The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   10 years from now? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5648)

Andy 08-28-2002 03:55 PM

10 years from now?

As a driver of a 10 year old SVX, just like many of you, I wonder which current or soon to arrive new cars might hold the same attraction in ten years time.

The closest that I can think of is the new Mazda RX8. Quirky enough to be interesting. a 4 seater (2+21/2) New SVX price bracket.

But maybe you have your own favourites or ideas?

Andy

CGLathrop 08-28-2002 04:05 PM

My Vote..

Audi TT. Just something about it.

Im sure there is a few others...

Chris

Andy 08-28-2002 04:08 PM

Audi TT is just a Golf in a fancy dress, a silk purse out of a sows ear? maybe, but not an engineered car in its own right.

Andy

MartyMcFly 08-28-2002 04:17 PM

Cars

I like the new Mercedes Benz SL 500.
Do you know the VW Scirocco/Corrado?
I like this car. Maye I am going to buy a VW Scirocco as my second car.
It's also designed from Italdesign!

http://www.scirocco.org

mfg hrc

Seraph 08-28-2002 04:30 PM

you guys are forgetting something -- Current SVX. It will still be there arousing peoples' interest.

SVXCH 08-28-2002 04:33 PM

I had before 2 Corrados. A G60 and a VR6. They were good cars, but not so good like the SVX :)

My favorite of the coming cars is also the Mazda RX8. What for a look and design!

@hrc

Did you see information about the brakes on my homepage?

Greetings

Kusi

CGLathrop 08-28-2002 05:27 PM

Why??

First you ask..
Quote:

"But maybe you have your own favourites or ideas?
Then i gave my idea... and you said..

Quote:

[i]
Audi TT is just a Golf in a fancy dress, a silk purse out of a sows ear? maybe, but not an engineered car in its own right.

Andy

Why ask for someones idea if your just going to shoot it down?

Chris

DavieGravy 08-28-2002 10:39 PM

How about this>>>Nothing. Every new car comming out is what I like to call a "Hontoy Accamry". They all look the freakin same and have no personality as far as looks are concerned. I agree about the VW Corrado though, but even that car isn't a new model. Infact, it's probably in the same class of uniqueness as the SVX.

Dave

Landshark 08-28-2002 10:42 PM

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[i]

Andy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

have you ever driven a TT? my mom has one - nice car. if you've driven one, then i'll value your comment. i didn't know the Golf came in AWD - the TT does.

anyways, how long will you hold onto your car when the parts start being discontinued? we've already seen the grey floormats go. how about when Subaru quits making the ECU's? or wheel bearings? it'll happen - i think its only 5 years that car companies need to support parts for a discontinued model. they didn't make many SVX's, so once those accountants start looking at the figures for manufacturing those parts in the coming years..... :(

Green1995SVX 08-28-2002 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark
quote:
[i]

Andy

have you ever driven a TT? my mom has one - nice car. if you've driven one, then i'll value your comment. i didn't know the Golf came in AWD - the TT does.

anyways, how long will you hold onto your car when the parts start being discontinued? we've already seen the grey floormats go. how about when Subaru quits making the ECU's? or wheel bearings? it'll happen - i think its only 5 years that car companies need to support parts for a discontinued model. they didn't make many SVX's, so once those accountants start looking at the figures for manufacturing those parts in the coming years..... :(

Alan- It's 10 years I believe. So, we're looking at 2007 for the last guaranteed availability of crucial SVX parts. Time to start stocking up. <begins making space in closet for a case of wheel bearings>

-Mike :D

Landshark 08-28-2002 10:50 PM

i'm pretty sure its 5 years. they quit making 928's in 1995 and in 2001 the fuel injection computer was no longer in production. its scary!!!!:eek:

Green1995SVX 08-28-2002 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark
i'm pretty sure its 5 years. they quit making 928's in 1995 and in 2001 the fuel injection computer was no longer in production. its scary!!!!:eek:
I stand corrected. :D

I_Alcyone_I 08-29-2002 12:44 AM

I'm sure that when that happens, more substitutable parts will be found. Perhaps at a lower cost? Anyway, one can only hope.

Andy 08-29-2002 12:45 AM

Re: Why??

Quote:

Originally posted by CGLathrop
First you ask..

Why ask for someones idea if your just going to shoot it down?

Chris

Sorry, did not mean to cause offence, it's just that some people do not realise that the TT is a Golf under the skin, including engine, drivetrain and floorpan. These components are also common to the Skoda Octavia.

In the Golf, the AWD system is called the 4-motion.

Sorry again :( :(

Andy

I_Alcyone_I 08-29-2002 12:48 AM

Re: Re: Why??

Yeah but if you drive a Skoda Octavia, you are going to get way more looks than in a golf or TT. In the US anyway.