The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I got an SVX! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3547)

gcookaustin 04-08-2002 10:41 PM

I got an SVX!

I got an SVX tonight! It's '92 claret/burgandy/wineberry/whatever and black. Touring package and spoiler! only 81000 miles too. So far so good! This thing is fun to drive. Needs an oil change, trans filter kit, and a cv axle though. Everything works!
:D :D :D

wasions 04-08-2002 11:11 PM

Very cool, g! Congratulations!

:cool: :D :cool:

Aredubjay 04-08-2002 11:14 PM

Re: I got an SVX!

Quote:

Originally posted by gcookaustin
I got an SVX tonight! It's '92 claret/burgandy/wineberry/whatever and black. Touring package and spoiler! only 81000 miles too. So far so good! This thing is fun to drive. Needs an oil change, trans filter kit, and a cv axle though. Everything works!
:D :D :D

Congratulations, Garrett! Look up Bill Moore. You and he can have a mini meet. You've also got a great dealership in Harriman, Earl Duff Subaru (a Subaru-Only Dealership) to do any work you need done. The owner's son is an SVXer and owns a beautiful Laguna Blue 95.

gcookaustin 04-08-2002 11:18 PM

Well, I drove by Duff's subaru after looking at the car once, the person I purchased the car from basically lives across the street. I guess the blue SVX sitting outside was Tim's then :) If they give a fair price I may have some of the repair work done there.

Beav 04-08-2002 11:18 PM

Congrats!

*rolls out the red carpet leading from the wannabe section to the area of the Supreme Owners*

:p

Aredubjay 04-08-2002 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by gcookaustin
Well, I drove by Duff's subaru after looking at the car once, the person I purchased the car from basically lives across the street. I guess the blue SVX sitting outside was Tim's then :) If they give a fair price I may have some of the repair work done there.
Yep. That there one would be little Timmy's :D. If I make it to this year's "Springtime in the Smokies" I hope to meet you. Tim and his crew, last year, served up a great buffet of burgers and dogs for us weary tourers. It was a fun meet -- especially the Tennessee vs Kentucky whiskey "taste-off" with a bit of true Scottish Scotch thrown in as a palate cleanser. :D

gcookaustin 04-08-2002 11:59 PM

What is the revised date again? June something...?

MartyMcFly 04-09-2002 02:43 AM

New SVXer

Congrats from me too!

Enjoy your ride.

mfg hrc

Seraph 04-09-2002 07:27 AM

Congrets!!!

A little more advice for the new owner. Try to bring the car into the dealer for the first oilchange and a check up. Mine ran me 120 yesterday.

As for the tranny, call SOA (1800-SUBARU-3) and see is all recalls have been made. You do want to put a filter on it but if it is going well, don't touch it. I asked my dealer if I should do a flush and he said don't touch the tranny. Good advice. Also register the car with SOA. They don't do much but once in a blue moon, you get a coupon. Apart from that, congrets again!!

Lwin

wasions 04-09-2002 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraph
Congrets!!!

A little more advice for the new owner. Try to bring the car into the dealer for the first oilchange and a check up. Mine ran me 120 yesterday.

As for the tranny, call SOA (1800-SUBARU-3) and see is all recalls have been made. You do want to put a filter on it but if it is going well, don't touch it. I asked my dealer if I should do a flush and he said don't touch the tranny. Good advice. Also register the car with SOA. They don't do much but once in a blue moon, you get a coupon. Apart from that, congrets again!!

Lwin

Lwin,
I bought my '95 SVX new (untitled) from the Subaru dealer in Evansville, IN, in '97, and have never, ever received any 'coupons' or any other mail, for that matter. I wondered about 'Drive' for awhile, but not enough I guess to do anything about it. Looks like just another slip-up by the dealer. (They've made several.) How does one register his car with SOA anyway?

gcookaustin 04-09-2002 10:27 AM

I just called their number, it's in the menu options. 1-800-subaru3

Seraph 04-09-2002 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by wasions

Lwin,
I bought my '95 SVX new (untitled) from the Subaru dealer in Evansville, IN, in '97, and have never, ever received any 'coupons' or any other mail, for that matter. I wondered about 'Drive' for awhile, but not enough I guess to do anything about it. Looks like just another slip-up by the dealer. (They've made several.) How does one register his car with SOA anyway?

After calling subaru-3, press 0 and talk to the person in real life. do not leave a message. SOA will send you coupons once in a while.

wasions 04-09-2002 11:19 AM

Quote:

After calling subaru-3, press 0 and talk to the person in real life. do not leave a message. SOA will send you coupons once in a while.

Thanks for the help. I'll do that as soon as I can find the VIN. (Wife has the car - and that's a really long, and sad story.) :(

Seraph 04-09-2002 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by wasions

Thanks for the help. I'll do that as soon as I can find the VIN. (Wife has the car - and that's a really long, and sad story.) :(

What? You don't have the VINs memorized? I know I am a geek. I got both memorized. The other day, you should have seen the dealer's face when he was checking my vin for entering into his system and I pull the whole number off my memory for him. He recheck anyways and his exect words were " How do you do that?"

Lwin

btw, just to show it off: JF1CX3532NH100645 All you have to memorize are the last 6 digits. The rest you can figure out from the vin chart if you have that meorized.

wasions 04-09-2002 12:15 PM

Quote:

What? You don't have the VINs memorized? I know I am a geek. I got both memorized. The other day, you should have seen the dealer's face when he was checking my vin for entering into his system and I pull the whole number off my memory for him. He recheck anyways and his exect words were " How do you do that?"

Lwin

btw, just to show it off: JF1CX3532NH100645 All you have to memorize are the last 6 digits. The rest you can figure out from the vin chart if you have that meorized.

Well, I had the VIN chart memorized, but then my wife got a cell phone . . .

. . . something had to go! :rolleyes: :eek: :D