The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   SVX Parts For Sale (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   For Sale: Radio Wiring Harnesses for SVX!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6530)

ensteele 12-07-2005 11:14 PM

That sounds great David. :)

Mike621 12-08-2005 09:38 AM

Great product! Easy Easy install. And Dave is a great help if you have any questions. Thanks again. Im sure ill buy more when i get the other svx's. :)

Rotorflyr 12-10-2005 06:09 PM

While this isn't really a group buy kinda thing maybe it should be moved to the group buy folder (as mainly this group is who is buying the harness) or at least stickied since this topic comes up fairly often.
Another option might be a "vendor" folder with Order info threads such as this, Mychailo's drop springs, stuff from Dayle, Stevebsy's bumper etc......

Nemesis Destiny 12-10-2005 06:39 PM

I agree. It would be great if all the member-made parts were in one convenient forum location. No more annoying "where do I find this" posts, and no need to answer, "use the $*&# search button!!!"

hexadec0079 01-15-2006 11:46 PM

Are these still for sale?

SVXdc 06-24-2006 06:48 PM

*bump*

Yes, all 5 different types of harnesses are still available. See the first posts of this thread for ordering instructions and FAQ.

dwd1985 07-01-2006 01:52 PM

I ordered one of the SVX forward harnesses recently, and it works great, and saved me a hell of a headache. highly reccommended if you are putting in an aftermarket stereo.

gtdanielgt 07-01-2006 02:03 PM

will the 'forward' harness work if I am installing a dvd/tv double din?

SVXdc 07-07-2006 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtdanielgt
will the 'forward' harness work if I am installing a dvd/tv double din?

Yes -- my "forward" harness will work to install any non-stock head unit, as long as your car still has the factory wiring harness (and if your SVX still has the factory radio, it's a pretty good bet that you still have the factory harness).

For more details see the link to my SVX Installation Guide in the second post of this thread.

Nemesis Destiny 07-07-2006 11:08 AM

What if the previous owners did cut the harness? How far does the rest of the wiring go before it hits another 'quick disconnect'? Is the only means of repairing a cut harness to splice on a new stock molex connector to the cut wires?

Electrophil 07-07-2006 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemesis Destiny
What if the previous owners did cut the harness? How far does the rest of the wiring go before it hits another 'quick disconnect'? Is the only means of repairing a cut harness to splice on a new stock molex connector to the cut wires?

I pulled the wiring from a parts car for a member here. Yes, they go ALL the way back. There isn't another connector for the wiring splits in several different directions.

Edit: I didn't pull, I "tried" to pull.

SVXdc 07-08-2006 11:27 AM

Quote:

What if the previous owners did cut the harness? How far does the rest of the wiring go before it hits another 'quick disconnect'?

As Electrophil said, the radio harness' wires split off in different directions. It's part of a massive wiring bundle that includes the radio, some of the speakers, clock, some illumination, and more. It costs more than $100 to replace. Plus getting to it would require completely disassembling your dash.

Quote:

... Is the only means of repairing a cut harness to splice on a new stock molex connector to the cut wires?

You can either find a factory radio harness that someone has cut from a car they're parting out, or use my reverse SVX harness. See the links in post #1 of this thread.

Nemesis Destiny 07-08-2006 02:38 PM

Well, I haven't actually looked behind the aftermarket deck in the Black one to find out if it was cut or not, but when I do, I will likely be in contact with you again, as I was very pleased with your product last time.

SVXdc 08-10-2006 08:17 AM

*Bump*

All harnesses still available. See post #1.

Please send all questions/orders via e-mail.

bmart 11-30-2006 05:55 PM

Are these still available? Thanks. b