The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Need Help Asap Tansmission...i Think (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=57634)

LastSVXintheChi 06-20-2011 09:09 AM

Need Help Asap Tansmission...i Think

ok so here is what happened...

I started my car fine this morning let it warm up for a 2 mins or so...went into drive fine...drove about 5 miles to my work went to put it into park didnt want to go into park...i tryed a couple of times without any force didnt work...so i pushed a little harder and it clicked so i thought it engaged but when i shut it off and let off the brake it rolled...so i put the e-brake on and tried to restart it and that didnt work and i cant get it out of the "park Position"...i am stuck at work...

its a 1992 SVX...also my exhaust fell off yesterday all the way up to the resonator...and what i thought was a atuck lifter has been ticking real bad the last 3 days too.

thanks Jared

Earthworm 06-20-2011 10:10 AM

Re: Need Help Asap Tansmission...i Think

Well if your exhaust fell off (from rust?) then perhaps your shifter cable broke as well. Is the shifter really loose?

LastSVXintheChi 06-20-2011 10:12 AM

it did fall off from rust...no it felt fine until i got to work and tried to put it in park...i talked to mechanic and he thinks the cable might be clogged up with rust or something?

LastSVXintheChi 06-20-2011 10:18 AM

ok well i think the tow truck driver has magic fingers cus it works fine now

nexus_7 06-20-2011 05:53 PM

maybe him and his magic fingers could come touch one of my F'ed svx'I. :)

LastSVXintheChi 06-20-2011 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nexus_7 (Post 679591)
maybe him and his magic fingers could come touch one of my F'ed svx'I. :)

I can give you his number if youd like ;) lol idk what he did or what it was...he sat in it giggled the selector rolled it backwards push the shift lock changed it to neutral and it started...btw I did all of that too and nothing so im out of guesses as to why it worked for him

icingdeath88 06-20-2011 08:24 PM

Is it working ok now? Maybe the shift lock unit did something weird and didn't want to let go.

LastSVXintheChi 06-20-2011 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icingdeath88 (Post 679608)
Is it working ok now? Maybe the shift lock unit did something weird and didn't want to let go.

Yeah its working fine now I was thinking maybe something got caught on the cable or something...i even took it to get an exhaust quote since mine fell off yesterday...$250 to put in the muffler and tips.