The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   World Crissis?? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=51690)

TomsSVX 09-15-2009 06:37 PM

World Crissis??

What do you think it will be and how long until we see it?

In the history of man kind there have been different world changing events that have regulated population of the human race. Whether it be mass war or the bubonic plague it has done its job to keep a relative balance. As the human population grows wildly out of control in our era it begs the dark question, what's next?

Personally I think climate change will have the better portion of the planet causing mass hunger and drought. I would expect to see it in the next 20 years. You have any ideas?

Tom

blackbolt94red 09-15-2009 07:24 PM

Re: World Crissis??

I wonder how the future will judge people who grew corn to make their cars run while millions starved?

Bruce

immortal_suby 09-15-2009 07:27 PM

I'm thinking it will be about 3 days after skynet becomes self aware.

seriously - have you seen these walking robots they have now?
and I thought zombies were the next apocalypse.

SVXelerator 09-15-2009 07:33 PM

the next global conflict will be over drinking water...bank on it

SoCal LS-L 09-15-2009 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by immortal_suby (Post 617743)
I'm thinking it will be about 3 days after skynet becomes self aware.

seriously - have you seen these walking robots they have now?
and I thought zombies were the next apocalypse.

I wouldnt worry about it..... Skynet has gone downhill as of late.....

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...terminator.jpg

:lol:

The next world war will be fought over ENERGY.

MadMaxSvx 09-15-2009 07:48 PM

I think, that nothing noticeable will happen in our lifespam, only minor changes (comparing with the BIG changes in the past, like the mentioned bubonic plague,world war 1 and 2, etc) like the climate change,and maybe pandemic diseases, but of short duration, due of the actual technological advances in medicine and pandemic control.
The only exciting thing about the future is the technological advances yet to see... Stay tuned!

Landshark 09-15-2009 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackbolt94red (Post 617742)
I wonder how the future will judge people who grew corn to make their cars run while millions starved?

Bruce

I wonder how the future will judge people who lived IN THE DESERT WHERE THERE IS NO FOOD.

MOVE TO WHERE THE FOOD IS! hint: there isn't much in the desert.

SoCal LS-L 09-15-2009 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark (Post 617765)
I wonder how the future will judge people who lived IN THE DESERT WHERE THERE IS NO FOOD.

MOVE TO WHERE THE FOOD IS! hint: there isn't much in the desert.

?

lol does Alan live off the land, eating bugs and roots while he watches the Pens game? The desert isnt so bad, the dry air helps you age less and keeps the ol Alcyone from rusting. If I had to I could probably eat something out there.... Bear Grylls does it...

SilverSpear 09-16-2009 02:08 AM

The climate is definitely changing worldwide at a very increasing rate. Let me compare two opposites in the Middle East, Lebanon and Qatar.

Lebanon: All green, no desert. 4 distinct seasons in a year, USED to be 3 months each (give or take). Now it has become almost 2 seasons, Spring only one month or so... It is getting colder and colder each year, Summer is diminishing. It is almost raining 6 months a year and summertime is only 3 months, Autumn is 2 months..

Qatar: All desert, no green. Used to be one distinct season, SUMMER! In August and September you can feel excessive humidity where sometimes you cannot even breathe and all your cloth gets glued on your body. It is hot hot hot...
NOW, in Dec06/Jan07 witnessed the first year of rain in Qatar. It rained for 1 week only. Dec07/Jan08 rained for 2 weeks and Dec08/Jan09 it rained for 6 weeks. This year's humidity between Aug/Sep was NEGLIGEABLE!

So I guess this region and the world is turning COLD-er at a very increasing rate.

What's next in terms of other things? I will tell you... More population = more diseases, more wars & more misery. No offense to the Muslim members around here, but I have to admit that the Muslims around here are growing a lot by numbers. I think the current average kids in each family is around 7. At this rate, the number of Muslims worldwide will equal the Christians and since your Government will keep backing the Jews against the Muslims in this region, the world will witness more terrorist attacks.

Sorry i am not generalizing that Muslims are terrorists, I am saying that the more you have, the more terrorists you will have since you can find kamikaze extremism in only this religion than another.

The US administration should NOT keep backing the Jews with resolutions and weapons. They should not also back Muslims. What I am saying is that your administration should be FRIENDS with everybody without taking sides... because trust me, the enemy you cannot face, is an enemy you should be friend with.

Sorry YT for turning this thread into somehow political, never intended to. But I had those thoughts upon my chest and I had to say them.

SomethingElse 09-16-2009 05:07 AM

12-21-2012 FTW!

Polar shift loss of gravity, the moon spinning out of orbit....or maybe nothing at all.

Landshark 09-16-2009 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SomethingElse (Post 617782)
12-21-2012 FTW!

Polar shift loss of gravity, the moon spinning out of orbit....or maybe nothing at all.

dogs and cats .... living together ....

LarryIII 09-16-2009 08:12 AM

There is an old book published in 1969 called the Limits of Growth. It is based on computerized (yes we had computers in 1969....can you say Fortran)statistical model studies done at MIT & Harvard. It tracks 7 variables such as Polution, Population Growth, Arable Land, etc. and adjusts their abundance-scarcity in the world in relation to each other. No mater what mankind does, the worldwide situation goes to hell in a hand basket by 2050. I suggest that everyone read this book. The computer models used then have been updated many times since.

If I'm still around in 2050 (doubtful), I'll still be driving an SVX (if I can get gasoline) and update this post.

svxfiles 09-16-2009 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXelerator (Post 617744)
the next global conflict will be over drinking water...bank on it

You can drink water now!:confused:

SoCal LS-L 09-16-2009 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSpear (Post 617778)
The climate is definitely changing worldwide at a very increasing rate. Let me compare two opposites in the Middle East, Lebanon and Qatar.

Lebanon: All green, no desert. 4 distinct seasons in a year, USED to be 3 months each (give or take). Now it has become almost 2 seasons, Spring only one month or so... It is getting colder and colder each year, Summer is diminishing. It is almost raining 6 months a year and summertime is only 3 months, Autumn is 2 months..

Qatar: All desert, no green. Used to be one distinct season, SUMMER! In August and September you can feel excessive humidity where sometimes you cannot even breathe and all your cloth gets glued on your body. It is hot hot hot...
NOW, in Dec06/Jan07 witnessed the first year of rain in Qatar. It rained for 1 week only. Dec07/Jan08 rained for 2 weeks and Dec08/Jan09 it rained for 6 weeks. This year's humidity between Aug/Sep was NEGLIGEABLE!

So I guess this region and the world is turning COLD-er at a very increasing rate.

:google: Thermohaline circulation

MadMaxSvx 09-16-2009 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SomethingElse (Post 617782)
12-21-2012 FTW!

You forgot the ALIEN INVASION!