The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Road trip!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2657)

wasions 02-01-2002 01:29 PM

Road trip!!

SVX and I (oh yeah, wife is coming too;) ) will be heading west from SoIL (Southern Illinois) on the 9th. We'll go through St. Louis, K.C., and probably stop for the night somewhere mid-Kansas, or so. Then on to Steamboat Springs for three or four days (Sorry to those who thought it was Breck - what in the world was I thinking?). Then we'll go to Montpelier, Idaho and be in Salt Lake City on the 15th. Back to Idaho, and then back home.

I'd like to mini-meet any westerlies out there during the trip. (Let's do lunch.) PM me if you're somewhere on our way and would like to meet up. :cool:

It's been one heck of a year. I'm really looking forward to this break. :)

rufus 02-01-2002 01:59 PM

That sounds like more fun than the road trip I just got back from. Baltimore MD to upstate New York, over to northern New Hampshire and back...in a Jeep Wrangler with big mud tires, three people, and climbing gear. All to go ice climbing in 60 degree weather. It was a lot like climbing on giant unflavored slurpies. I hope you get to enjoy a little more seasonable weather (and certainly a more comfortable ride) :)

1994SubaruSVX 02-01-2002 02:03 PM

i am going on a road trip to IN......

in July!! :D :D :D :rolleyes: ok, ok.....so i am trying to be funny?!

eclique 02-01-2002 08:03 PM

Hey steve you and the oh yeah, wife hit Castle Rock comming thru Colorado give a shout and maybe do coffee or lunch or something. You won't make it to the ribs and wings meet/shoot in late Feb. so at least get a little colorado SVX horsepitality. My cell is 7202037745 you will hit here sat or sunday depending on if you get into 4th gear. That was a shock for me I hadn't stood on the gas since I bought the 93 untill a week ago and let it shift all 4 gears 4th at 100mph. wow.
Mike

wasions 02-03-2002 02:42 PM

I think I woulda been up for that trip.

Quote:

Originally posted by rufus
That sounds like more fun than the road trip I just got back from. Baltimore MD to upstate New York, over to northern New Hampshire and back...in a Jeep Wrangler with big mud tires, three people, and climbing gear. All to go ice climbing in 60 degree weather. It was a lot like climbing on giant unflavored slurpies. I hope you get to enjoy a little more seasonable weather (and certainly a more comfortable ride) :)
Ice climbing on a 60 degree day. Every overhang means a real c-c-cold rain. Even so, sounds like fun. I've done some climbing (mostly indoors) but not ice. There are a couple of silos near here (over in Bloomington, IL) that usually ice up for the winter for climbing, but this year the weather hasn't exactly been fit for that.

wasions 02-03-2002 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by eclique
Hey steve you and the oh yeah, wife hit Castle Rock comming thru Colorado give a shout and maybe do coffee or lunch or something. You won't make it to the ribs and wings meet/shoot in late Feb. so at least get a little colorado SVX horsepitality. My cell is 7202037745 you will hit here sat or sunday depending on if you get into 4th gear. That was a shock for me I hadn't stood on the gas since I bought the 93 untill a week ago and let it shift all 4 gears 4th at 100mph. wow.
Mike

You're what, about 20 miles south of Denver? We'll be hitting Denver sometime Sunday. Time is dependant on how late we can keep going Saturday. Sharon is anxious to check-in as early as possible at Steamboat, but if you know af a particularly good steakhouse nearby, maybe I could talk her into stopping for lunch/dinner (?).

Hmmm. I had a '90 Stanza that didn't shift into fourth (with the pedal nailed to the floor) until it hit 105. (I know, because that's what I had to tell the cop. :rolleyes: )

It's been awhile, but I think the SVX shifts at about 115-120 unless you pick up the throttle a little.

eclique 02-03-2002 07:45 PM

May be your right about the speed at 4th but I didn't spend a lot of time looking at the odomiter cause it was a hair pin turn. LOL. actually it might have been around 110 or so parralaxview issue, time warp or something like that, earth time is a little faster than svx time the closer to light speed you go.

all kidding, poor grammar, and spelling aside, give a shout when your an hour or so out of castle rock. There actually happens to be a pretty darn good steak house first off ramp as you come into Castle Rock so no real time delay other than ordering and eating.
Well no matter how it turns out have a safe trip and we will pray for snow ===but just enough and just before you get here. I work outside alot .
mike

wasions 02-03-2002 11:17 PM

Oh, I get it!

I was wondering how I would be going through Castle Rock into Denver. When I said 'Southern' Illinois, you must have thought I'd be coming up 25N. Uhh, sorry. We'll be on 70W. It'll take some talking to get her to deviate that far, but I'll see what I can do. She doesn't much understand SVX meets - right RDub? :rolleyes:

eclique 02-04-2002 03:48 AM

I-70 is far to much out of your way it would add at least an hour. I might be able to figure out where a steak house is up off of 70. I know by the time you 2 hit my neck of of the woods you will be a little tired -but that is a good reason to stop for food and coffee. Guess we can wait and see. This all might be a mute point depending on your travel time and arrival time.Good timing would be early sunday you still have a little over 4 hours travel time to go to hit steamboat from denver.
lets see what happens might be able to hollar at a couple of the other local boys I haven't met yet to join us. Sort of a pre=meet meet. We all were going to try to do food and a photo shoot towards the end of Feb. Hope to hear your thoughts between now and then.
Mike

Aredubjay 02-04-2002 08:12 AM

Re: Oh, I get it!

Quote:

Originally posted by wasions
It'll take some talking to get her to deviate that far, but I'll see what I can do. She doesn't much understand SVX meets - right RDub? :rolleyes:
They seldom do, Steve. They seldom do. :rolleyes:

1994SubaruSVX 02-04-2002 11:49 AM

my wife took it like a champ......

i guess everyone can not be as lucky as me. :cool:

Aredubjay 02-04-2002 11:54 AM

Re: my wife took it like a champ......

Quote:

Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
i guess everyone can not be as lucky as me. :cool:
I'm not saying that my wife isn't "tolerant" of SVX meets. I just don't think she "gets" them.

Her question about the first meet we ever attended (Reading I) : "You mean to tell me that we're going to drive for 14 to 16 hours, so we can meet a bunch of people who have the same kind of cars as you have, and drive around for a few hours, have dinner, then, go to bed and get up and drive home for 14 to 16 hours?" To which I answered (excitedly), "Yeah! Ain't it neat!" The look on her face had "OB" written all over it. :D She has asked me to buy her a plane ticket to Reading III -- she said she'd just meet me there. :D

Ron Mummert 02-04-2002 12:11 PM

Re: Re: my wife took it like a champ......

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

:D She has asked me to buy her a plane ticket to Reading III -- she said she'd just meet me there. :D

...and after the great "Where'n hay-ell's the oil drain plug?" incident, en route to Snowshoe II, I can't say I blame her.
Ron.

Aredubjay 02-04-2002 01:46 PM

Re: Re: Re: my wife took it like a champ......

Quote:

Originally posted by Ron Mummert

...and after the great "Where'n hay-ell's the oil drain plug?" incident, en route to Snowshoe II, I can't say I blame her.
Ron.

Hmmmm. >looking . . . looking . . . looking< DANGIT! Where's the little smiley face with the "California Freeway Salute?" :mad:

svxter 02-04-2002 03:13 PM

Re: Re: Oh, I get it!

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

They seldom do, Steve. They seldom do. :rolleyes:

You, sir, are a Romantic. She, on the other hand, is a Pragmatist.;)