The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Does Your Car Have Any Rust? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10560)

alacrity024 05-06-2003 10:10 AM

Does Your Car Have Any Rust?

i just got a little curious.. what year is your car, and what's the rust situation.. this poll could be ten pages long, accounting for location, year of your car, etc... but i'm just looking for a basic idea.. post details if you want

Green1995SVX 05-06-2003 10:23 AM

I have none. The car was originally from Lancaster, PA, and spent all of its life there until i moved to the pittsburgh area about 2 years ago. Lancaster has very mild winters, so SVX's from that area are pretty rust-free. SVX's ive seen from pittsburgh, in general, are usually not as rust-free. I stopped driving my svx in the winter.

Mike

SHISVX 05-06-2003 10:52 AM

i got three places where there is rust

on my driver's door, which is about the size of a piece of rice..it was there when i got the car...it spent a lot of time in cities and by the shore

on my dimple...thanks hun!

and when i went through a car wash i come out and there is one about half the size of a dime on my driverside front fender

Kelli

Chicane 05-06-2003 10:56 AM

I have a bit of rust on both front fender, right near the top of the wheel arch... I also have a bubble right where the plastic bodycladding meets the metal on the door, and of course where the lady hit me.

Soon it will be all gone though. Muha. :D

- Rob

kuoh 05-06-2003 10:59 AM

Mine is more than a bubble but less than a big patch. It's about 2"x2" on the passenger rear fender where it meets with the rear bumper plastic, just below the gas cap. :(

KuoH

SVX10 05-06-2003 11:30 AM

Hooray for living in NM. If my car dies, it won't be rust that will take it...it will be a giant forest fire. My point....no water in NM = no rust on the SVX. However, I will be in MI for a few years now, so I'm hoping the ride can stay rust free for that time period. Then it's back to the sunny southwest :-D

Mr. Pockets 05-06-2003 12:10 PM

I have one little bubble in my paint in the right side quarter panel. The car was in a few accidents and the corrosion protection was apparently compromised.

GreenMarine 05-06-2003 12:11 PM

Thankfully the lady that owned my SVX before me kept it in a garage during the winter and drove her 4 Runner around in the winter... So even though it is from Richmond,VA There isn't a bit of rust on it at all!!!! :D :D :cool:

Mr. Pockets 05-06-2003 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SVX10
Hooray for living in NM. If my car dies, it won't be rust that will take it...it will be a giant forest fire. My point....no water in NM = no rust on the SVX. However, I will be in MI for a few years now, so I'm hoping the ride can stay rust free for that time period. Then it's back to the sunny southwest :-D
My car is rust-free except for one little bubble, despite many winters in Northern states. If you keep it clean, your car should be fine.

svxqueen 05-06-2003 02:34 PM

One small rust bubble..passenger side rear wheel well.

mohrds 05-06-2003 02:37 PM

The 2nd SVX is riddled with rust on both fenders, both quarters, one door, and the roof.

The car had some really horrible accident work done on it. Some day, I'll clean it up and redo it. I just finished building a new sandblasting booth that is big enough to fit a fender in :D

SVX1 only has one tiny spot where it was scratched.

Doug

Beav 05-06-2003 03:34 PM

Mine also has a couple little spots at the top of the door cladding. I've noticed a couple others with the same dilemma.

ensteele 05-06-2003 04:09 PM

Out of 4 SVXi, only one has two little bubbles near the fender. The 92 pearl is the one that has it. I am going to touch it up to keep it from growing. The other 3 cars don't have a speck on any painted surface. Under the car, there is a little, but not all that bad. :)

immortal_suby 05-06-2003 06:08 PM

No rust on either 92. The little red wagon is a whole other story.

scottsubarus 05-06-2003 06:10 PM

Just a spot (3inches in dia) above RR wheel open.
92 128K