The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   O/T - The sniper(s) (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6628)

Ron Mummert 10-24-2002 10:26 PM

O/T - The sniper(s)

Well, my backyard can finally go back to shopping at Michael's again, and not to make light of the tragedy that has befallen too many good people, like the folks on this site, I don't think I've ever seen such a melding of the X-Files, Twin Peaks & the Twilight Zone all rolled into one big nightmare. The white truck/van that became a burgandy Caprice. The white loner that became two black guys. The carefully orchestrated crimes that became undone due to absolutely stupid actions by the perpetrators. Tacoma, Washington - Montgomery, Alabama - Philadelphia - DC - Virginia - Maryland... And for WHAT!!!?????? We'd better find out why.

Ron.

ensteele 10-24-2002 11:52 PM

The Lighthouse Mission in Bellingham, Washington is 3 blocks from where I work.:( It sure has come full circle across the country.

svxcess 10-25-2002 10:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Now the Brakeshoe I bunch can venture down into Northern Virginia in November, breathing a little easier. The main target area was not too far from my home.

On a related topic, the capitalistic tendencies of a few people without conscience in America can be best described by the link below. Anything for a buck! :(

SVXMAN2001 10-25-2002 10:16 AM

that is horrible

Green1995SVX 10-25-2002 11:17 AM

Wow that's.... really disrespectful.

Mike

sfsvx 10-25-2002 11:49 AM

Words totally fail me. :confused: :mad: :(

Two groups to feel sorry for:

1. People who designed/manufactured this shirt.

2. People who buy it.

Aredubjay 10-25-2002 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dick Young
Words totally fail me. :confused: :mad: :(

Two groups to feel sorry for:

1. People who designed/manufactured this shirt.

2. People who buy it.

. . . both of which should be . . . no, I'm not going to say THAT. I would, however like to know who is selling these things. I'd report them to the Better Business Bureau.

Boone 10-25-2002 12:17 PM

Randy, have at it. http://www.tshirthell.com :mad: :rolleyes:

SVXMAN2001 10-25-2002 12:35 PM

the fact that it's on this site, is promoting it in itself

Aredubjay 10-25-2002 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Boone
Randy, have at it. http://www.tshirthell.com :mad: :rolleyes:
Hmmm. Seems lilke the BBB doesn't handle this kind of complaint. Y'know, I'm all for freedom of speech, but I have to draw the line when it's combined with freedom from couth. Larry, do you think Uncle Bruno can pay these guys a visit?

Mr. Pockets 10-25-2002 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

Hmmm. Seems lilke the BBB doesn't handle this kind of complaint. Y'know, I'm all for freedom of speech, but I have to draw the line when it's combined with freedom from couth.

I don't draw the line. Ever. Rights are an all-or-nothing thing - either you respect everybody's rights or you don't. If you don't like the t-shirt, don't buy it. Close the browser window. Think happy thoughts. 'People have the right to say anything as long as it doesn't offend me,' is an absurd thing to say.

I would be outraged if you could file a complaint with the BBB for simply being offended by somebody's product.

SHISVX 10-25-2002 01:26 PM

words can't describe the type of person that would make something like that.....

the people that made and market this product are as sick in the mind as the morons that comitted the crimes in the first place.

Kelli

Landshark 10-25-2002 01:46 PM

i feel better knowing that CIA interrogators probably are administering a high pressure hose in both ends of this guy to get some info out of him. "OK, turn on the water!"

sfsvx 10-25-2002 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark
i feel better knowing that CIA interrogators probably are administering a high pressure hose in both ends of this guy to get some info out of him. "OK, turn on the water!"
I don't believe CIA interrogators are allowed to do that within the borders of the US because of several federal laws and their charter.

What they do is stand there watching the FBI counterintelligence guys, offering helpful suggestions ("Stick it there!" "Turn it up!" "Ooooh, that was cool, do it again!"). Actually, the FBI doesn't do it either, they're pretty straight-ahead folks. If, however, they'd like some assistance from me, they know how to get in touch (some past, ummmm, adventures).

Unfortunately, there's no punishment the sniper(s) could get in this country that would really fit the crimes, and that's what sets this and other civilized countries apart from . . . those others.

Landshark 10-25-2002 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dick Young

I don't believe CIA interrogators are allowed to do that within the borders of the US because of several federal laws and their charter.

what they're "allowed" to do, and what really goes on behind closed doors are two different things. there are many ways to make someone very "uncomfortable" without leaving marks.