The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Lets here the good! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5935)

Phast SVX 09-15-2002 09:04 AM

Lets here the good!

Wow, guys im really startin to see how much of a beast my tranny is in my New SVX. When i paid 1000 for it, it wasnt shifting at all, and if it did go into gear it would slip like crazy. Well i did nothing in it...excpet put some gas in it, well i lied, i had it hcecked out by subaru. And now, it goes into first second and then slips if you give it some gas in third.....like i can actually drive it around now ?! And the best part about it is that the tranny(which has had a cooler on it since 12,000 miles) has over 170k on it. And Climbing, although i am waiting for it to go completely i cant get over the fact that its not out yet. What a champ! anybody else have soome GOOD SVX stories to share? we need some inspiration!

Ca$h 09-15-2002 11:50 AM

Mine's fast. :D

- Ca$h

dromano 09-15-2002 11:58 AM

my 92 was built 10/91, 81+k on original tranny, added a cooler & syn ATF a year ago, tranny is strong (looks for wood to knock on) no slip, drips or flares.:)

immortal_suby 09-15-2002 02:57 PM

It's pouring rain here and has been for a couple days now. I decided to reset the ECU and then flog the crap outta the svx to teach it how to deal with the cooler temperatures we've been getting.

I lined up between a celica gt-s and a 5 series bmw at the stoplight.

Of course you know what happened.

I love it when it rains.

Does anybody know of a tripod for the rear window ledge that I can mount a video camera on? Maybe I could rig something up using the headrest mount holes. Somehow I need to capture those astonished faces for longer than a few seconds in the mirror.

LarryIII 09-15-2002 06:23 PM

I love to drive by office buildings with relective black glass and see the reflection of my SVX as I drive by.
Then there was "my favorite S-bend" every morning for a year and a half. That cost me a left rear wheel bearing. But heck it was cheaper than E-tickets for 2 at Disney World.
Finally we don't get much snow in northern Delaware. But 3 years ago, we got about 6". While driving on rte 100 in Brandywine State Park, Rosie & I came across some young people trying to push a 4WD Isuzu Trooper back onto the road from the shoulder. I rolled the window down and asked if they needed help. Andrea Bocelli was singing great Italian love songs on the CD player. You should have seen the look of incredulity on their faces.
What a great moment. Driving a beautiful Italian designed GT car with a gorgeous Italian hottie sitting next to me, listening to great music from a wonderful Italian tenor. God that was great!

wasions 09-15-2002 07:00 PM

It's been 5 1/2 years. I honestly cannot remember ever having a bad time or an evil thought while driving Kermit. (Come to think of it, I can think of a few evil thoughts ;) - like when it's going 100+ mph and still accelerating like a freight train.)

Pay no attention to the man behind the parentheses! :eek:

SVXphile 09-15-2002 08:22 PM

Know what you mean....

<I love to drive by office buildings with relective black glass and see the reflection of my SVX as I drive by>

We had that experience at a hotel in Binghamton a few years back....the paintchips didn't show in the reflection, and that made it even better! :) Don

Ron Mummert 09-15-2002 09:16 PM

My '92 has the original stereo. The radio's fine, the tape deck works (yes, I actually use it), & the CD doesn't skip. The speakers don't buzz or rattle either. The A/C & climate control work flawlessly. The check engine light has "almost never" come on. The tranny doesn't slip. I have just doomed the car.
Meanwhile, life is good.

Ron.

AutoTchr 09-15-2002 09:18 PM

1. When I let my students finally see under the hood......and their reaction was :eek:

2. After driving my friends spankin new Acura TL S and deciding (all pride aside) that I liked my SVX better. And his reaction when he drove the SVX.

I_Alcyone_I 09-15-2002 09:24 PM

yeah, I love when I show my car to people, then I say "hey check this out," and open the hood, the reactions are always great.

Shadow248 09-15-2002 10:45 PM

Mandi's SVX has been a dream. It was not the best 92 out there when we got it, it needed some work. But we got everything done, and it's been great. Her transmission feels better than my GTP's box, but im still getting better gas mileage. She's only seeing 18-22mpg which seems a bit low to me. So i am hoping that the car holds up like it has been so we can save up some money to do something about the insanely bad paint on the car.

Trevor 09-16-2002 12:30 AM

I have had my 92 ex Japan for over two years and have done nothing other than normal maintenance. Prior to becoming involved here I was of the opinion that I had purchased a very good car but serious doubts troubled me after reading many ot the threads.

After an extended period of serious examination of the data presented my confidence is restored.

LarryIII 09-16-2002 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ron Mummert
My '92 has the original stereo. The radio's fine, the tape deck works (yes, I actually use it), & the CD doesn't skip. The speakers don't buzz or rattle either. The A/C & climate control work flawlessly. The check engine light has "almost never" come on. The tranny doesn't slip. I have just doomed the car.
Meanwhile, life is good.

Ron.

Ron,

My 92 does those things too. There was an SVXer in MD. asking about tires. See if you can help him.

Landshark 09-16-2002 03:28 PM

currently all is good with mine except the clock can't keep time for some strange reason.

seasvx 09-17-2002 07:32 AM

great story!

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryIII
Driving a beautiful Italian designed GT car with a gorgeous Italian hottie sitting next to me, listening to great music from a wonderful Italian tenor. God that was great!
LIII, you paint really good word pictures! Specially for an engineer! Thx.