The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Anyone in the Seattle Area..... Help! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33912)

gtdanielgt 06-27-2006 07:58 PM

Anyone in the Seattle Area..... Help!

Hey all,

I am thinking about buying a svx up in seattle with a bad tranny.. Was wondering if someone would be kind enough to take it upon themselves to go take a gander at it and let me know if its worth buying?

Thanks so much for your assistance.

Alycone 06-27-2006 08:01 PM

Where in Seattle is it? What do you want to know about it?

gtdanielgt 06-27-2006 08:05 PM

I am waiting on an email from the guy to give me exact location. I just want to know how the rest of the car is, if it has any rust or major damage, how the interior looks. He said someone stole the cd player out of it, and I just want to make sure the dash isnt too badly ripped apart...Is it even possible to replace the center dash part?...hmm... And I also want to make sure it starts up and can at least be driven onto a vehicle transporter.

subiedo 06-28-2006 07:55 AM

If it's South Seattle area I could take a look & let you know the overall condition. Bad Tranny makes the drivetrain assessment tough so wondering if you're looking at a parts car or want a good platform to finish? There are many issues that can remain hidden unless the vehicle is in good operating condition. I gather it's rust, previous accident indications, overall body, glass, motor health stuff you're concerned with.

gtdanielgt 06-28-2006 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subiedo
If it's South Seattle area I could take a look & let you know the overall condition. Bad Tranny makes the drivetrain assessment tough so wondering if you're looking at a parts car or want a good platform to finish? There are many issues that can remain hidden unless the vehicle is in good operating condition. I gather it's rust, previous accident indications, overall body, glass, motor health stuff you're concerned with.

Thanks so much I would really appreciate it. I basically want it because it has low miles, and I would just go ahead and throw a 5 speed in it anyway.
I'm trying to communicate with the guy and find out the exact location. I should know by tonight.

gtdanielgt 06-28-2006 06:23 PM

Zip is 98058...does that narrow it down at all?

subiedo 06-29-2006 01:57 PM

Okay, 98058 is within 5 to maybe 7 miles from home. I can take a look if you have some info as to address, maybe a name & phone. Let me know

Alycone 06-29-2006 05:50 PM

Hey subiedo, are you coming to the NW crab meet?
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31790

:D

gtdanielgt 06-29-2006 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subiedo
Okay, 98058 is within 5 to maybe 7 miles from home. I can take a look if you have some info as to address, maybe a name & phone. Let me know

13366 126th Ave SE
Renton,Wa

It's a white one! Sitting out in their front driveway

Thank you ever so much!

subiedo 07-06-2006 07:43 AM

The address was actually 16633 & found it after some looking. By Friday afternoon (June 30th) it had been auctioned off on e-bay. My take, it was a real project car. Stereo was on the back seat, body was okay but some loose ends, interior was "well used". Per the woman I spoke with, it had transmission issues but would start up okay. Anyway, by 3:00 p.m. Friday it was already sold.

gtdanielgt 07-06-2006 05:35 PM

yeah i found out afterward it had an odometer rollback too.. Thanks very much for looking for me, i really appreciate it.. If i could have picked it up for under a grand i would have done it.

Seraph 07-07-2006 01:56 PM

Odo is not a big issue. In most states, 95 and older will be not need odo statements anyways.