The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   going to need some parts fabricated (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39977)

svxpert 07-27-2007 10:14 PM

going to need some parts fabricated

I'll be needing the following parts for a custom SVX build i'll be doing soon. If anyone can make these parts, post here or PM me. 'm looking for good
workmanship at a resonable price. I can supply most of the parts, just need them fabricated.

1. 6 speed tranny cradle/mount
2. turbo engine crossmember cut for a up-pipe
3. rear crossmember for a R180 (STi rear)
4. 6 speed shifter that fits the SVX
5. hydro operated clutch set up with a DBW gas pedal
6. hood with a scoop?

thanks

SVXRide 07-27-2007 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxpert
I'll be needing the following parts for a custom SVX build i'll be doing soon. If anyone can make these parts, post here or PM me. 'm looking for good
workmanship at a resonable price. I can supply most of the parts, just need them fabricated.

6. hood with a scoop?

thanks

Let's see, TOMSSVX should be able to provide #1, #4, and #5. I believe Dayle carries #6. PhastSVX should be able to help on #2, and I believe the stock rear crossmember works with the R180 rear (I think everyone running a 6spd right now is using a R180 rear).

-Bill

TomsSVX 07-27-2007 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxpert

6. hood with a scoop?

thanks

1. 6 speed tranny cradle/mount- got one sitting in the garage as we speak
2. turbo engine crossmember cut for a up-pipe- I have a full subframe... Just need to know where you need it cut and welded
3. rear crossmember for a R180 (STi rear)- You can notch the underbelly strap for the rear or leave it out like I did
4. 6 speed shifter that fits the SVX- I can make one in the next couple days
5. hydro operated clutch set up with a DBW gas pedal- I think I have a DBW gas pedal actually but not sure if it has the pedal cover. I can also make you a set of hydro pedals that fit the SVX to a T using the SVX frame and WRX guts... You even get to keep the SVX brake booster... Let me know if you want me to get to work. It's $800 for the 6mt conversion kit... which is what you need

Tom
6. hood with a scoop?

svxpert 07-27-2007 11:13 PM

1. 6 speed tranny cradle/mount- got one sitting in the garage as we speak
i'll let you know when i need it.

2. turbo engine crossmember cut for a up-pipe- I have a full subframe... Just need to know where you need it cut and welded
i'll have to get some measurements for you. i'll have one for you for a core.

3. rear crossmember for a R180 (STi rear)- You can notch the underbelly strap for the rear or leave it out like I did
ok, i guess i can do that

4. 6 speed shifter that fits the SVX- I can make one in the next couple days
i have a new one you can use to make one.

5. hydro operated clutch set up with a DBW gas pedal- I think I have a DBW gas pedal actually but not sure if it has the pedal cover. I can also make you a set of hydro pedals that fit the SVX to a T using the SVX frame and WRX guts... You even get to keep the SVX brake booster
i have a new DBW pedal and a set of WRX pedals along with the hydo slave cylider. when i get the stock SVX pedals i can give them to you for a core.

sounds good. pm me a price for everything as i will supply parts and give you cores. thanks

TomsSVX 07-27-2007 11:22 PM

cores are good for $100 off. Depending on how much time I log on the Subramfe will determine how much it will cost.... I gotta see if we can put the DBW ass. on the SVX pedal... will let u know

Tom

svxpert 07-29-2007 08:15 PM

<<I believe Dayle carries #6>>

i looked on his site and they only have the scoops that you bolt on. does anyone make a one piece hood with the scoope built in? thanks

AlcyoneDaze 07-30-2007 02:27 AM

ummm... on Dayle's website they have a fiberglass hood with a All-Trac/Impreza style functional scoop. The hood probably weighs a good deal less. Look a little harder in the 'Exterior' section

svxpert 07-30-2007 02:44 PM

hood

thanks, found it after putting "hood" into the search on his site. do you have that fiberglass hood on your SVX?