The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Drool (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3468)

jscorse 04-03-2002 04:43 AM

Drool

Oh man. This morning enroute to work. Ahead I spy a "LOW" car. Hmmm? Speed up to see what we have here. I see a little horsy.

Ferrari. :cool:

New. (I see now it was a 360 Modena, trim?)

As I 'attempted' to pull along side, he made SURE my bumper would not pass his as we slowly accelerated through 95.

Red calipers clearly visible.

Wow! What a wonderful thing to see.

As we split around a semi in the middle lane, I thought....hmmm I could get ahead of him from the slow lane....but then what? No..better to sit back and watch from 'afar' and bow to the awsome power within.

According to Yahoo car guide I can have one too for the low low price of ~$4000 a MONTH!

And the best part.....the color...... you GUESS

... I see it is NOT a choice in the FONT color options. Randy's influence no doubt.

Have a nice day. :cool: :p

249SVX 04-03-2002 09:07 AM

Re: Drool

Quote:

Originally posted by jscorse
Oh man. This morning enroute to work. Ahead I spy a "LOW" car. Hmmm? Speed up to see what we have here. I see a little horsy.

Ferrari. :cool:

New. (I see now it was a 360 Modena, trim?)

As I 'attempted' to pull along side, he made SURE my bumper would not pass his as we slowly accelerated through 95.

Red calipers clearly visible.

Wow! What a wonderful thing to see.

As we split around a semi in the middle lane, I thought....hmmm I could get ahead of him from the slow lane....but then what? No..better to sit back and watch from 'afar' and bow to the awsome power within.

According to Yahoo car guide I can have one too for the low low price of ~$4000 a MONTH!

... I see it is NOT a choice in the FONT color options. Randy's influence no doubt.

Have a nice day. :cool: :p

Yep, them horsies are cute. Maybe one day...

Never2phat 04-03-2002 09:46 AM

I love how on the 360' convertibles they have the glass cover directly over the engine. No need to open the hood to show the engine off. How cooooooooooooooool :)

With such a cool color check out this 360 on Ebay: http://abacus.sj.ipixmedia.com/abc/M...66/i-1_B_L.JPG It gives me chills!!! At $229,100.00 the reserve has not been met. Get your bids in now ;)

:D B.C. :D

P.S. As aerodynamic as the outside of the Ferrari 360 is they added additional aerodynamics undernieth the car. The faster the car is driven the more the "sculpted" tunnels undernieth flex to keep the car stuck to the road. Nifty!!!!

cocacola08 04-03-2002 10:08 AM

Re: Drool

Quote:

Originally posted by jscorse

You can use yellow , if you put the yellow color tag in manually or pick a different color type in what you want to say hit ok, and then change it to yellow

cocacola08 04-03-2002 10:16 AM

Re: Re: Drool

Quote:

Originally posted by cocacola08

You can use yellow , if you put the yellow color tag in manually or pick a different color type in what you want to say hit ok, and then change it to yellow

The yellow is however quite hard to read against the background so i'm guessing that's why it's not an available choice...

You might want to change the font size then you can read yellow

Aredubjay 04-03-2002 10:28 AM

Stop it.:rolleyes:

cocacola08 04-03-2002 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay
Stop it.:rolleyes:

MWAAAAAHAAAAAAHAAAAAAAA

cocacola08 04-03-2002 02:09 PM

WOW,

that last post causes some screen issues....

I_Alcyone_I 04-03-2002 02:16 PM

i prefer the marenello, the modena is ugly to me.

Seraph 04-03-2002 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by cocacola08
WOW,

that last post causes some screen issues....

Kev, see what you did?

:D

Lwin

calmone 04-03-2002 05:24 PM

yup, the horses are great, until that first recommended major service comes up. then you can toss another 5 grand at your favorute mechanic (actually, at those prices probably a service representative or the like, certainly NOT just a mechanic) it is intereresting to see these cars for sale just after the major service has been done. many apparently feel once is enough.

Never2phat 04-03-2002 07:09 PM

Quote:

yup, the horses are great, until that first recommended major service comes up. then you can toss another 5 grand at your favorute mechanic (actually, at those prices probably a service representative or the like, certainly NOT just a mechanic) it is intereresting to see these cars for sale just after the major service has been done. many apparently feel once is enough.
I would almost have to think that if I could afford a car that costs over $200,000.00 another lil' $5,000.00 wouldn't be of any importance.

Still looking for my money tree
:D B.C. :D

Jamsvx 04-03-2002 08:11 PM

I've always liked Ferrari's (but not in resale red!!) but having had the opportunity to be a passenger in a few of them (308 GT4, 348 Challenge, Mondial) I would have to say that they are not all they are cracked up to be.

Yep, the engine sounds magnificent - 110kph in a 348, 968 Porsche next to us, he double declutches back to 3rd and nails it!!! :eek: The noise!!

But when a 550 and a 360 passed us on full throttle, that was something else.

But.....

The most unreliable tempremental cars you will come across!!! Have a read of http://www.nsxfiles.com - asides from being hilariously funny, his experience with his NSX cf: his 355 is very entertaining....its a money pit.

Either an NSX or a Porsche 996 TT would suit me - and it would always start!!

Still, the Diablo Roadsters seem to be good value second hand!!

;)

*goes to buy some more lottery tickets*

James

cocacola08 04-03-2002 08:15 PM

I'll just stick with my dreams of 8liters/10cylinders/500hp of pure detroit power....

That's right the Dodge Viper.

cocacola08 04-03-2002 08:15 PM

And as soon as I win the lottery i'll go out and buy one.

And someone else can drive the Wagon and we'll have a good race!!