The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   how many svx's left in the USA? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33423)

Suby Fan 05-29-2006 06:30 AM

how many svx's left in the USA?

just wondering if i call up the DMV of each state would they tell me how many SVX's are regestered in the state? or is there any other way of finding ou? i have some time on my hands and it would be intresting to know... and a good selling point "Ya know there are only XXX of these left in the USA"... not that i would ever want to sell my baby:)

Ricochet 05-29-2006 09:24 AM

roughly 14,000 were sold in the US over the 5 years.. I'd guess there are around half that left.. maybe less.

It's Just Eric 05-29-2006 09:34 AM

old topic. It was stickied for a while there, Im pretty sure there was a registry and some other things going on to find out. try doing a search:)

PDSides 05-29-2006 09:38 AM

I doubt that the Texas DVM will give you the time of day! Probably the same for most other states. I don't find them to be user friendly. You may have to be satisfied with a WAG method calculation. I've done one for you using data available and relevant. Taking the total number of SVX's imported into the USA and adding a few (very few) as private imports; declaring it a wash with Canadian imports/exports; using NHTSA data for "sporty" new car road life; factoring in a higher "fanatic owner" number, and using miles-driven-per-year and accident incidence per 1000K miles driven in primary market for the SVX, I've come up with a figure of about 8,000 SVX's remaining on the road in the USA. Remember that this is a WAG method calculation, not to be used in refereed journals.
Preston

Suby Fan 05-29-2006 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PDSides
I doubt that the Texas DVM will give you the time of day! Probably the same for most other states. I don't find them to be user friendly. You may have to be satisfied with a WAG method calculation. I've done one for you using data available and relevant. Taking the total number of SVX's imported into the USA and adding a few (very few) as private imports; declaring it a wash with Canadian imports/exports; using NHTSA data for "sporty" new car road life; factoring in a higher "fanatic owner" number, and using miles-driven-per-year and accident incidence per 1000K miles driven in primary market for the SVX, I've come up with a figure of about 8,000 SVX's remaining on the road in the USA. Remember that this is a WAG method calculation, not to be used in refereed journals.
Preston

wow thats a cool formula... what about car fax and vin numbers? how do they count?... wait 14,000... on second thought i don't like that idea

Clydesvx 05-30-2006 10:29 AM

I just got a call from SUBARU reminding me that my 266,000 mile service was about due. Boy did she stumble on the mileage number!!