The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   O/T - B4 Legacy pics, WOW! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11086)

Landshark 05-31-2003 07:13 AM

O/T - B4 Legacy pics, WOW!

1 Attachment(s)
the new turbo Legacy is looking pretty sweet! i really like the interior. there are a few styling niggles on the outside i would have changed, but overall its really nice looking.

Landshark 05-31-2003 07:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
front

Landshark 05-31-2003 07:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
interior

Landshark 05-31-2003 07:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
another inside shot

Landshark 05-31-2003 07:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
rear

LarryIII 05-31-2003 08:37 AM

When is it scheduled to be at USA dealerships?

Mr. Pockets 05-31-2003 09:22 AM

Man, Subaru just keeps aiming higher and higher up the car market segments...

I, for one, love it. That's a pretty car. What are the + and - buttons on the steering wheel? Shifting? They look a lot like GM's new shift buttons on the Grand Prix, so I wonder if there's any cross-breeding there. I don't have a problem with minor features like that being shared, and I think that this car definitely shows what Subaru invested their GM money in.

Still, that's a surprising number of options for shifting - full auto, autostick with the shifter and shift buttons on the wheel...

Andy 05-31-2003 09:30 AM

Looks really good, unfortunately it is unlikely to come here.

The steering wheel buttons could also be for stereo controls.

Mr. Pockets 05-31-2003 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Andy
Looks really good, unfortunately it is unlikely to come here.

The steering wheel buttons could also be for stereo controls.

I thought that, too, but since the buttons are duplicated on both sides of the wheel, I figured that they were more likely for shifting. If you drive a B4, you're more likely to want to change gear while the wheel is at an odd angle than change the radio volume. I would also think that radio buttons would entail more than simple volume control.

Andy 05-31-2003 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

I thought that, too, but since the buttons are duplicated on both sides of the wheel, I figured that they were more likely for shifting. If you drive a B4, you're more likely to want to change gear while the wheel is at an odd angle than change the radio volume. I would also think that radio buttons would entail more than simple volume control.

Could be one side for volume and the other side for tuning, as per VW. Most manufacturers are putting the gear buttons behind the wheel so that the finger tips are used.

IMHO both methods are more for novelty value. Most drivers that I know with them, quickly get fed up and just use the auto.

Landshark 05-31-2003 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryIII
When is it scheduled to be at USA dealerships?
i thought i saw something about it being a 2005 MY, so probably sometime next year?

Mr. Pockets 05-31-2003 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Andy
IMHO both methods are more for novelty value. Most drivers that I know with them, quickly get fed up and just use the auto.
Oh, I agree. If I want a manual, I'm going to buy a manual. If I want an auto, I'm going to buy an auto.

SVXdriver_007 05-31-2003 05:43 PM

why is it that when I posted this last week no one cared....I SMELL DISCRIMINATION.
J/k

I'm really excited by this car. I'd rather have a nice turboed up legacy than an STI, don't get me wrong I'd love to have both but if I could choose between the two it would be a fully loaded legacy, especially if it said B4RSK on it or Blitzein.

SVXphile 05-31-2003 06:01 PM

It only took a few seconds of viewing these shots "B4" I started getting excited!

Oh if they would just bring it over here! :D Don

(Do I note a bit of the Accord in the front? And the lower console controls look like the Mazda 6. Not criticizing; just wondered if anyone else noted the similarity?)

BLKSVX92 05-31-2003 08:01 PM

very sharp....too bad its yet another 4door:(