The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What would you pay for a NEW SVX? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41784)

TomsSVX 11-09-2007 06:43 PM

What would you pay for a NEW SVX?

What would you pay for an SVX that was fully restored SVX?? Including a list of the following with a 3 year 30kmile warranty?

Full repaint. that means the engine bay and everything
New bushings all around (upgraded bushings where applicable)
Rebuilt engine to stock specs
rebuilt transmission with upgraded valve body
Under body stripped and coated with rhino liner
New front and rear axles
New front and Rear wheel bearings
New struts and mounts
Refurbished stock wheels or aftermarket of choice w/ new rubber
New quiet exhaust system.
New seat covers and refurbished interior bits
New radiator

As I plan on expanding my business with Its Just Eric and Mike621 this is something we may be interested in doing. Granted we could not roll the odometer back legally as far as I know, this car would have virtually 0 miles on it. What do you honestly think??

Tom

Crazy_pilot 11-09-2007 07:14 PM

I'd say 15-20K is a fair price for what basically amounts to a new car. If I had the money....

If you guys pursue this route, good luck to you!

NiftySVX 11-09-2007 07:18 PM

Don't forget about new shocks, springs and strut mounts :)

And make sure it is a 94+ with the dual airbags, no electric belts, and the 134a air conditioner.

I'd probably give 15 or so for it.

TomsSVX 11-09-2007 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 507711)
What would you pay for an SVX that was fully restored SVX?? Including a list of the following with a 3 year 30kmile warranty?

Full repaint. that means the engine bay and everything
New bushings all around (upgraded bushings where applicable)
Rebuilt engine to stock specs
rebuilt transmission with upgraded valve body
Under body stripped and coated with rhino liner
New front and rear axles
New front and Rear wheel bearings
New struts and mounts
Refurbished stock wheels or aftermarket of choice w/ new rubber
New quiet exhaust system.
New seat covers and refurbished interior bits
New radiator

As I plan on expanding my business with Its Just Eric and Mike621 this is something we may be interested in doing. Granted we could not roll the odometer back legally as far as I know, this car would have virtually 0 miles on it. What do you honestly think??

Tom

already there... Thnx for the responses keep them comming

Tom

jman050 11-09-2007 07:41 PM

i dont see much of a demand if you price it much over 15k....and at that price you might not make much not to mention the time you guys invest into doing this.

if you do it...might be better to forget rebuilding the stock tranny and just build them with 5spds or 6spds if someone is willing to spend that much...i predict more of a demand for a manual tranny:D

Crazy_pilot 11-09-2007 07:44 PM

^^^That's something. You guys would be doing a "build-to-order" sort of thing I assume, so options would be available? Obviously at increased price. But things like 5/6MT swaps, suspension, blah blah blah..?

TomsSVX 11-09-2007 07:50 PM

Well... i was thinking the 1st one would basically be a one off and see if someone would be interested. i can always convert a car to an MT anytime this would more or less be less in the performance realm and more in a garage queen super new low mileage SVX realm

tom

Mike621 11-09-2007 08:03 PM

I'll take one!

....wait a sec....

this car im working on....

...looks a lot like the car I just ordered!

:p:p

Mike621 11-09-2007 08:06 PM

I have always liked this idea and would be proud to assist in the by-hand restoration/reproduction of these cars. I hope all of our garage shopping works out. (Crossing my fingers for tomorrow!)

Tim 11-09-2007 08:55 PM

The only hard part would getting it insured for it's correct value. It's hard to justify it from an insurance perspective. I would love one too though.

NiftySVX 11-09-2007 09:18 PM

If you could put the new 5EAT in one I would pay handsomely. That's my dream SVX.

It's Just Eric 11-09-2007 09:37 PM

the whole point in the full restoration is this. Tom, me, and even Mike have done or had a hand in the restorations of multiple svxi. Weather that means restoring it from salvage status to drivable, or making it from broke to fixed. What HASNY been done is a full restoration, to factory specifications. A car in fully restored stock condition would be worth just about as much as a low mileage original to anyone looking to use the svx as a collector's investment.

For any of your other ambitions though, Im sure we can arrange something:)

NikFu S. 11-09-2007 09:43 PM

20k max, but I am more interested in some new-fangled gadgetry. I'd rather get a new car if it meant 21st century doo-dads. The SVX doesn't really have any doo-dads aside from a few buttons that go "beep".

kuroneko_sama 11-09-2007 09:58 PM

there are some additional things i would want, but i would pay closer on or around 25 grand (give or take a few) for a "barret jackson" quality '97 svx that would basically be a left hand drive jdm model (inc. all wheel steer) with doors that "slide" open minivan style. leather or vynal to replace the "sueded" parts, blue glow instead of green, and the "wood" pannels colored to match the exterior, body painted 3 tone (black roof and mid door line down, hematite everywhere else...and rims), a glass sunroof, i would also add the sti turbo side vents (not the center scoop) to the hood on the matching lines and port either a supercharger or a twin turbo to it, and fiberglass the stock spoiler to be seamless with the trunk lines.... there would either be a false back to the trunk for a small powered sub and my dvd changer, or i would remove the back seat and make a custom fiberglass cabinet. i would expect it to be clean and look completely stock to anyone that doesnt know any better. i would be in the detail and not in the stupid over the top "blinging" (i dont need a "pimp my ride", 7 monitor interior)

im already piece by piece working on actually doing this (minus the all wheel steer thing)... those sliding doors are going to prove to be a pain in the ass though (the wiring will have to work like a minivan's and the slide would prove difficult to provide reasonable support...

but i would donate the starter car and add 25 grand depending on how close to what i am asking this car becomes.

94SubieSVX 11-09-2007 10:08 PM

This sounds like an awsome idea, but I think that unless you can do like a payment plan or something not many people would be able to afford them. At least, the "younger" SVX crowd.