The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hit And Run (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27238)

92AWDSVX 07-09-2005 02:46 PM

Hit And Run

Some guy hit me and then took off. I got an estimate on the damage and just by looking at it w/o inspecting it deeply the damage is at $1700 and they think the front of the frame might be bent. WHo knows.... but i did get the guys license plate # and stuff, so hope they get him..

Wish Me Luck :mad:

ensteele 07-09-2005 03:53 PM

That happened to one of the members near here, and the license plate number was left on his back bumper. The police never did get the guy. :mad: :mad: :mad:

thundering02 07-09-2005 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
That happened to one of the members near here, and the license plate number was left on his back bumper. The police never did get the guy. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Because they don't care. I've actually talked to a couple(cops) about them and they both said something along the lines of more paper work and hastle for them.

RojoRocket 07-09-2005 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thundering02
Because they don't care. I've actually talked to a couple(cops) about them and they both said something along the lines of more paper work and hastle for them.

Wonder if it ever occured to them that anyone willing to drive away from that kind of thing is probably "wanted" for other infractions as well. ie: has no license, insurance, warrants for failure to appear, child support? Public servants indeed. :rolleyes:

Glenn

92AWDSVX 07-09-2005 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele

LoL thats not something i want to hear, but if you keep on the cops they are more likely to get them i am going to call these cops 3-4 times DAILY, i want my damn car fixed!!!

UniqueAngle 07-10-2005 01:16 PM

Best of luck with the hit'n'run. I got tagged ~2 years ago in my previous car. Got the plate, there were witnesses (one of which even chased the gal & pulled her over). Still, took approx 9 months for them to identify who was driving, then another year + to get her into court. It's now over 2 years later & she's got some sorta plea-bargain deal (she landed a significantly shortened jail sentence).

More specifically, the gal was driving someone else's car. The owner of the car was not insured (and lies lots, tried to "protect" his friend). The driver of the car was (1) not insured, (2) driving on a suspended lic, (3) now responsible for leaving the scene of an accident, (4) has a list of prior drug convictions. How'd they find her - a car with the same plates that were on the one that hit me - was pulled over for speeding and it matched the info in the computer.

Needless to say, that car she hit was effectively totalled and at over 2 years from the date of the acccident, I still haven't seen a dime for damages. Ao, like I said, best of luck.

djsiva 07-11-2005 07:25 AM

I feel you pain

In late Feb this year I woke up on a Sunday morning only to notice the back of my SVX had been hit and damaged pretty badly. I went and had an estimate the next day, $3700. Although that was one of the more expensive body shops in town. Then, the following day, I was driving to work and had three teeth snap off in the front differential. Luckily, the gear guy was able to tie the breakage in with the wreck by showing the insurance company there was no abnormal wear and tear within the gears. Anyway, it sucked.. and I was without my car for weeks because they had difficulty finding the parts for the front diff. I still have no idea who hit it...but oh well. Hope everything works out for ya....

Nate