The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Met an older owner today, (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=58607)

B 4 You 10-31-2011 10:25 PM

Met an older owner today,

She didn't have an SVX anymore, and hadn't for a while, but she was so excited to see one on the road. She talked to me for a while about how she got it to 155 once, and how she cried when she had to sell it, and how much she missed it and would love to buy one again, if she could find one. I told her about this network, so if a lady in her 40's or 50's is on here looking for an SVX near Indiana, PA, that's her. I enjoy older car enthusiasts stopping me to talk about my car, rather than the *cool* kids asking, "What is that thing? Is it fast?" Who only know what a Civic or a Neon is. It separates the definite line between a car enthusiast and a know-it-all kid . Makes me as a 20 year old kid really appreciate this rare machine. I hope she never dies. Just thought i'd share. :)

RojoRocket 10-31-2011 11:40 PM

Re: Met an older owner today,

Quote:

Originally Posted by B 4 You (Post 690082)
... so if a lady in her 40's or 50's is on here looking for an SVX near Indiana, PA, that's her. I enjoy older car enthusiasts stopping me to talk about my car, rather than the *cool* kids asking, "What is that thing? Is it fast?" Who only know what a Civic or a Neon is. It separates the definite line between a car enthusiast and a know-it-all kid . Makes me as a 20 year old kid really appreciate this rare machine. I hope she never dies. Just thought i'd share. :)

Were you hoping "she", the "old lady in her 40's or 50's" never dies, or your car? :lol::lol: You "kids" crack me up!! :cool: "Old" lady indeed! She's just broken in! :lol::lol:

Glenn

B 4 You 11-01-2011 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RojoRocket (Post 690091)
Were you hoping "she", the "old lady in her 40's or 50's" never dies, or your car? :lol::lol: You "kids" crack me up!! :cool: "Old" lady indeed! She's just broken in! :lol::lol:

Glenn

my car! not saying i wish her dead, but i was referring to the car. :lol: and by "she's just broken in", do you mean the car or the woman? :lol: :rolleyes:

RojoRocket 11-01-2011 02:05 AM

Now you're catchin' on, young whippersnapper! :lol::lol: I was actually referring to both. :cool:

Glenn

svxfiles 11-01-2011 05:49 AM

You tell him Glenn!

20!:mad:

Not ready for long pants yet!:rolleyes:

Nap time now.

Sean486 11-01-2011 06:25 AM

She probably looked great 20 years ago, when she was just shy of thirty and driving around in that beautiful and expensive new SVX.

RojoRocket 11-01-2011 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean486 (Post 690101)
She probably looked great 20 years ago, when she was just shy of thirty and driving around in that beautiful and expensive new SVX.

That's the point Sean. She probably looks great now, for an "old lady", I mean "old car". :lol::lol:
Actually, B 4 You made an excellent point about true car lovers in original post, and he does refer to himself as a "20 year old kid". Just having a little fun with him.

Glenn :cool:

B 4 You 11-01-2011 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxfiles (Post 690100)
You tell him Glenn!

20!:mad:

Not ready for long pants yet!:rolleyes:

Nap time now.

hey if you're mad just wait up for a few decades, i'll catch up to ya. :p
like 7 decades :P

B 4 You 11-01-2011 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RojoRocket (Post 690104)
That's the point Sean. She probably looks great now, for an "old lady", I mean "old car". :lol::lol:
Actually, B 4 You made an excellent point about true car lovers in original post, and he does refer to himself as a "20 year old kid". Just having a little fun with him.

Glenn :cool:

All in good fun. :) At least I don't think of old people as wastes of space... old people have such a wealth of knowledge and understanding, and I can learn from it (rather than refute it and tell them I'm right). I hate my generation. They think they're so smart. :tard:

svxfiles 11-01-2011 07:48 AM

What?
At 40 or 50 would'nt She be younger?:confused:
What?
Huh?

Nap time.

B 4 You 11-01-2011 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxfiles (Post 690111)
What?
At 40 or 50 would'nt She be younger?:confused:
What?
Huh?

Nap time.

i don't understand. :confused:

Turbone 11-01-2011 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B 4 You (Post 690106)
All in good fun. :) At least I don't think of old people as wastes of space... old people have such a wealth of knowledge and understanding, and I can learn from it (rather than refute it and tell them I'm right). I hate my generation. They think they're so smart. :tard:

I approve of this post.

svxfiles 11-01-2011 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B 4 You (Post 690115)
i don't understand. :confused:

Hint;
nickname; Old Tom.....:rolleyes:

Conn SVX 11-01-2011 09:03 AM

If we could just pass on all we have learned to the younger group coming up and add it to the stuff they know we don't know.( computer s, Ipods etc) and they didn't insist on learning all over from the beginning thinking we are stupid until they learn everything by the time they are 40 . ( I am surprised they believe the WHEEL is a good thing )<LOL> Every generation would get smarter not back up and loose 40 years. :lol:

LastSVXintheChi 11-01-2011 10:05 AM

im 21 and i think this generation is ignorant as hell! i work with a kid who is a few years older than me and he didn't know how a credit card worked...i had to explain it to him cus he had one and didnt know what he was doing. i asked him if he had thought about asking a parent about them before he got it he said "no they dont know anything about credit cards..."here is the kicker..."they didnt have credit cards back then" :eek:

really?? :lol:

stupid