The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The bar got raised on me! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29604)

mikecg 11-14-2005 10:20 AM

The bar got raised on me!

I was using my mothers 01 Vette as the standard for building my SVX. I wanted to build it to have more power, be faster, handle better, and show better.

I went to visit them this weekend. Saturday my mother call to meet me for dinner. She shows up an a 2004 Z06. The car is freeking unbelievable. It is an ex-show car with over 10K in aftermarket work done to it. It has a $4000 dollar mural of the marine putting up the flag at Iwo Jima hand painted and signed under the hood & chrome everywhere. A 3 in mandle bent exhaust with no mufflers. A K&N intake system, after market wheels and tires. And thats just what we can see. The interior has hand imbroidered work done everywhere. She got 16K for her old vette and still had to add in 28K cash to get it. The car is sick. They have to take it back soon to have the exhaust toned down some though. When they ran it through the guy said the max dB allowed was 96. At 2500 RPMS it was reading 109dB.

Best part is she let me barrow it for the week :D :D :D :cool: :cool:

Chiketkd 11-14-2005 10:24 AM

Damn Mike! You're mom sounds like she's been going on 29 for over 20 years!!!! :)

That's a nice ride she picked up! Are you now raising the bar for your SVX to that of an '04 Z06?! :eek:

-Chike

mikecg 11-14-2005 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiketkd
Damn Mike! You're mom sounds like she's been going on 29 for over 20 years!!!! :)

That's a nice ride she picked up! Are you now raising the bar for your SVX to that of an '04 Z06?! :eek:

-Chike

I dont know if thats possible. I'll still shot for the Stock 300HP vette. Once I get to that point I may consider going back into the engine bay for more power.

SilverSpear 11-14-2005 11:35 AM

Hey MIKE, your MOM rocks!!! :cool: :cool:

Bipa 11-14-2005 11:55 AM

My Mom drives a Saturn :o :p

pipedream 11-14-2005 12:03 PM

Haha, thats funny-

I got my "speed gene" from my mother too- she just picked up a black 2006 Z4. It's pretty outrageous, and makes my svx look like a station wagon. :)

Your mom's car sounds tight, although... i have to say that mural sounds kinda tacky! But maybe that's just the american in me. :)

-e

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikecg
I was using my mothers 01 Vette as the standard for building my SVX. I wanted to build it to have more power, be faster, handle better, and show better.

I went to visit them this weekend. Saturday my mother call to meet me for dinner. She shows up an a 2004 Z06. The car is freeking unbelievable. It is an ex-show car with over 10K in aftermarket work done to it. It has a $4000 dollar mural of the marine putting up the flag at Iwo Jima hand painted and signed under the hood & chrome everywhere. A 3 in mandle bent exhaust with no mufflers. A K&N intake system, after market wheels and tires. And thats just what we can see. The interior has hand imbroidered work done everywhere. She got 16K for her old vette and still had to add in 28K cash to get it. The car is sick. They have to take it back soon to have the exhaust toned down some though. When they ran it through the guy said the max dB allowed was 96. At 2500 RPMS it was reading 109dB.

Best part is she let me barrow it for the week :D :D :D :cool: :cool:

mikecg 11-14-2005 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pipedream
Haha, thats funny-

I got my "speed gene" from my mother too- she just picked up a black 2006 Z4. It's pretty outrageous, and makes my svx look like a station wagon. :)

Your mom's car sounds tight, although... i have to say that mural sounds kinda tacky! But maybe that's just the american in me. :)

-e

I got the double speed gene. Dad, Grandfather, grandmother and uncle use to run dirt track stock cars. On moms side it was street race and drag strip. Aunt paid for nursing school by street racing on the weekends. (aaaa the good old days. shame I missed them.)

msvx95 11-14-2005 01:31 PM

:( My mom has a Subaru Baja and she drives like an old lady. I got in her car and jumped on it.....The car simply has no acceleration, in any gear! Sad, sad, sad

So you are lucky Mike, I'd love to hear an audio clip of the exhaust

Earthworm 11-14-2005 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikecg
I got the double speed gene. Dad, Grandfather, grandmother and uncle use to run dirt track stock cars. On moms side it was street race and drag strip. Aunt paid for nursing school by street racing on the weekends. (aaaa the good old days. shame I missed them.)

That sounds like my family too. Are we related? :D

TomsSVX 11-14-2005 04:47 PM

I'd love to get a dB reading of it from idle to wide open throttle to see what kind of hearing damage you could do :D

Tom

Electrophil 11-14-2005 06:02 PM

Wow! What a cool Mom. Drives a Vette!! :D That is so cool!

Red SVX 92 11-14-2005 08:10 PM

Damn, I want a mom that knows her cars... My family's idea of fast is 200 hp...