The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   HAHAHAHA!!! owned! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23173)

Landshark 12-07-2004 05:08 PM

HAHAHAHA!!! owned!

found this funny on NASIOC.....
Hey, Mr White SUV! By the time you read this it will be way too late

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: anon-48581345@craigslist.org
Date: Wed Nov 10 20:37:20 2004

Yes you,Mr.Too-busy-talking-on-my-cell-to avoid-pedestrians.

Today, White Lexus SUV, the full-size "Living Room" Edition, brand new by the look of it, but you did have a plate (that's good, read on to discover why!)

15th and Mission around 1pm. I was on the Northeast side waiting to cross Mission. You were so busy running that red light and babbling on your phone, ( by the way, the cameras got you) that you nearly ran me down; it almost looked like you swerved to hit me, but I'll be generous and credit that to your lack of interest in your surroundings while you were paying $20/hr for phone sex or something equally absorbing.

I quickly stepped backwards onto the sidewalk but not quickly enough to avoid your hitting my...

Paintbrush.

No, wait; this gets even better

The brush went along the length of the entire vehicle on the passenger side; a big broad 4" racing stripe. I did not do this intentionally; it was all I could do to avoid you hitting me; you swerved at least two feet in my direction whilst trying to re-position the phone under between your shoulder and your thick head. Too bad you didn't catch my other hand with the half-gallon pail in it, but that was further out of the way.
Come to think of it, too bad you managed to recover; you'd have looked pretty funny stuck in the back of the parked UPS truck that you barely managed to avoid.

So now, you may be wondering, how easy will this new modification be to remove from your lovely new SUV, and what color is it?

How easy will dried latex or enamel come off my lovely new vehicle, or for that matter, what color is my new racing stripe?? Can't be too hard, especially with latex, right? ...It, er, WAS latex, right?

Well Sparky, your new stripe, it's a sort of shiny steel color with a crinkly finish. "My goodness", you may exclaim, "what kind of paint makes a steel color with a crinkly finish?".

Well, not exactly paint, it was actually paint stripper

Jasco marine paint stripper, to be quite specific, which probably lifted your lustrous new white sparkley finish within 20 seconds.

As I said, by the time you read this it will be too late.

It was already too late when you nearly ran the next light at Mish and 16th.

Sometimes my belief in some higher, more just power is affirmed.

I mention all this in CL in the hopes you read it and realize that nobody 'vandalized' your vehicle but you.

Because now you need a whole new paint job and a couple hundred for the red light ticket. And you probably need a karma mechanic.

Happy motoring, jackass.

And thank you, Jasco Chemical Corporation of Santa Ana CA! I have successfully used your excellent products for many years now, but never with the sublime sense of transcendental joy and absolute delight that accompanies a near-death experience combined with a job well done!

NapaBavarian 12-07-2004 05:20 PM

Ever been to San Francisco? That isn't that far out there...:D

NikFu S. 12-07-2004 05:58 PM

Bitter yet oh so sweet.

Chiketkd 12-07-2004 07:01 PM

The title says it best!

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...etkd/20691.jpg

-Chike

Earthworm 12-08-2004 12:42 PM

I doubt the owner would even care about the car. If they can afford to own it then they can afford to fix it.

I wouldn't doubt it has a license plate of "TUESDAY". :)

p.s. I hate SUV's

mohrds 12-08-2004 02:05 PM

Funny urban legend.

Jasco's website lists the MSDS for their strippers.
http://www.jasco-help.com/msds/premi...nt_remover.pdf
It is a known cancer causing agent, has a "pungent odor", and creates gross water contamination. Couple that with "DIZZINESS, NAUSEA, RESPIRATORY TRACT IRRITATION." from not wearing protective gear and you've got a guy telling a great fable!

If this guy was out walking with a 4" brush of this stuff on a public street, homeland security would have picked him up prior to the SUV incident.

Doug

Landshark 12-08-2004 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mohrds

It is a known cancer causing agent, has a "pungent odor", and creates gross water contamination. Couple that with "DIZZINESS, NAUSEA, RESPIRATORY TRACT IRRITATION." from not wearing protective gear and you've got a guy telling a great fable!

If this guy was out walking with a 4" brush of this stuff on a public street, homeland security would have picked him up prior to the SUV incident.

Doug

i guess everyone wears hard hats, protective goggles, masks, and gloves when they are supposed to.

its paint stripper, not a plutonium rod.
might be a tale tall, but i certainly wouldn't say it DEFINITELY is.

RojoRocket 12-08-2004 06:28 PM

:D And besides, it makes you feel so good just reading it, with no threat to life, limb, or SVX!! :) Cool!!!

Glenn

Noir 12-08-2004 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mohrds

Doug

I guess you've never been on a construction site. Although I doubt this incident actually occurred, but I have seen painters in construction crews cross streets with their paint stripperson many occasions. Especially Messicaners.

I doubt homeland security would give two shakes of a horses tail about painters with their cans of thinner.

Landshark 12-08-2004 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Noir

I doubt homeland security would give two shakes of a horses tail about painters with their cans of thinner.

don't you take a thermos full of paint thinner to work everyday for lunch?

Noir 12-08-2004 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark

don't you take a thermos full of paint thinner to work everyday for lunch?

Yeah it's Moonshine Thinner. :p

NikFu S. 12-08-2004 07:08 PM

Uh, doesn't that stuff evaporate really fast?

lee 12-08-2004 07:34 PM

not sure if this is universal or not, but.....

On my way home from work I make a left turn from a busy street into my neighborhood. The setup is two opposing left turn lanes. It seems that every time I pull into the turning lane an SUV with dark tinted windows and pulls into the opposing turning lane at an angle. As a result, I can't see around them without endangering myself and others and so have to wait until they make their turn to see if it's safe for me to go. I usually hope one of their SUV peers runs into the back of them and drives them into oncoming traffic to strike yet another SUV - just thinking of three of them being taken out at once brings a smile.

The paint stripper story, true or not, brought a tear of joy to my eyes.

Matthewmongan 12-09-2004 12:02 AM

this isn't at all like mineral spirits or clear paint thinner.

if its marine paint thiner i would assume that its quite thick. the stuff i used once was a beep blue goop that went on realy thick and gelled/bubled up un about 10 seconds with the paint/flesh/carpet/small animals or what ever it touches. it stays on the brush for a while and the only way to remove it from a surface is with a metal striper/puddy knife. this occurence is probable if the guy was useing it within the last 15-20 min and he didnt clean off his brush.

NapaBavarian 12-09-2004 01:04 AM

I'm gonna chime in here since I used to work with this stuff, why would you be standing in the street with it in an open container? Furthermore, it would take a while to work, not a few seconds, it is very difficult to remove properly bonded paint. It sounds like BS, but it is a cool story anyhow, and I carried work in my truck, like MEKP... Jasco can give heart attack like symptoms if it is breathed in concentration, and I hate that $#!+