The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SVX mini-me (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5719)

Landshark 09-02-2002 12:48 PM

SVX mini-me

1 Attachment(s)
check this out - released in Japan only as the Toyota Sera in 1990, beating the SVX by two years. does the black top and window-in-window look familiar? also has gullwing doors, which would have been pretty cool on the SVX!

Andy 09-02-2002 01:17 PM

There is one for sale down the road from me, definitely a novelty car with a good curiosity value, but the overall effect does not really work. I think it is a rebodied Starlet, does anyone know for sure?

Andy

Andy 09-02-2002 01:18 PM

Wow, just hit 3 figures

Andy

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Landshark 09-02-2002 01:37 PM

yup, its Starlet-based, 110hp.

Aredubjay 09-02-2002 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Andy
Wow, just hit 3 figures

Andy

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Brill, Andy! Good to see you guys 'cross the pond, bumping up your post counts. :D

Jamsvx 09-02-2002 05:36 PM

We have them as grey-imports. The novelty soon wore off though since for the money, you could pick up a Nissan R32 GTS turbo - and the sunload in Australia in a Sera = greenhouse!!

I think they are built on the Paseo platform.

Closest I will get to a McLaren F1!!!

Jamsvx

Green1995SVX 09-02-2002 06:04 PM

It sure looks like its paseo platform.

-Mike

SVXphile 03-08-2003 08:15 PM

Wierd

I posted on this thread by mistake, and now I can't delete it.

I can edit it, but not remove it.

Oh, well....

Don

Landshark 03-08-2003 08:34 PM

Re: Wierd

Quote:

Originally posted by SVXphile

Oh, well....

Don

its only a 6 month gap in the posts :D

SVXphile 03-08-2003 08:51 PM

"Sanity will be right back, after this word from our sponsers!"

I guess "time" matters!

I forgot that I had clicked on that older thread when I posted....

duh.

:D :D :D Don

Aredubjay 03-10-2003 11:24 AM

Re: Wierd

Quote:

Originally posted by SVXphile

Oh, well....

Don

There should be a "Delete" box at the top of the page, just under the header, when you hit the edit button. Click Edit, check the box by "Delete" at the dop of the page, then, click the "Delete Now" to the far right.

Chicane 03-10-2003 11:50 AM

I don't know what a starlet is... but ... anyone like Mitsubishi Starions? They run around the states a bit only they're called "TSI Conquests, imported by dodge", but it's basically a mitsu starion with fender flares.

Neat cars. Cheap, turbo, 5 spd, rwd. :)

Aredubjay 03-10-2003 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chicane
I don't know what a starlet is... but ... anyone like Mitsubishi Starions? They run around the states a bit only they're called "TSI Conquests, imported by dodge", but it's basically a mitsu starion with fender flares.

Neat cars. Cheap, turbo, 5 spd, rwd. :)

I was watching a program on PBS about the "Japanese Invasion" in the late 70's and early 80's. According to the report, the Starion was *supposed to be* badged as the "Stallion," but, due to translation difficulties, became the Starion, instead. Honest. I'm not making this up. :D:D

Andy 03-10-2003 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

I was watching a program on PBS about the "Japanese Invasion" in the late 70's and early 80's. According to the report, the Starion was *supposed to be* badged as the "Stallion," but, due to translation difficulties, became the Starion, instead. Honest. I'm not making this up. :D:D

A much quoted fable there Randy, but far more interesting than the truth. The name was taken from STAr oRION. Seems like celestial names are common with the Japanese.

:p

:D :D

WestCoastSVX 03-10-2003 02:02 PM

Kinda like that old story that the Chevy Nova never sold well south of the border (because en espanol, "no va" means "no go". :D This story is apparently false too.