The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   WRX owners don't like us (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28991)

Eric's97 10-16-2005 10:31 PM

WRX owners don't like us

The ones my friend and I have come across say the SVX is nothing but a car that's trying too hard to be an STI. They barly ackknowalge it's a Subaru.
To me this makes no sense for one the SVX was made long before the STI made it to the states and second when I see an SVX I don't think a rally beast like an STI, it sits too low and its supposed to be more luxurious I think. They just don't know what they are talking about I think. Anyone else had this attitiude?

Tim-H 10-16-2005 10:35 PM

Some WRX owners, particulalry STi Owners aren't Subaru enthusiasts, they are just ricers with rich parents. Not all of them are like that, just quite a few more now than there used to be.

Also the people saying an SVX is trying to be an STi? Obviously they know nothing about cars. It's not the in same class and was never meant to be. Ignore morons, that's what I do.

THAWA 10-16-2005 11:26 PM

Who cares?

ensteele 10-17-2005 01:15 AM

They just want a SVX and can't find one. :rolleyes: :) :p

SilverSpear 10-17-2005 01:27 AM

On one side, i agree that the SVX should have been modified by Subaru in order to have a turbo setup inside and touch the +300hp figure like 3000GT and 300ZX TT and the Supra... that car should stay the top of the line of Subaru and excess the STI because it has a larger engine.

But on the other side, if you check impreza's from 1994 up until now, their designs are approximately the same, no innovation whatsoever. Whatever they do to the design, it will still be recognized as an Impreza. on the other hand, our SVX was designed by Giugaro, it is and still unique and one day it will become a collection car like the Delorian. as for the engine performance, it's only a matter of time... ;) ;) :D

Electrophil 10-17-2005 06:53 AM

I was at a redlight a few weeks back, and this WRX pulled up beside me. I waved, and the kid threw me a bird. I never thought about it being a car rivalry. I just thought he didn't like being waved at. :D

The light turned green and he launched, but I was busy looking for my Jimmy Buffet CD.

Still can't find it. I wonder what I did with that stupid CD?

Chiketkd 10-17-2005 08:18 AM

1 out of every 2 WRX/STI owners I pass on the street wave when I go by. I kinda agree with Tim-H though...some owners are nothing more than ricers who have have parents with deeper pockets. :rolleyes:

-Chike

TomsSVX 10-17-2005 08:44 AM

they especially don't like being whooped on by an SVX with 4 people in it... Closed course... profesional driver... all that good stuff

Tom

Chiketkd 10-17-2005 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX
they especially don't like being whooped on by an SVX with 4 people in it... Closed course... profesional driver... all that good stuff

Tom

:D :D :D

-Chike

TomsSVX 10-17-2005 08:47 AM

What?? :D Someone needs to know how to drive ;) :D

Tom

Bwana 10-17-2005 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele

Hrm...I wonder where they all went! :rolleyes: ;)

benebob 10-17-2005 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana
Hrm...I wonder where they all went! :rolleyes: ;)

Earl's house!!! :cool:

A Fake Vision 10-17-2005 09:03 AM

i think thats because one person has 12 of them!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele

davew833 10-17-2005 09:22 AM

Wrx/svx

I had a kid in a WRX pull up next to me and my pearl '92 a few months ago and motion to me to roll down my window. He said several things about how nice my car was and I told him I wished I had a turbo! We paced each other down the street a few blocks and then parted ways.

Chiketkd 10-17-2005 09:45 AM

At the Hagerstown Drag Meet...

...this past June, one WRX owner came over and hung out with the SVXers for a bit.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...etkd/27480.jpg

Nice guy and he had a great appreciation for Benebob's XT6 and the SVXi in attendance! :cool:

-Chike