The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   ebay auction (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20922)

n00b on demand 08-25-2004 11:12 PM

ebay auction

i hate it when people cant get their info right. Maybe they should come here to sell their cars first....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=31871

n00b on demand 08-25-2004 11:16 PM

i thought the 92's had no governors :confused:

NeedForSpeed 08-25-2004 11:22 PM

mangaflow exhaust?

Quote:

Originally posted by soobiesvx93
i hate it when people cant get their info right. Maybe they should come here to sell their cars first....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=31871

n00b on demand 08-25-2004 11:29 PM

im sorry i didnt switch two letters around.....:D :rolleyes:

SubaSteevo 08-25-2004 11:35 PM

But what I want to know....

if I buy it, do I get the bear? :D

n00b on demand 08-25-2004 11:41 PM

:D :D :D

Alycone 08-26-2004 01:11 AM

Quote:

im sorry i didnt switch two letters around.....

I did! ;)

UberRoo 08-26-2004 01:59 AM

What a jackass. All his feedback is positive too. I've lost all faith in Ebay's feedback rating system.

"Car is fully loaded with all available options."
Really? Where's the spoiler? Sunroof? (I don't think it has one.) It even has the incredibly rare heated seats?

"Your bid is a contract."
In that case, I think I'd like to bid on a car with all the available options, as specified by the contract. I want the suede interior and factory remote start too. (Apparently they were factory options.)

Naim 08-26-2004 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by UberRoo
What a jackass. All his feedback is positive too. I've lost all faith in Ebay's feedback rating system.

"Car is fully loaded with all available options."
Really? Where's the spoiler? Sunroof? (I don't think it has one.) It even has the incredibly rare heated seats?

"Your bid is a contract."
In that case, I think I'd like to bid on a car with all the available options, as specified by the contract. I want the suede interior and factory remote start too. (Apparently they were factory options.)

The guy never said that the remote start was a factory option... It might not have been clear...
You guys are really harsh... IF I ever sell my car, I'll clear the description with you guys first so I don't get slammed.

dcarrb 08-26-2004 05:50 AM

It doesn't surprise me that a dealer:

a) wouldn't know every pertinent fact about every car he or she peddles, and

b) might cover for this ignorance by embellishing just a bit.

Regarding the feedback ratings, were you to buy this car and find it to be in good shape and essentially as advertised, would you nonetheless give the seller negative feedback because he or she didn't have their facts straight?

dcb

n00b on demand 08-26-2004 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Naim

The guy never said that the remote start was a factory option... It might not have been clear...
You guys are really harsh... IF I ever sell my car, I'll clear the description with you guys first so I don't get slammed.

Well I wouldnt say its being too harsh. When talking about a car as rare as the SVX its important that you get everything right. Actually when selling any car its important you get it all right. Plus i would think that any guy who has an SVX would know the specs on it. I did when i bought my car and i just researched the bare minimum. I found out about our network a week after then learned more. I only started posting in April tho :rolleyes: . Ive seen a few auctions on ebay for an SVX similar to this one.

Chiketkd 08-26-2004 07:45 AM

Quote:

Well I wouldnt say its being too harsh. When talking about a car as rare as the SVX its important that you get everything right. Actually when selling any car its important you get it all right. Plus i would think that any guy who has an SVX would know the specs on it.
I agree with you there Tom. If you want to do well in any business, it's important to get certain things straight.

I was impressed that he knew that only 14,XXX SVXs were imported to the US between '92-'97, but then he says the car has 220hp?!! :rolleyes:

-Chike

RSVX 08-26-2004 07:51 AM

Quote:

Sunroof? (I don't think it has one.) It even has the incredibly rare heated seats?
It DOES have a sunroof... open your eyes.

And the heated seats werent available in the US...

Quote:

I want the suede interior and factory remote start too. (Apparently they were factory options.)
Quote:

Car is fully loaded with all available options. Some cool more unique features are:
Remote start & security system
He never said the remote start was factory!!

And the suede IS a factory option... its on the dash, the armrests on the doors, etc...

At least: He knows its an LSL, not an LSi... his wheels are on correctly... and he is up front with at least some of the maintenance that it will require!

so who's the jackass now?

Looks like the only "option" its missing is the spoiler. Thats not embellishing "too" much.

dcarrb 08-26-2004 07:55 AM

Again, what's truly amazing is that the seller, obviously a used car dealer, knows as much about the SVX as he or she demonstrates. And no, there really wasn't much embellishment in that ad.

dcb

n00b on demand 08-26-2004 07:56 AM

I still dont get why the bear is in there :D :rolleyes: