28 PM

It's not gray...it's Liquid Silver!