The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Who is selling this? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30517)

NikFu S. 12-28-2005 09:44 PM

Who is selling this?

Mind telling us how you manage to get 540hp out of it with a custom cam profile?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1992-...QQcmdZViewItem

Got a little primer on the lights there.

:rolleyes:

AppStateSVX 12-28-2005 09:48 PM

awesome, thanks, now i'm not the only one to re-thread about this car!!

seriously, does anyone on here own THIS??? i want to know how to get those numbers!!!

NikFu S. 12-28-2005 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppStateSVX
awesome, thanks, now i'm not the only one to re-thread about this car!!

seriously, does anyone on here own THIS??? i want to know how to get those numbers!!!

I hit the find new posts button but only like 9 threads came up.

AppStateSVX 12-28-2005 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikFu S.
I hit the find new posts button but only like 9 threads came up.

no offense intended :D

I didn't see it, but there is a thread about this car in the Wanted section, I don't ever really check that section though, so I didn't see it....:D

odepaj 12-29-2005 12:24 PM

I've been asking the seller about the car.

Me: So with a 5-speed swap your making 540hp? Wow, I guess those 5-speeds must have turbo's in them or something to make the engine produce more hp? what does this car do in the 1/4?
Seller: Please read the ovwerviw as to how the numbers are caculated.and the 1/4 mile is unknown.
Me: You do realize there is no way to gain horsepower buy doing a tranny swap? You will gain some torque to the wheels but it'll never go over the numbers the engine is rated at. Hp numbers and torque numbers will still be lower than what the engine is rated at because of driveline loss which, we loose alot of power through because of the AWD. So your saying with cold air intake, Greddy race lower drive pulleys, 4 mid infinity race cams, infinity 555cc injectors, upgraded fuel management system, and a 5mt swap you're making 540hp? And if the car reaches 100mph in 6.6 secs. your cutting lower than a 13sec 1/4(by alot)? Why would you do 0-60mph runs and 0-100mph runs but not do a 1/4?

Im still waiting for his responce.

dustin

intelisevil 12-29-2005 07:15 PM

I think it's a case of you need to read all of the words . . . He's talking about what he thinks is the potential of our engine.

The SVX engine is a 3.3 liter flat 6 engine that is virtually bulletproof. Imagine, it has seven (yes, count 'em, seven) main bearings. All supporting a crankshaft that is only slightly longer than three cylinders. The main bearings are supported by a cross-bolted aluminum block. Although no one seems to be racing the SVX, IMHO, this engine has as much performance potential of any six-cylinder engine of a similar size that is currently available. The rods and crankshaft are forged steel and the pistons are forged aluminum. With a shorter intake port, a larger plenum, a longer exhaust header primary, and a higher rev limit, this engine is easily capable of making 300hp in a naturally aspirated state. Add a turbo to each bank of the engine, a pair of intercoolers, and lower the compression ratio and you could approach 550+ horsepower on pump gas.

That's my $0.02

Dan

AppStateSVX 12-29-2005 08:08 PM

haha, good point, but those aren't his words......they're taken from the SVX FAQ........:p :D :p :p

thank earl the smilies are back!!

Ricochet 12-29-2005 11:13 PM

god that just ruined my day

Seraph 12-29-2005 11:33 PM

Pepe? On second thought pepe's SVX had 900hp if I recall.

Pure_Insanity8 12-29-2005 11:43 PM

Why do these SVX travesties keep popping up? With how few that are around, I wouldn't think there would be so many horribly "customized."

I find it hard to believe that anyone who treats a SVX like this could possibly be informed enough to know about swapping in a 5MT, etc.. What the heck kind of "fuel management" is he running and where did he find these injectors and "race" cams?:confused: :rolleyes:

I also really like the primer overspray on the taillights to compliment that tight-azz body kit.:rolleyes:

ensteele 12-29-2005 11:59 PM

The poor poor SVX !!!! :( :(

Pearlywhites1992 12-30-2005 06:01 AM

LMAO! I remember him. And Blondeman.

Seraph 12-30-2005 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pearlywhites1992

LMAO! I remember him. And Blondeman.

:D :D :D Good old memories. Were they here or on the yahoo site?

Pearlywhites1992 12-30-2005 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seraph
:D :D :D Good old memories. Were they here or on the yahoo site?

Yahoo. I lose all respect for car owners, regardless of the make,
that insist on applying rub-on letters to their windows that say something
stupid, like: "S U B A R U" or that insist on adding "AWD" stickers everywhere!

wynndi 12-31-2005 07:49 AM

3 little words: R A W.......F U R Y.......D O G