The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Cool Cop story (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15533)

petesvx2 01-10-2004 11:37 AM

Cool Cop story

This is a good one...

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126014

Royal Tiger 01-10-2004 11:58 AM

So if I let CigarJohnny fly by, I'd be "cool" too??? Of course he'd get a warning in a SVX!!!!!! Substantial legal disclaimer on file with LarryIII!!!!!!!!!!!!

Earthworm 01-10-2004 03:19 PM

That story stinks of BS to me.

marlettpat 01-10-2004 05:15 PM

Rob is the B.S detector, let him check it out. sounds pretty bogus to me.....wow, did i just use the word bogus?

petesvx2 01-10-2004 06:46 PM

Dude you said bogus....:)

Earthworm 01-10-2004 07:47 PM

Sweet...you said dude....:)

SVX26517 01-10-2004 08:28 PM

If its a little town like mine, ill believe it. The cops around here are more screwy than something thats really screwy............:(

Its been a long night:o

mikecg 01-12-2004 10:31 AM

I got stopped Saturday. 80 in a 55.......... Grrrrrrrrr............ $279.00 blasted Eastern Shore, MD Cops. He was rude as hell too. Didnt knock off anything. I guess I made him late for his donuts. He was hiding in the direction of Dunkin Donuts. He was going the opposite direction. We met at the top of a hill. I didnt see him because of the hill. I even pulled off the road and had my stuff out before he got turned around. I was sitting there waiting when he pulled up. I figured he'd at least appreciate the fact that I new I was bust and cut me a little slack. Not only did he not, but he was a total a$$. He was the rudist person I've ever met. After we pulled away the guy riding with me looked at me and said, "Man, he was a D!(K."

alacrity024 01-12-2004 11:47 AM

i have yet to get pulled over by a testy cop.. *knock on wood* they generally seem pretty pleasant..

however the few times i've needed to ask a police officer a question in person (whether he's just walking down the street or working security detail at a fair or whatever) they've been nothing but short, snippy and generally demeaning to me.. it's weird.. i would think that they'd at least be kind of nice, but they seem to have an extremely "holier-than-thou" attitude..

granted, they're cops, but.. i dunno

-adam

Seraph 01-12-2004 01:25 PM

I once pulled over a cop to asked him directions to his district hq. He seemed **** scared and even offered an escourt. I seem to have ok luck with them.

Royal Tiger 01-12-2004 01:41 PM

Depends where you are. You have to remember most people police come in contact with are from the last 6 inches of the genetic gene pool; not the kind you'd have over to dinner. But I am usually nice to most people. Some people don't deserve to be treated nice, but unfortunately some guys can't turn it off.

Mr. Pockets 01-12-2004 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mikecg
I got stopped Saturday. 80 in a 55.......... Grrrrrrrrr............ $279.00 blasted Eastern Shore, MD Cops. He was rude as hell too. Didnt knock off anything. I guess I made him late for his donuts. He was hiding in the direction of Dunkin Donuts. He was going the opposite direction. We met at the top of a hill. I didnt see him because of the hill. I even pulled off the road and had my stuff out before he got turned around. I was sitting there waiting when he pulled up. I figured he'd at least appreciate the fact that I new I was bust and cut me a little slack. Not only did he not, but he was a total a$$. He was the rudist person I've ever met. After we pulled away the guy riding with me looked at me and said, "Man, he was a D!(K."
I wasn't there, but still, man - you got pulled over for 80 in a 55 and you're complaining about the customer service. Come on...

:rolleyes:

Mr. Pockets 01-12-2004 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Earthworm
That story stinks of BS to me.
I agree. But then, I wasn't there, so what do I know?

Subafreak 01-12-2004 09:46 PM

As long as we are on the subject, Is it OK for a cop to pull someone over for absolutly no reason at all other than tha fact that they need some proof that they were working that night?

Also is it OK for a cop to make you get out of your car and search you with no probable couse?

Just wondering.

P.S. You said testy:D

petesvx2 01-12-2004 10:36 PM

Well from what I gathered from a course I took this past semester, the cop can pull you over, but there needs to be something to back it up. Of course he can just say that you were acting suspicious or something...as far as the search thing, thats a touchy subject, but he can always pull the "It smells like alcohol in here sir, would you mind stepping out of the car?" There's you're probable cause, and you can't argue with what someone thinks they smell.