The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   "New" Member (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12940)

OrthopodSvx 09-03-2003 12:02 PM

"New" Member

Hello everyone. After several months of lurking in the shadows of this board I felt that it was finally time to step forward and make my presence known. My SVX story began one night on Ebay while I was trying to find a suitable replacement for my totaled Saturn Sc-2. Although most would consider my clicking the link to "Subaru" a mistake, I like to think of it a divine intervention. Needless to say after seeing the SVX I had to have one. I kept my eyes open for months and in the process found this site. Eventually the right car came along and I became one of the few Svx owners. This is the point at which most people choose to join the site, but I really had no need. Every time a problem arose that needed expert advice the answer was found with the mystical "search" button. I suppose this relationship could have continued indefinitely but the time came to face my fear of commitment and I am now tying the knot. I hope my Svx life will be a long and happy one, never ending until.... Gulp... death do us part.
Thank you all for your unknowing help, and hopefully I will get to meet some of you at one of the upcoming meets.

-Mike B.

Mr. Pockets 09-03-2003 12:14 PM

'most would consider it a mistake???'

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Whatever - I'm glad you have fallen for this car like we have, and I'm glad you decided to join us in these forums. Hopefully we'll get to meet you at one of our gatherings.

I wish you many thousands of happy miles in your SVX. Please, tell us about it - what year, what color, etc. Post some photos in your personal locker.

Thanks for joining!

OrthopodSvx 09-03-2003 12:47 PM

After re-reading that statement I can see how it could be offensive. Let me elaborate. I was originally searching for a Jeep, or an Isuzu Trooper. Remembering that Subaru commercial with Crocodile Dundee I decided to give it a go. This is what I meant by 'mistake' because I didn’t end up with an SUV. I did not mean to make any negative implications toward Subaru. :)

As for my car, it is a Black '92 with 110,000. I will post pictures in my locker if this day at work ever ends.

mohrds 09-03-2003 12:52 PM

Welcome.

I hope your car brings you many years of faithful service.

Doug

Mr. Pockets 09-03-2003 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by OrthopodSvx
After re-reading that statement I can see how it could be offensive. Let me elaborate. I was originally searching for a Jeep, or an Isuzu Trooper. Remembering that Subaru commercial with Crocodile Dundee I decided to give it a go. This is what I meant by 'mistake' because I didn’t end up with an SUV. I did not mean to make any negative implications toward Subaru. :)

As for my car, it is a Black '92 with 110,000. I will post pictures in my locker if this day at work ever ends.

Oh, no offense taken. :) I just didn't know whether you came from a family who hated foreign cars, had something personal against Paul Hogan (I, for one, am glad they replaced him with Lance Armstrong), had astrological problems with the Pleiades constellation, whatever.

I look forward to the photos, Mike!