The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   New Computer Build ! Tech People >.> (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40786)

Wikedjuggalo 09-16-2007 07:44 PM

New Computer Build ! Tech People >.>

Well, short story, Senior project I decided to do it on computers, specifically on building them. Well below is the build I decided on,
Processor--- AMD Athlon 64 x2 5600+ Windsor 2.8ghz

Mother Board --- Foxconn C51XEM2AA- 8EKRS2H AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard

Hard Drive --- Western Digital Raptor X WD1500AHFD 150GB 10,000 RPM 16MB Cache Serial ATA150 Hard Drive

Video Card --- EVGA 512-P2-N757-TR GeForce 8600GT 512MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card

Memory --- Kingston HyperX 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

Case --- APEVIA X-Pider ATXA2XPW-AL/500 Silver Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case ATX 500W Daul12V (V2.03) Power Supply

Standard 20x DVD+R etc. and Floppy is in there

What do you all think >.>? Nice build?

Manarius 09-16-2007 07:45 PM

I don't see it...

Wikedjuggalo 09-16-2007 07:57 PM

Yeah hit enter button before I was done x.O its there now.

Manarius 09-16-2007 08:27 PM

I vote for Intel Core 2 Duo or Quad Core and either Asus or Abit motherboards. Otherwise, that's a good mid-high range build.

94SubieSVX 09-16-2007 09:37 PM

I think you'll need a better flux capacitor for your quantum components. That should make the fatherboard mate with the motherboard perfectly!:p

Wikedjuggalo 09-17-2007 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manarius (Post 493733)
I vote for Intel Core 2 Duo or Quad Core and either Asus or Abit motherboards. Otherwise, that's a good mid-high range build.

Well I after looking at them money became the issue, but I have never had a problem with AMD. I plan on putting Gigabyte's Water cooling in there soon.

mohrds 09-17-2007 07:45 AM

Not thrilled with the Turbolink brand of power supplies.

I'd buy a $18 case http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811147072 and an Antec power supply http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817103940

It may not have the bling, but it would be a stronger system.

Doug

Landshark 09-17-2007 07:48 AM

150Gb HD? 10,000 rpm is nice, but that would barely hold my media files.

seems like your average low-end Walmart computer comes with 250 these days...

GreenMarine 09-17-2007 09:56 AM

Nice build... Now you've got the hardware down... What opperating system are ya gonna use??? If it were me I'd make it into a "Hackintosh" :D:D

Forums
http://hackintosh.org/

Info
http://taozero.com/category/hackintosh/

Good luck... Once I made the switch to my Mac and got used to the operating system, everything else feels at least 5 years behind...

Crazy_pilot 09-17-2007 10:07 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Nice case. I was considering that one when I was building my computer, but ended up going with Raidmax. I'm not so happy with the quality of the Raidmax case though, the door doesn't line up perfectly with the rest of the case front when closed.

See attached pics.

Intel dual core e6400, ASUS P5W-DH Deluxe motherboard, 2G Corsair RAM, 250GB WD hard drive, Radeon 1600 512MB video card, Thermaltake liquid cooling with a customized duct for the radiator built into the front of the case.

In a little while I'll probably go to a better hard drive setup (A 500GB, with a 75gig Raptor drive), and dual ATI video cards in Crossfire. And maybe more RAM. Cause RAM is good.:D:p

Wikedjuggalo 09-17-2007 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark (Post 493793)
150Gb HD? 10,000 rpm is nice, but that would barely hold my media files.

seems like your average low-end Walmart computer comes with 250 these days...

Well I have an External Hard drive I currently use for media etc. I wanted a fast drive because those can make all the difference, I couldnt afford the 15,000 rpm :/.

Wikedjuggalo 09-17-2007 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot (Post 493811)
Nice case. I was considering that one when I was building my computer, but ended up going with Raidmax. I'm not so happy with the quality of the Raidmax case though, the door doesn't line up perfectly with the rest of the case front when closed.

See attached pics.

Intel dual core e6400, ASUS P5W-DH Deluxe motherboard, 2G Corsair RAM, 250GB WD hard drive, Radeon 1600 512MB video card, Thermaltake liquid cooling with a customized duct for the radiator built into the front of the case.

In a little while I'll probably go to a better hard drive setup (A 500GB, with a 75gig Raptor drive), and dual ATI video cards in Crossfire. And maybe more RAM. Cause RAM is good.:D:p

Well I will hopefully get another SLi ready video card to run them. But I chose the kingston RAM for good reasons if you read the specifics. I cant wait for it all to get there.

And to mohrds
I will eventually replace it but I needed a full size tower because I plan on putting in liquid cooling system, possibly the Reserator
or the Gigabyte Galaxy II
I can't wait for it all to get here and put it all together :)

Crazy_pilot 09-17-2007 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikedjuggalo (Post 493825)
And to mohrds
I will eventually replace it but I needed a full size tower because I plan on putting in liquid cooling system, possibly the Reserator
or the Gigabyte Galaxy II
I can't wait for it all to get here and put it all together :)

The Gigabyte system is the same idea as my Thermaltake liquid cooling, except I don't have a VGA attachement. If you get that system I would suggest you modify it so that the CPU and VGA waterblocks are in parallel, not series. Use a "T" fitting (Or maybe the valves that come with the kit) to split to coolant line, one to the CPU, one to the VGA, and then another T to bring them back together. In series the first thing cooled will heat the coolant, so the second thing in line will not be as effectively cooled and will run hotter. In parallel each coolant path is independant, and so more effective.

Wikedjuggalo 09-17-2007 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot (Post 493832)
The Gigabyte system is the same idea as my Thermaltake liquid cooling, except I don't have a VGA attachement. If you get that system I would suggest you modify it so that the CPU and VGA waterblocks are in parallel, not series. Use a "T" fitting (Or maybe the valves that come with the kit) to split to coolant line, one to the CPU, one to the VGA, and then another T to bring them back together. In series the first thing cooled will heat the coolant, so the second thing in line will not be as effectively cooled and will run hotter. In parallel each coolant path is independant, and so more effective.

>.> you read my mind ! That is my plan they give you two fitting so you can do that but I plan on using it once I get both Video cards and I can see overclocking in my future with the cooling.

Wikedjuggalo 10-04-2007 12:15 PM

It works

Well today I finally go everything built and Windows XP Pro. Installed. It takes 4 1/2 seconds to boot up windows. I didn't image it was this fast :)