The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   if your car is red read this!!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19202)

Matthewmongan 06-10-2004 10:12 AM

if your car is red read this!!!

man i hate the color of my car.. the green color. if anyone has a red svx i would be willing to trade. mine is a 92 lsi touring package no wing 125k +/- with a new auto tranny.

manofmayo 06-10-2004 10:19 AM

I love my Teal 92 SVX. Why don't you like yours?

Matthewmongan 06-10-2004 10:30 AM

i dont know i have always had a red subaru it feels weared to have a dark blue green one

Chiketkd 06-10-2004 10:33 AM

Wouldn't trade my red SVX for the world!

Good luck... ;)

-Chike

nordique14 06-10-2004 10:38 AM

I've heard that the red ones have problems with the color fading on the side mirrors. If you like pink mirrors, then red is the color for you. :p

Chiketkd 06-10-2004 10:40 AM

The previous owner re-painted my car! My brilliant red looks...brilliant! :D

-Chike
Quote:

Originally posted by nordique14
I've heard that the red ones have problems with the color fading on the side mirrors. If you like pink mirrors, then red is the color for you. :p

Matthewmongan 06-10-2004 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chiketkd
The previous owner re-painted my car! My brilliant red looks...brilliant! :D

-Chike

yeah rub it in (wispers under breath: red car drivin jerk );)

Darksied-X 06-10-2004 10:44 AM

Quote:

Orignially posted by nordique14
Not just the mirrors, but the rear panel below the windows where the SVX emblem is, too. My mirrors aren't even pink anymore, white plastic below is showing through.:(

Matthewmongan 06-10-2004 10:46 AM

this is true i guess i could always re paint the car ferrari red hmmm. this would be the second re-paint though

Chiketkd 06-10-2004 10:49 AM

Matt, is red your favorite color on a car, or would you just prefer a red SVX over a teal? If I was going through the expense of repainting my car, titanium grey/ silverstone would be the color for me!!!

-Chike
Quote:

Originally posted by Matthewmongan
this is true i guess i could always re paint the car ferrari red hmmm. this would be the second re-paint though

manofmayo 06-10-2004 11:48 AM

I have a red 93 impreza. Loved the color when new, but the paint is fading now and its been repainted (all body panels have been replaced at least once) several times. I really don't care for the color anymore.

My 92 svx was repainted by the previous owner. Looks almost like new.

halistan 06-10-2004 11:58 AM

you're out of luck here too

Even with the 210K miles on my red SVX I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world...except maybe another red 93 SVX with lower miles lol which i will be doing as soon as I move to Dallas ;) (thanks to Marisa Bwahahahahaha)

deruvian 06-10-2004 12:26 PM

Re: if your car is red read this!!!

Quote:

man i hate the color of my car.. the green color. if anyone has a red svx i would be willing to trade. mine is a 92 lsi touring package no wing 125k +/- with a new auto tranny.
Huh. Is there anything wrong with it, or do you just really hate the teal? I've got a red one, FWD. I've always wanted AWD.

Too bad my '94 is worth more than your '92. It wouldn't be an even trade. Also too bad that we're on opposite sides of the states.

RSVX 06-10-2004 01:38 PM

Re: if your car is red read this!!!

Quote:

no

Mr. Pockets 06-10-2004 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by nordique14
My mirrors and side window trim will get dull if I don't wax the car enough, but when I do wax it they shine right up. I'm sure that, if I didn't wax the car regularly, the color would have actually faded by now. But it just goes to show you that it's all in how you take care of the car. ;)