The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   AirBags (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46512)

Jeremy'sSVX 10-08-2008 03:19 PM

AirBags

Does anyone know anything about replacing the airbags? My car is in perfectly good shape, i just hit ice went into a field and for some reason the air bags popped.

Will i have to buy new sensors? or can they be reset?

HELP!

shelfy 10-08-2008 04:41 PM

Re: AirBags

ice? :confused:

Jeremy'sSVX 10-08-2008 05:28 PM

I know, it made me so mad. my car is in basically perfect condition, the front bumper's a little messed up but nothing insane. I barely bottomed out.

I'm just now getting enough money to finally fix it and i wanna get rid of the stupid air bag light hahah

shelfy 10-09-2008 09:10 AM

where'd the ice come from in early october? :confused:

ensteele 10-09-2008 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelfy (Post 567766)
where'd the ice come from in early october? :confused:

He didn't say that he just did this.

Quote:

I'm just now getting enough money to finally fix it ...
Probably did it last winter. :rolleyes: :)

shelfy 10-09-2008 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy'sSVX (Post 567683)
Does anyone know anything about replacing the airbags? My car is in perfectly good shape, i just hit ice went into a field and for some reason the air bags popped.

Will i have to buy new sensors? or can they be reset?

HELP!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele (Post 567774)
He didn't say that he just did this. :rolleyes: :)

uhh....yed he did.

Jeremy'sSVX 10-09-2008 09:42 AM

Hahaha yes it happened in like febuary of this year but i got a new drivers side airbag off ebay and put it in just didnt hook it up cause im scared it might blow again because of the sensors being blown and i took the cover off the passenger one and glued it in place. No one would even guess it was blown it looks almost perfect except for the fact that the airbag light is on on my dash and me knowing that neither of the airbags are gonna do anything.

I just wanna get rid of the airbag light. hahah

1986nate 10-09-2008 09:42 AM

The just may not mean just now- it may mean that all he did was just hit ice and didn't get into any type of accident.;)

ensteele 10-09-2008 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1986nate (Post 567784)
The just may not mean just now- it may mean that all he did was just hit ice and didn't get into any type of accident.;)

That's how I read it. :)

Jeremy'sSVX 10-09-2008 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1986nate (Post 567784)

Hahah yes thats exactly how i meant it, no one even knew about it, i hit ice went into a field my dad pulled me out with his tahoe and i fixed it myself, the insurance company has no clue becuase they would probably consider it totaled

and we dont want that!

But back to the issue, does anyone know about replacing one? or could find out anywhere?

svx_commuter 10-09-2008 10:45 AM

A small piece of black electrical tape placed percisely over the air-bag light may be a short term fix. At least then you will not be blinded by the light. Peace, John

svx_commuter 10-09-2008 10:49 AM

If you are anywhere near Bath Pa check out Weddes. They fix Subaru's and have about six SVX's for parts. I want to to call and ask Rich. I'll get back to you.

Jeremy'sSVX 10-09-2008 11:16 AM

I've already got an airbag lined up to get, my dad is actually a mechanic so I'm gonna have him do it but i was just wondering if anyone knew anything specific about the SVX's and replacing airbags.

He said some cars you can just plug the airbags in becuase the sensors reset themselves but other cars you have to buy new sensors and a module. I wasnt sure about the SVX in particular. He hasnt looked into it yet, i was just curious for my own knowledge.

Thanks

svx_commuter 10-09-2008 11:44 AM

I spoke with Rich. You don't want to know. The electrical tape is the cheap way. Yeah the sensors and modual have to be replaced after the bags blow. Peace, John

Jeremy'sSVX 10-09-2008 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svx_commuter (Post 567802)
I spoke with Rich. You don't want to know. The electrical tape is the cheap way. Yeah the sensors and modual have to be replaced after the bags blow. Peace, John

Ugggh dang! Did he mention about how much a module and senors would be?

grrrr:mad: